2014 Volkswagen Beetle

Available in 13 styles:  2014 Volkswagen Beetle 2dr Hatchback shown

Overall

What a Beetle!

by Doug from Winchester, VA | May 18, 2016

Purchased a used 2014 Beetle Convertible (white with camel interior and top) that was a trade-in at a Chrysler dealer 6 weeks ago. It is a birthday present for my wife's 70th! She fell immediately in love with it (she had one when she was 18) and wants to drive it all the time. She just loves having a drop top and everyone notices her and her "Doddlebug". She put "eyelashes" and flower decals on it to make it her own. Women go crazy over it. So far the car runs great, gets good mileage and is very comfortable to drive.

becoming a mechanical nightmare

by Pug bug from Lancaster PA | August 23, 2015

love my 2014 TDI, it fits me great and is comfortable and fun. But it's rapidly becoming a mechanical nightmare. It was just in the garage four weeks ago and going back again in two days. Drivers seat when from constantly falling (but dealer says it's fine! If it was fine, I would be sitting on the roof to drive for as often as it needs adjusted!!). Now seat doesn't work at all. Horn quit working. Brakes screech. Engine hesitates. Drivers window stopped "dropping" to go under the canvas top so I can't close the door until the window decides to work again. I'm not confident of this vehicle being reliable long term.

One HOT Little Car!

by NYOnMyMynd from Southern California | March 25, 2015

I purchased a 2014 V W Beetle TDI on Valentine's Day, and what a valentine she is! I drove the little car up California's beautiful Central Coast for a week of vacation and she performed like an absolute champion! She gave me an amazingly smooth ride, very easily passed everything I urged her to pass, and topped it all off with a cool 37.87 mpg on the open road (32+ mpg on an eqal combo of city/highway driving). I bought the basic model of the TDI and the sound system is excellent. The only thing I would like to change is that I would add automatic headlights if I could. It is not a problem at all to find a filling station that offers Diesel #2 fuel. I find it readily available wherever I go. I would definitely recommend the Beetle. I will be using her for all my driving needs, ranging from household errands to extended road trips. She is the perfect vehicle for me.

Perfect for tall people!

by Love My Bug! from Missouri | January 29, 2015

I have wanted a Beetle my entire life. We have 6' tall twins daughters (my husband and I are both 6'2") and have each owned a minivan since they were little. When they left for college, we went car shopping for a car "just for us" with no backseat room for passengers. :) I sat in/test drove several small cars (Focus, Cooper, Mazda), but the Beetle (Denim Blue R-Line Turbo - adorable!) was the only car that made me smile just sitting it. It is very comfortable and perfect for 2 people - possibly 4, if the front seat passengers aren't tall. I love the head room and do not feel claustrophobic when I sit in it (a problem with my old minivan). It's interesting that I get the most attention from girls under 20, women over 40, and elderly men ("I used to have one of those!"). I received my 10,000 mile service notice yesterday (I bought my Beetle in April 2014), but my car only has 6,200 miles on it. I need to go on some long drives.

mi mi 's new beetle

by mi mi,s beetle from pawleys island sc | December 31, 2014

bought a 2014 for my wifes birthday and Christmas , needed to be yellow new and this is just what she wanted .. its cute and works perfectly got a great deal on a leftover ,,,not ba long distance ride, but great about town

Love this car!

by Patrick from El Cerrito, CA | October 17, 2014

I have a 2014 Yellow Beetle convertible with the 1.8T and automatic transition. I have also owned a 1999 New Beetle and a 1967 Beetle. This car is wonderful. First, I love the looks, top up or down. I get compliments and positive comments constantly. And guys, if you want to get women's attention, this is the automotive equivalent of a puppy. Several times while parallel parking (top down), women have come up to the car to ask about it, say how much they love it, or threaten to steal it while I am in the store. At stop lights and in slow traffic, I get people wanting to ask about the car. If you want to be left alone, get an Accord. The ride is excellent, much better than the previous model. Even though this is a convertible, it is quieter than my old 1999 hard top. The seats are also more comfortable. The engine is extremely smooth and quiet. You cannot tell if the motor is running without checking the tach. Fortunately, they have made it so that you cannot engage the starter when the engine is running. I have tried to start it several times, only to discover that is already running. This car makes me happy. When I find myself caught in bumper to bumper traffic, I take the top down, turn up the radio and enjoy the sun on my face.

Go drive/buy a VW TDI

by Danville John from Danville, CA | August 5, 2014

It's a pretty "special" feeling when seeing/driving any car can put such a "big smile" on your face, a "skip in your step" and attracts strangers like cute puppies! My wife is a bona fide "car snob". We have a beautiful Lexus SC430 Covt/Hdtp that she has driven maybe twice in 2 years! But when she saw a new Toffee-brown VW TDI Convt. with a Creme-colored Tan top - she said it was one of the "best looking cars" she had ever seen! Bingo! Sold the Lexus & here we are. I was traveling on a business trip to So Cal - so used the opportunity to shop for this "specific" vehicle on Cars.com on just my iPhone. Turns out there were ONLY 4 of these cars in the entire State of Calif. - yikes! The closest Dealer I could find ended up being a "perfect" choice - McKenna VW in HB. Alexi was my Internet Sales Contact & she was terrific! Highly recommended - zero pressure, very knowledgeable - the "exact opposite" of what you expect a car salesperson to be. :) My daughter has a new Jetta TDI Sportswagen and that might be the "most well-rounded, truly economical, German-engineered cars on the planet" but the VW Beetle TDI Convt. is totally "over-the-top". It is "pure pleasure" to drive and the performance & economy is in a "class by itself". Point: I drove the card from Orange County to San Francisco up Hwy 101 - almost exactly 500 miles on exactly 12 gallons of diesel (42+ MPG @ 75 MPH). Since I bought it almost a month a ago - I've never goteen less than 36 MPG and have routinely gotten over 53MPG @ 70+ Freeway speeds. You keep hearing about Porsche-type handling & on a trip to the Wine Country last weekend - it delivered on every promise! Go drive a Beetle or any VW - TDi & see the "smile on your face" - cars should be fun! LOL.

Love the Beetle TDI!!

by beetlebadboy from Marietta, GA | July 5, 2014

First 2 weeks of ownership -- and I am head over heals!! My first TDI, my first VW, and I am impressed. Impressive torque propels the beetle effortlessly, drives like a sports car. The 8 speaker standard satellite radio sounds nicer than my former Lincoln MKZ. In fact, probably the best sounding radio i have ever had in a vehicle. I wish the windows would not lower when opening a door. I had a Mustang that did the same thing, and it was plagued by frozen windows (stopping vehicle entry) during the winter months. Not looking forward to it happening to the beetle come winter. I do love the car through. Mine is black with the beige learette interior. Beautiful/classy looking with the interior black trim. Any Cons are so few compared to all the Pros - no need to mention them as all are personal preferences for most part. No regrets so far -- in fact I am sold on VW, particularly the beetle. Quite impressive and total FUN. TDI is a real keeper!

Miles-o-Smiles (Sun Tan Lotion Not Included)

by stew from New Jersey to Chicago | June 23, 2014

I bought an '03 convertible and it was a lot of trouble to own in a very short while and I essentially gave it away to a family member. But, because I really wanted a covertible still I continued looking around , Sebring, Camaro, the usual suspects and I always came back to the VW Beetle. Last week I paid cash for a new one and picked it up Saturday and the next day I drove it 800 miles on business. Well, 1st of all, when top down motoring? They sure got the radio right. At speed the car has everything else right. It has enough reserve power left to pass, and handling when a trucks tire blew right in front of me really made the difference as I snapped the car to the left a half a lane with out warning! Stable, sure footed, and confidence building. One button top down/up operation is great. No latches, flaps, or other worries here. The owners manual says you can drop or raise the top on the move up to about 30 mph. When the top goes down comes up, it unlatches and unlocks on its own, and if you continue to hold the switch, all four windows raise up simultaneously when it goes back up and the top latches and locks itself. Miles per gallon were as promised, BTW, it is an automatic powered by the 1.8 Turbo. I must admit, I expected less performance. How do they do that? Cruise control was a great help, seating was firm but not too hard at all. Having arrived at my destination yesterday afternoon, I topped up the tank and got a car wash ready for my business appointment this morning with confidence my new car was up for the task. A convertible Beetle is not for every one, but it sure is for me!

Always wanted a Beetle

by My Bugsy from Vermilion | May 22, 2014

Beautiful car which handles, drives and looks good. We have had many compliments already and we have told them to go to Spitzer in Amherst and the staff will treat you well. Ask for Daniel, Scott or Dawn. We love it and have been riding around with the top down.