2009 Volkswagen CC

Available in 4 styles:  2009 Volkswagen Passat CC 4dr AWD 4MOTION Sedan shown

Overall

VW Steering Rack Issues

by Mitch from Panama City Fl | May 6, 2014

2009 VW CC VR^, needed a new steering rack in 2011 and now again in 2014. $2,399 Repair and VW Consumer Assistance said now help. Wow, how could a steering rack go our 20 an 09 in 11 and again in 14 and VW does not assist with the repair. Awful Customer service.

Nice Car But has issues

by New to VWs from Richmond VA | October 11, 2013

The VW CC drives great and the styling is top notch. I love the sporty feel in the interior (seats, steering wheel etc) and the exterior (the drive is solid). The gas milage is great. I got 33mpg on my first tank. Since then it has gone down but only because of my driving style, not the car. Now for the issues I have already had a problem with the transmission and understand that this is fairly common due to a faulty solenoid in the valve body which causes it to slam into 1st gear for a brief moment from 2nd or 3rd. Very alarming and can be dangerous. Once I get the tranny fixed I believe this car should be great.

unreliable

by joel from roseville, ca | May 31, 2013

bought this car new in 2009. lots of problems, carbon buildup in engin, chain and chain guard replacment... very expensive to maintain. stay away

4 years/50,000 Miles

by 2nd Car a Porsche from NJ | May 4, 2013

Owned over 4 years. Totally satisfied with performance and economy. Only brought in shop for free oil changes during 3 year free maintenance. Only complaints, Conti tires got noisy by 35,000 miles. Replaced with Michelins and quiet is back. Replaced all rear light bulbs. Easy to do but strange in that replacement bulbs don't burn out like original ones did. (I see new CCs have LEDs so appears that issue goes away). Premium fuel recommended for turbo but runs fine on mid grade (89 octane). Enjoy it every time I get in it. Just have to watch the speedo. Has a tendency to run fast and very quiet.

Almost perfect

by Cam from Portland, OR | November 25, 2012

You already know about the great looks inside and out. It has a responsive, strong quiet engine, positive solid shifter, and good-feeling, quick steering. This car is a delight to drive. No problems in 20,000 miles. The trunk is huge and rear seats fold down. The negatives: obtrusive, tiring, road noise on the highway, at least with original tires. The roof is low, so entry and exit are difficult unless you're young and limber, which we're not.

Bang for the Buck!

by CoolCar from NJ | August 15, 2012

I've had my VW CC for almost a year now and thus far I am very satisfied with it. Great entry level luxury/sport sedan with a nice balance between price point, style and options. My only complaints have been the following: The ergonomics could have been thought out better. Window side air diffusers don't make it to the driver (as in won't point that far over); faux leather interior really holds the heat on a summer day; silver dashboard trim can blind the driver on a bright day. As a sports sedan I expect comfort/ride to be sacrificed to a certain point, but with the combination of low profile tires, the ride is really tough. Acceleration is nice at the lower speeds, but is almost non-existent at highway speeds. Pros: styling, performance, price Cons: ergonomics, inconsistent acceleration, comfort

I would own two, but one is Perfect enough!

by New VW Owner from Ewa Beach, HI | August 9, 2012

Great car, and a great deal. I really would own another and just may when it comes time to purchase another vehicle. I had a great experience with the dealership also. Just a fantastic experience all the way around.

Very comfortable drive and great on gas and nice

by RBOO from Philadelphia | June 5, 2012

This is the best car I have ever own the ride a great for a sport car very comfortable (Comfort coupe) and turn a ot of heads. As of yet I had no problem and with it a 4 cyclinder it is very fast. VW did this hing right

Form over function

by Cyclist Chich from Orlando, FL | April 23, 2012

Great lines; solid feel, comfortable ergonomics; good pickup. The disappointment was that it was tough to transport bikes. Thule doesn't make a trunk rack for the CC. VW recommonds a roof rack, which I didn't want and which would have run $750. I finally had to get a hitch installed and found a Saris, 26-pound, 3-bike rack that keeps the bikes from touching. Total cost for hitch and rack was about $550 - a lot when I thought I could have just gotten a trunk rack for $150ish.

Best luxurious car for its price

by Cc from Ny, ny | March 29, 2012

Best luxury car/sporty car for its money. As soon as I saw it i fell in love with it exterior styling and then once i hopped in it i knew I had to have it. The interior must be top in its class. It has the interior of a $80,000 car. The beige and black two tone seats are the nicest I seen. I always get compliments on it everywhere I go. When I saw I knew I had to get it but It still had to pass the performance test for me. I got the 4 cylinder turbo charged version. The pick up on it is amazing, you can feel the turbo as soon as you step down on the gas. I do however wish you could hear the turbo more. It is also so quiet when the windows are up and super smooth. Overall I love this car and still feel excited everyday to drive it.

Featured Services for this Volkswagen CC