2013 Volkswagen CC
Starting MSRP $30,545–$41,835
Volkswagen's sleek four-door CC receives a host of updates for the 2013 model year. Its new front and rear styling gives the car a stronger family resemblance to its Jetta and Passat siblings, and it's more practical as it goes from a four-seat to a five-seat layout with a new three-place rear bench seat. It hits dealerships in spring 2012, and competitors include the Acura TSX, Nissan Maxima and Buick Regal.
The 2013 CC retains its coupe-like profile, which is one of its signature visual features, but the front and rear of the car have an all-new look. Newly standard bi-xenon high-intensity-discharge headlights are enclosed in new surrounds, and the grille and front bumper have a more horizontal, angular appearance that closely resembles the look of Volkswagen's Passat family sedan. LED daytime running lights are optional.
In back, new rectangular LED taillights emphasize the car's wide, low stance. There's also a new range of 17- and 18-inch alloy wheels.
The R-Line version of the CC will be offered later in 2012. It has a number of unique exterior cues like extended sport bumpers and darkened taillights. Additional exterior features include:
- Standard rain-sensing windshield wipers
- Standard dual exhaust tips
- Optional adaptive headlights
- Optional power moonroof
- Optional headlight washers with heated nozzles
The biggest difference in the 2013 CC's cabin is the new seating layout, which should make the car more attractive to families, especially those with kids in child-safety seats who prefer to install them in the middle of the backseat — something that wasn't possible in the prior CC.
Standard features include sport seats, a multifunction steering wheel, air conditioning, power-adjustable heated front seats, simulated leather upholstery and Bluetooth connectivity. A touch-screen six-CD stereo with HD Radio and iPod connectivity is also standard. Additional interior features include:
- Optional ventilated front seats
- Optional memory feature for the driver's seat
- Optional massaging driver's seat
- Optional Dynaudio premium stereo
- Optional navigation system
- Optional brushed-aluminum trim
- Optional ambient lighting
- Optional power rear sunshade
Under the Hood
The CC's available drivetrains carry over mostly unchanged. Volkswagen's workhorse 200-horsepower, turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder is standard and the brand's 280-hp, 3.6-liter narrow-angle V-6 is optional. Mechanical features include:
- Six-speed manual or six-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission (four-cylinder)
- Six-speed automatic transmission (V-6)
- Four-cylinder models gain Volkswagen's XDS limited-slip differential, which uses sensors to detect wheel slippage and transfer torque to the wheel with the most traction
- Front- or all-wheel drive
Safety features include:
- Standard antilock brakes
- Standard electronic stability system
- Standard side-impact airbags for the front seats
- Standard side curtain airbags
- Optional backup camera
- Optional front and rear parking sensors
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Volkswagen CC
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.