2007 Volkswagen Eos

Available in 3 styles:  2007 Volkswagen Eos 2dr Convertible shown

Overall

Safe and great on gas

by Picky mama from Madisonville, KY | September 13, 2014

We bought this car for our 16 yr old daughter. Very pleased with performance, safety features and gas mileage! She's petite and this car suits her size well. My husband however is 6'3" and has a difficult time riding in this car. Very stylish car with a great water drainage system to protect from leaks that can be a problem with convertibles.

Love this car!

by krf747 from Wilmington, DE | January 24, 2013

I've owned multiple convertibles, but this is my favorite by far. Love the hard top in the winter! Not as noisy as my previous rag tops. This car has been very reliable and has great pick up. Good trunk size for a convertible. Gets great mileage.

I got a lemon with this one.

by Convertible lover from Chicago | November 18, 2012

I bought this car used 2 years ago and have had trouble with it ever since. I have had to repair the roof twice and have had various electrical problems intermittently such as operating the trunk release, hearing the trunk unlock, and then lock again before I could walk back there. Cruise control would work sometimes and other times wouldn't even come on. The main issue was that the car burned oil. The oil light came on and when we checked the oil, it didn't even register on the dipstick. We added 3 quarts. I took it to the dealer where we performed an oil consumption test and the car used 2 quarts in 600 miles! The dealer replaced the piston rings, but it still used 1 quart every 600 miles. Sometimes when I accelerated, the car would stutter and expel smoke from the exhaust. I was very disappointed. I bought this car because of the convertible top that also has a sunroof. I loved that part of it, but I needed a car that was more dependable.

Favorite Car I've Ever Owned

by Convertibles for Life from Dallas, TX | July 19, 2011

I just bought an eos this year and I love it!! I have had convertibles for over 30 years and this is the best one ever. The hard top is great and it even has a sunroof for when you want some air but don't want to put the top down. I have a 6 speed and it shifts great and drives really smooth. I would highly recommend the eos to anyone.

2007 Volkswagen EOS

by Mom of 16 year old daughter from Knoxville | May 17, 2011

We have had the car now for about 3 months and my daughter loved it from the first time she laid eyes on it. It drives very well. It is a safe reliable car and looks very good too. We are very happy with this car and I am very glad I went to Cars.com to look for this car. I would recommend Cars.com to anyone looking for a good used car and I would also say to make sure and do your homework.

Fun, confort, looks, and gas millage is great

by EOS gal from Hampton, SC | May 2, 2011

I would defiantly recommend this car to anyone!! Awesome on every way!! Low insurance, great gas millage has 3 tops... Hardtop, panorama sunroof and convertible... All in one car....just love my car!!

Not up to par

by John & Jenny from MPLS, MN | January 10, 2011

My wife bought an 2007 Eos with with 2,000 miles and we just traded it in with 90,000 miles. She traveled alot for work.. For the most part she really loved it. This is a great car for a women not so much for a man. The gas and brake pettle happen to be a little to close and found my self having issues with that. Very uncomfortable seats they are just really on the firm side and don't give you much comfort on long rides. The biggest disappoinment is the reliability with this car. I can't even count how many times it was in the shop for repairs.. Transmission, convertable top, air condtioner, engine.. ect.ect.. The navagation would just turn off and reset, and sometimes it wouldn't even work. The lastest problem was a thumping sound from the drivetrain under acceleration. VW couldn't find the problem, but wanted $500 to gresse things up and try to cover it up. Also the motor was consuming 3 quarts of oil every 5,000 miles. The good things about the car is the transmision shifts very crisp, and gives it a sporty feel. The MPG was very good, 31 mpg or so on the highway. We had this car in minnesota and we installed winter tires and it drove pretty good in the snow. Overall its a fun little car, but because of the problems with this car we will never buy another VW again.

3.2L is a race car!!

by bobka83 from Massachusetts | December 17, 2010

first of all the only thing I wasn't too happy about is that the front seats didn't recline more. Long road trips wasn't as comfortable especially for the passengers trying to sleep. Other than that, well, where do I start? Mine happened to be a 3.2L V6, therefore I was never short on power. Those situations where you suddenly have to pass a vehicle on the highway was no sweat. It's basically a race car that is also a hard-top convertible!!!! I test drove the 2.0T prior to purchasing my 3.2L, and I tell ya. What a difference!! 3.2L is worth every penny more. With all the bells and whistles that this car has I thought there were more electronics than mechanical parts. Rain sensing windshield wipers, auto climate control, adaptive xenon headlights, navigation, auto dimming mirrors, heated seats, and on and on. It even looks like a transformer robot machine with the whole roof mechanism folding/unfolding out of the trunk. Surprised it doesn't drive by it self. I love it!

a fun car

by LarryB from Owatonna, MN | November 29, 2010

primarily purchased as a fun car; good highway mileage (28-33 mpg); town mileage suffers due to turbo charge (18-25 mpg)

More time in shop than driving

by Ex-VW enthusiast from Minnetrista | October 3, 2010

I bought a used 2007 EOS. Had it for 2 months. Luckily my husband checked oil. Didn't even register on dip stick. Also had it in dealership 2xs for Covertible top issues. Trunk latch problem. Luckily the dealer re-purchsed it from me and sold me another 2007 EOS. This one not much better uses oil although not as bad. In shop over 5 weeks now. The hydrolic top malfunctions. Had it replaced. Wouldn't close properly again. Turns out there is 2 hydrolics and the 2nd one needed replacing too. I am very afraid to own this past the warranty. Too bad because I love driving the car (when it works) It has nice handling, very sporty fun little car. Front seat not very comfortable for me. I am 5' 2" and the seat cuts into my calves. Which is strange because my Toureg and Bettle didn't. I waited 2 years to buy one and am very disappointed in the reliability. I also have a V6 Toureg that has a transmission proble. Before that I had a Beetle. I loved the Beetle & had no problems. The Toureg had a few minor issues until it hit 70,000 miles than things went bad & expensive. No Warranty and VW won't admit problem to Toureg transmission problem. Lots of documentation of this issue on Internet went Toureg and other models.

Featured Services for this Volkswagen Eos