2009 Volkswagen Eos

Available in 2 styles:  2009 Volkswagen Eos 2dr Convertible shown

Overall

Fun car for Florida

by Bob from Sarasota, FL | July 6, 2014

We have only owned this car for a few weeks, but are already impressed with the 4 cylinder turbo. Good gas mileage and performance. Wanted a hard top convertible that was reasonably priced for a fun car, and it fills the bill with good looks too.

best car by value luxury performance and handling.

by erioni from sheboygan wi | March 23, 2014

I buy a used volsvwagen eos convertible, and I love it. It has everything a luxury car must have expect the pricing was dirt cheap for what I buy. I thank the salesperson Miki Kadric for his recomendation, honesty, his insistance to make his client happy. I recommend for every customer, first find a salesperson that will deal with you honestly, and the rest will come naturally. If you need a vehicle that you will fall in love with please see Miki Kadric or visit autobarn city in chicago.

perfect florida car

by herbiejack from pompano beach , FL | February 9, 2013

wanted a 4 passenger convertible. this one has that plus a hard top plus a sun roof. 2.0 turbo gets great gas mileage and is powerful enough for expressway highspeed driving. love this car!

What a Blast

by FunNtheSun from Park City, Utah | September 1, 2012

The VW Eos is an incredible combination of the fuel economy of a small coupe, the stylish appeal of a convertible, and the sporty acceleration of a sports car. Great German engineering, outstanding features, with the cool, one button transition to outdoor styling. I am so happy, I can't believe it. I own the Lux model with a beautifully appointed interior, rocking stereo, and the same 2.0L turbo used in the Audi TT. Great car! Super fun!

VW EOS an excellent value

by Don A. from Suburban Chicago | July 16, 2012

Just bought this car and I am very happy with it. The car is solid with minimal wind noise. The hardtop/convertible operation is a engineering marvel. The top appears or disappears within 25 seconds. We use the sunroof as well. The interior is as deluxe as the Audi I owned and better than the Z4 I had before this. If you are looking for a comfortable, fun and nice handling car this is the one for you.

Problem Child

by Unhappy Eos Owner from | November 13, 2011

I am currently the owner of a 2008 Eos. My car and I have a love hate relationship as I have had nothing but problems with the car since I have owned it. My problems run from major water leaks, to transmission issues and problems with the auto windows. Every time it takes a visit to the garage, its ends up staying there for at least two weeks at a time. One visit it was held up in the shop for over a month and a half. So to say that the garage has it more than I do is an understatement. I do not like the DSG transmission either. It is rough, jerky, slips and does not shift correctly at all. My partner has a GTI with a DSG tranny and it does not act like Eos's at all. Also, if you live in a cold climate like I do, you better have a garage to keep the Eos in because trust me you will have issues with the auto windows and water leaks. I have done a lot of research and I have found that many people are experiencing the same issues. Beware that my co-worker's husband is a mechanic for VW and he has informed me that they all leak. Oh and the sunroof is a great idea in theory, however, it is extremely noisy at highway speeds. My suggestion is if you are considering this car is to run and look at something else!

Contradiction.

by RDNW Customs from NJ | July 27, 2011

My family has owned American and European cars my whole life. Mainly German, being VWs. My mom bought this new back when it came out with the new model year. The Eos, is a cool car. Looks are not the best, hence why I would not buy it, I think i would be able to say the same as a lot other guys my age and interests. The roof, REAL German engineering. sunroof, and convertible. Awesome. Interior is comfortable, with heated seats and all. The downfall of course is the rear seating... being around 6 foot and 200 pounds, its not the most comfortable. good safety features i should add too. The BIG downfall. My mom purchased the Eos in Auto transmission, something i would not do, but of course depends on the driver. The shifting is horrible. and for a German car, a VW is i must say, kind of... pathetic. the get up is sluggish, at a few points, almost caused the car to be totaled at intersections. the tiptronic however, makes the acceleration a lot greater. BUT keep in mind, when my mom was looking for a new car, me being the car man of the family, she brought me along. and this was the decision between the C70, mainly narrowed out because of the huge price tag. and against a BMW, the model i dont remember. but the rear seats had no room and was not comfortable. In the end, the STANDARD gearbox in the Eos, would make this car all the bit better between the other problems this car has

DEFECTIVE TRANSMISSION

by BOCA LEN from Boca Raton, FL | November 15, 2010

I bought my 2009 EOS new and the DSG transmission blew out at 1400 miles. Little did I know but the transmission was replaced with another defective unit VW called "refurbished". Well, at 10,000 miles that transmission again blew out. Rather than replace the transmissions with a new one they put in a previously defective one. And, now the second time around they are putting in another formerly defective unit rather than a new unit for a new car. I cannot wait for the 3rd failure so I can then lemon law the car. I think that anyone choosing to purchase a car with a DSG transmission needs to think twice about it. I wonder if VW is covering up the occurrence of massive transmission failures by "cheerfully" replacing the defective units with another refurbished defective unit. While it will not cost you anything the hazard and danger of transmission failure and the overall hassle is not worth it. There are plenty of other much more reliable models on the market.

Practical Yet Fun to Drive Convertible

by Convertible Kid from Phila, PA | April 10, 2010

The 2009 EOS is the best bang for your buck when looking at a convertible. It boasts a hard top with a sunroof which makes it a great car when you want to feel the outside. Gets good gas mileage however it is sluggish on acceleration...a slight downer. For an east coast guy, it has front wheel drive so it can be a winter car, too. All in all, a fun car to drive.

Great Car the EOS

by Htexbb from Spring Hill, FL | August 5, 2009

I have had my EOS about a week and I love it! I don't know that it is the greatest on gas but I don't care. I am in my 4th tank of gas. It is such a cool fun car to drive. People think its a very classy auto. And to think I wanted the Solstice!!!!! This is an amazing auto.

Featured Services for this Volkswagen Eos