The Eos is a four-seat hardtop convertible, and it occupies a small niche in the car market. It's sold in Komfort and Lux trim levels; competitors include the Pontiac G6 and Volvo C70.
New for 2009
The 2009 Volkswagen Eos drops its optional V-6.
The Eos has a clean, sporty look with design cues similar to those on the Jetta. VW says the power hardtop's operation takes about 25 seconds.
The Eos is 173.5 inches long and 70.5 inches wide, which is smaller than its competitors.
- Available 16- or 17-inch wheels
- Standard daytime running lights
- Standard power heated mirrors with integrated turn signals
- Standard heated washer fluid
- Optional xenon headlights
- Optional adaptive headlights that swivel in the direction of turns
- Automatic wipers (Lux)
The Eos offers VW's storied interior design and materials. A relatively low windshield is said to grant an exceptional open-air feeling, even for front occupants. The power front seats are designed to motor forward to enable backseat access and then return to their original position.
The Eos has 77 cubic feet of passenger space, and the maximum cargo volume is 10.5 cu. ft. Typical of retractable hardtops, the Eos loses trunk capacity when the top is down, but it has a pass-thru to the cabin, which remains a rare feature in convertibles.
- Available leatherette and leather upholstery
- Standard leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Standard heated seats
- Standard power window and locks
- Optional 600-watt, 10-speaker audio system
- Optional navigation unit
Under the Hood
The V-6 engine has been dropped.
- 200-horsepower, turbocharged 2.0-liter inline-four-cylinder with 207 pounds-feet of torque
- Available six-speed manual or automatic transmission
- Front-wheel drive
The side-impact airbags in the Eos deploy from the front seats and are designed to protect occupants' heads in the absence of roof-mounted side curtain airbags, which can't be installed in a convertible.
- Standard side-impact airbags
- Standard rollover protection system with built-in antiroll bar
- Standard antilock braking system and traction control
- Standard electronic stability control
- Standard alarm system
- Optional rear parking sonar
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2009 Volkswagen Eos.
Asking Price Range
Asking Price Range