The Eos is a four-seat hardtop convertible, and it occupies a small niche in the car market. It's sold in Komfort and Lux trim levels.
New for 2010
Both models get a new leather-wrapped steering wheel (with standard multifunction controls) and instrument cluster, standard Bluetooth and a touch-screen Premium VIII radio.
The Eos has a clean, sporty look with design cues similar to those on the Jetta. VW says the power hardtop's operation takes about 25 seconds.
- Available 16-, 17- or 18-inch wheels
- Standard daytime running lights
- Standard power heated mirrors with integrated turn signals
- Standard heated washer fluid
- Optional xenon headlights
- Optional adaptive headlights that swivel in the direction of turns
- Optional automatic wipers
The Eos offers VW's storied interior design and materials. A relatively low windshield grants an exceptional open-air feeling, even for front occupants. The power front seats are designed to motor forward to enable backseat access and then return to their original position.
Typical of retractable hardtops, the Eos loses trunk capacity when the top is down, but it has a pass-through to the cabin, which remains a rare feature in convertibles.
- Available simulated leather and leather upholstery
- Standard leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Standard heated seats
- Standard power windows and locks
- Standard Bluetooth
- Optional 600-watt 10-speaker audio system
- Optional navigation unit
- Multimedia interface now a standalone option
Under the Hood
The Eos uses the same turbocharged engine as several other VW and Audi models.
- 200-horsepower, turbocharged 2.0-liter inline-four-cylinder with 207 pounds-feet of torque
- Six-speed manual or automatic transmission
- Front-wheel drive
Side-impact airbags in the Eos deploy from the front seats and are designed to protect occupants' heads in the absence of roof-mounted side curtain airbags, which can't be installed in a convertible's roof.
- Standard side-impact airbags
- Standard rollover protection system
- Standard antilock braking system and traction control
- Standard electronic stability control
- Standard alarm system
- Optional rear parking sensors