2012 Volkswagen Eos

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Fun car to drive

by J L Stolm from RTP, NC | May 20, 2014

I bought a demo Eos 2012 about a year and a half ago, yes, the engine is a bit sparse at low speeds, however Sports mode (or manual shifting) can easily correct this issue. And yes, the backseat is small, and your luggage space is restricted (especially when the top is down), but I think you will find these issues with most convertibles. Overall, the car has been great. Unlike my 2000 Jetta GLX, my 2012 Eos has had no problems. Would highly recommend, it's a great commuter car that doubles as a car that is fun to drive on beach or in the mountains (well, maybe not in winter).

Gum drop gone wrong

by Drive the Driver from | November 25, 2013

The Eos is just there! I love the sporty exterior and the top, but it suffers from serious issues. It is very very small. The 2.0TSI is the little engine that couldn't! It is great though, however the engine has a huge appetite for a 4 cylinder. The convertible is heavy, so it has a great pick up, but is very slow from a stop. The tires handle great though, and the brakes do a good job stopping (although they wear out around 25k). The boot around the shifter fell in, and the towing cable cover magically falls off. For a $35k convertible, auto headlights should be standard. Watch for curbs and driveways and wheel blocks, the front bumper scrapes a lot!

Nice ride

by Greta from | October 30, 2013

I searched for about six months for a 2012 VW EOS that was in excellent condition, the right color and low miles at a good price. I finally found it and purchased it about 3 weeks ago. I wanted a hard top convertible and VW has all the things I wanted in one without the inflated price tag.. LOVE my car!!!

Only hardtop/sunroof/convertible made

by EOS Lover from Philadelphia-area | October 2, 2013

I'm enjoying my EOS more than I could have imagined. The overall look and performance are definitely worth a look.

Still in love after first year...

by WeeeeEos from Columbus, OH | July 26, 2012

Well, it has been a little over a year since I picked up my 2012 Eos Executive. I can't be happier. No issues at all. The top has worked flawlessly every time (for those that are concerned). The car is comfortable, gets great gas mileage, looks great with the top up or down. Love the LED DRL on the Exec model - they always get looks - as well as putting the top up or down. iPod/iPhone integration, Sirius Radio, HD FM, SD card, and built-in hard drive gives me more music choices in my car than at home. The seats are extremely comfortable (highly adjustable). Some complain about the truck space. I can get 2 normal suitcases (not the huge ones) in there no problem. Yeah, you can't lower the top while they are in there but heck - your going to the airport! Also got the really big suitcase in there with room for a duffle bag or computer bag. No, it's not a 5 body trunk but, there's room. It works. I previously owned a Miata for years. It was relegated to my "occasional drive only in good weather" car. Not the EOS. It's my everyday car winter or summer. Compared to the other choices in the hard top convertible market, this is the one for me. There are a few cheaper and several more expensive models out there. This fits nicely in the middle. Lots of features, good looks, and not too expensive.

Love my Eos

by Ru565112 from Harrisonburg, Virginia | June 25, 2012

I love my Eos. I just purchased it a couple of weeks ago, so I cannot speak about the reliability very much - but the look and feel is amazing. I couldn't be happier with my new car. Definitely a smart buy. I would do it again!

Fun, Fun, Fun

by Happy Eos Owner from St. Louis Park, MN | June 20, 2012

Could not be happier; ease of the hard top/convertible is amazing! Best car I have ever owned, didn't think anything could beat my previous import, but it has exceeded all expectations.

looooovvvvveeee

by myvdubeos from Wilmington MA | May 29, 2012

love the ease of use w/ the hard top.... by far my favorite feature on this car. previous vw owner so i am partial to the brand.

Great Car

by Eos Lover from Chicago, IL | May 2, 2012

Covertible with a sunroof- the best of both worlds. Just got rid of an electronically challenged Volvo C70 and now in a car that is electronics on steroids. And, great mileage. The design could be a little more exciting but, so far, it's a great car.

Excellant car and lots of fun

by EOS fan from Bridgeport, WV | March 27, 2012

This is my second EOS in two years. I loved my first EOS a 2010 model and only traded it for my 2012 model because I wanted a red one. This car is really fun to drive and I notice a lot of people looking at it. It performs really well and is not bad on gas.