The front-wheel-drive four-seat Eos retractable-hardtop convertible comes standard with Volkswagen's turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine and a six-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission. Competitors include convertible versions of the Mini Cooper S and BMW 128i.
New for 2013
Volkswagen adds a new Sport trim to the Eos lineup. It includes 18-inch alloy wheels, a lowered sport suspension, bi-xenon high-intensity-discharge headlights with LED daytime running lights, a rear spoiler, black side mirrors, stainless-steel pedals and black interior trim. The Lux model also gets a sport suspension, and the Executive version adds a backup camera.
Changes last year to the nose and tail gave the Eos a more assertive look. The front bumper cleanly separates the upper grille from the lower air dam.
Volkswagen says the Eos' five-piece hardtop folds in just 25 seconds. The top includes a power moonroof, which can open independently. With the top down, a small wind deflector deploys above the windshield. Exterior features include:
- Standard 17-inch alloy wheels; 18-inch wheels available
- Power heated side mirrors with integrated turn signals
- Dual exhaust tips
- LED taillights
Redesigned controls — both along the steering wheel and center dashboard — differentiate the 2012 and 2013 Eos from earlier years. Chrome-flecked switches now operate the windows and headlights. Apart from that, the cabin carries the same conservative styling and upscale materials as before. Interior features include:
- Leather-wrapped multifunction steering wheel
- Dual-zone climate control
- Cruise control
- Touch-screen six-CD stereo with Bluetooth audio streaming and iPod connectivity
- Heated front seats
- Available touch-screen navigation system
Under the Hood
The Eos is powered by a 200-horsepower, turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine that makes 207 pounds-feet of torque. A six-speed dual-clutch automatic is the lone transmission. Mechanical features include:
- Engine prefers premium gas
- Four-wheel independent suspension
- Electrically assisted power steering
Safety features include:
- Side-impact airbags for the front seats
- Antilock brakes
- Electronic stability system
- Pop-up roll bars
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2013 Volkswagen Eos.