2000 Volkswagen Golf

2000 Volkswagen Golf

Available in 5 styles:  2000 Volkswagen Golf 2dr Hatchback shown

Overall

German engineering at a fraction of the cost

by Ellen from Hanover, NJ | November 30, 2011

Love it! It's tons of fun, has a nice amount of cargo room. Handles great compared to other cars of this class.

Very good car

by Carsenthu from | January 14, 2011

liked everything about it. Very reliable. I have had a vw golf for around 5 years now and loved it. I replaced the brakes once but i bought the car used and other than that there have been no other problems.

Most features i have ever had

by Practical from Downingtown PA | October 9, 2009

I always buy an economy car with a stick shift for maximum gas mileage. I average 26mpg. I alwasy keep my caar 10/12 years for maximum use and economy. Worst feature is poor heater; especially on legs of driver; really bad (and cold).

VW's are a waste of time and money

by NY lady from Canandaigua NY | March 11, 2009

Husbands father bought this car new... Car ALWAYS seems to have a problem and its never a simple or cheap problem Especially the transmission (automatic) and its wiring thats had the car in the shop more than in our driveway What a piece of junk..we are sellin it as fast as we can unload it..

most lovley car I've owned

by hanna from | November 21, 2008

it's realy a nice car , with high level of stability and confort , with high performence.

Most reliable car I have owned

by schnoedel from Portland, ME | December 12, 2006

I have owned a Golf for 6 years and it never let me down. Seems that some people have bad experiences, but mine always works just fine! Maybe because it was built and assembled in Germany. Awesome, safe, fun car!!!

Love/Hate

by Daniel from Boston, MA | August 4, 2006

I have a 2000 Golf GLS. I'm the second owner. I love it but it has been a lot of headaches. It looks hot and is fun to drive, but it has had a lot of problems. The rear breaks have gone twice. The front window glass mounts keep breaking, and the car goes through oil like crazy, and that's after having the engine seals replaced. My advice, don't by a VW.

Quite a Disappointment, actually

by Polar Bear from Toronto, Ontario | July 25, 2006

This is my 4th golf..my old ones (86, 89 and 90) have never let me down! Now that I've moved on to the 2000, it's nothing BUT problems. -2002: replaced 2 oxygen sensors, catalytic converter -2003:replaced 1 oxygen sensor, water pump -2004: door sensor went (can't find it to replace, rear wiper fluid broke, -2005: leaking coolant-can't figure out from where. -2006: blown head gasket, blown fuel injector, spark plug blew out of head (was in tight), replaced yet another Oxygen sensor, blown catalytic converter-yes--again! Not to mention the hundreds of light bulbs that burn out...at least one every 2 months, the cup holder has been replaced 2x (very chinsy), the seat material wears poorly..should I continue? I am very disappointed in this car and Volkswagen to produce such a "hokey" car. I absolutely loved my old ones and now, from experiencing the 2000, will never by a VW again. My childhood dreams have been crushed!

Featured Services for this Volkswagen Golf