2010 Volkswagen Golf

Available in 4 styles:  2010 Volkswagen Golf 2dr Hatchback shown

Overall

All the above

by Torque junky from Los Angeles, CA | February 20, 2014

If you want a car for the long haul TDI's are the cats pajamas. Opt for 4 doors, DSG transmission, sunroof and the dynaudio setup and you're looking at THE most functional vehicle you could ever ask for. Durable diesel engine, great MPG, reasonable maintenance cost, high resale value, luxurious interior/exterior/ride quality, solid acceleration, great handling, seats 5, fold down rear seats and you'll be moved out of your dorm room in one haul, open sun roof for sunny days, drive safely through poor weather, tow small trailers or attach bike rack, Fold down seats and fit two bikes inside the car. You name it the TDI does it. Golfs are the best looking IMO

Best Fuel Consumption Vehicle with 'guts'

by Narwahl from | September 22, 2012

I said goodbye to my Subaru Outback, and wanted a car that could do the light duty towing I have grown dependent upon. Although towing is important, I use this car primarily for work, so fuel efficiency is job #1, and I did not want a truck or SUV, just so I can safely and legally tow. I went for the TDI for it's excellent Torque, and the fact that diesel's like to tow. This car's fuel efficiency speaks for itself, and although I cannot get the 50 MPG that others boast, I routinely get 42 in mixed highway and city. For icing on the cake, this car feels very quality and has excellent styling and comfort. I absolutely love it. Haven't had it long enough to tell you much about reliability, but nothing to note after 36,000.

great multi purpose car

by canadian shopper from gainesville FL | July 18, 2012

Easy to handle and fun to drive - great little car to pack your gear for a trip to the beach or a run in the park with your dog. was worth the wait

TDI Fuelsipper...

by Family Man from Vero Beach, Florida | June 23, 2012

I have owned this fully loaded car since buying it new in June 2010. At 6'2" I am the primary driver. We are a family of four with two boys 11 and 13. Our other car is a 2008 Suburban (awesome, but thirsty). The Golf TDI fits all of us comfortably on long and short trips. I opted for the 2-door and it is no hassle for the boys to get in and out the back. The front seats are very comfortable, with side bolsters that keep you snug when cornering! This car is a blast to drive. The turbo engine allows you to accelerate quickly past other vehicles. Mine has the DSG auto transmission and optional paddle shifters on the steering wheel. Although the normal mode is plenty quick, it also has a Sport mode which gives you even more speed (highly recommend). Though you'll pay more for diesel fuel, the mpg (combined with the fun-to-drive factor) is worth it. I have a 70-30 mix of city - highway driving and average 39 mpg per tank. If I drive highway only, it will get 42-44 mpg consistently. It won't get the 48-50mpg of a Prius, but I don't care. Driving a Prius is just not fun. Mine is decked out with bluetooth, navigation and the Dynaudio sound system. Three options well worth the extra $ IMO. I have had no reliability issues to date. Today I test drove the Chevy Volt and they offered a nice lease deal. It too is a great car packed with technology, and more fun than the Prius, but to purchase one, the price is steep. It also lacks the addicting turbo feel. I'll stick with the TDI for a while longer.

Fun to drive

by Boss-Face from Austin, TX. | November 18, 2011

Agile, loves the turns, great MFI system, cool color, great milage, good stereo system, quick defrost time.

Soo Good on Gas

by Daily Driver from Chicago, IL | March 7, 2011

This is one of the most solid cars I have ever driven. It feels like you're driving a much more expensive car than it is. Amazing on gas yet it doesn't compromise on power since it is turbo charged.

This is a great not-too-big car

by Ron from Central NJ | February 15, 2011

Perfect combination of size, utility, fun to drive, economy and comfort. Price is not out of reach for the segment if you don't crave a lot of goodies to add on.

Great Car

by New VW Fan from Irving, TX | November 2, 2010

It's simply everything I hoped to find. It's roomy, comfortable, and gets great mileage. I also love the design.

Love it

by TDI fan from McDonough, GA | August 5, 2010

This is a great car. It has everything that I wanted in a car. It handles great, and has tons of torque, which I find more useful than horsepower. The clutch is easy to use and get used to. The fuel economy is great, even when I drive the car hard. I have gotten 43mpg, city and highway combined when I drive it softly, but usually, I get about 38mpg. I am also new to diesels, but I barely notice that it's a diesel. The turbo kicks in at just under 2000rpm, so the power is there when you need it. You don't even have to downshift go up hills or make passes as long as you are above 1750rpm or so. I hope to keep this car past 250,000 miles since diesels usually last longer. If you are considering this vs. hybrids, go for the TDI if you enjoy driving. If you don't care about the driving experience and all you want is good mpg's, then I would go for a hybrid.

Amazing car

by VW TDI Fan from Washington, DC | August 2, 2010

Bought a 2010 4 door VW Golf TDI after looking for one with the bells and whistles we were interested in. We are absolutely thrilled with the car and would highly recommend to anyone looking for a fuel efficient, sharp, and remarkably sporty little car. Well done VW!

Featured Services for this Volkswagen Golf