2015 Volkswagen Golf

Starting MSRP

Overall

ILuvMy2015Golf

by ILuvMyGolf from Albany, NY | June 18, 2015

After test driving various affordable small cars with good ratings, we drove the 2015 VW Golf. There was no going back. It was the only car my husband and I agreed upon; I had to have one! Nothing could compare with the quality, class, design and performance that this car had. We appreciated the classy and subtle look of the car that very few vehicles can achieve - especially at that price range. The safety ratings were the highest in its class-a perfect 10. We purchased the TSI S w/Sunroof and manual transmission. The automatic transmission was excellent; we just like to have that extra connection with the vehicle. This car handles extremely well; it is very smooth and solid- even for highway driving which was a very pleasant surprise. I never thought a small vehicle could feel that secure at highway speeds. I look forward to many years of enjoying our VW Golf!

Excellent Diesel Car.

by Pappu from Vernon Hills IL | May 29, 2015

I have recently bought this car as my second car from VW. I also have 2015 Passat. This car is really amazing. So far I have 4500miles on the car. its giving me around 48-53 hwy and 38-39 on local. Excellent power and handling. I was drove from Chicago-Connecticut. I didn't feel any pain or tiredness. Wonderful car!!!. New MQB Chassis is rocking. You get good traction and great control.

2015 Golf TDI

by TDI Guy from Saint Paul, MN | April 29, 2015

Maybe it is to early to review my new car, as I have only had it for 3 weeks... Handles like no other VW I have ever owned. SOLID! The cabin is really quiet relative to other VW's I've owned. Big improvement. I have 1,500 miles on it and am averaging 49.5 MPG. I do about 75% highway driving.

Hated to give up my old Jetta

by old woman, with a young car from | March 11, 2015

My Jetta had 190,000 miles on it, and it was starting to get unreliable. I hated to give it up. I hadn't heard hood things about the new Jetta, but then I discovered the Golf. I love it because it has the same feel as my Jetta, same power when merging on uphill ramps, plus it is a hatchback. Cool!. The car seems a little lighter, which i don't really like, but I suppose it's what allowed me to average over 40 MPG on the freeway. Great car.

Golf's New Generation is a Winner

by V-Dub from Wilmington, NC | December 23, 2014

2015 VW Golf TSI SEL The SEL is Golf's top of line. Features that we love include Keyless entry and start, Automatic Headlights, Touch Screen infotainment system, Heated seats and mirrors, Bluetooth and Navigation. The 1.8 liter Turbo engine provides plenty of pick up from complete stop (although there is a little pedal lag, you adjust to it quickly) and quick acceleration to pass. Transmission does include a Sport Mode as well as paddle shifters, but we live in a relatively flat area and I haven't had to use those features yet. After a month of mixed driving our gas mileage is right in line with the advertised overall 29MPG and we averaged 36 MPG on our first highway trip. Ride is smooth and quiet. Ample cabin room for a compact hatch with more than adequate "trunk" space (the loading floor can even be lowered to allow for additional room). 60/40 split folding rear seats are roomy for two and feature a rear seat pass through hiding behind a drop down console with cup holders. All interior trim is quality, and fit and finish are excellent. Sport seats with leatherette are comfortable and seem like they will hold up. All controls are intuitive after a quick studying of the manual. Touch screen is proximity activated, bringing up the controls when it senses your hand moving toward it. Fender Audio system sounds great. Huge sunroof with both tilt and opening feature. If I nitpick there are only a few small issues: If VW is going to place the CD player in the glove box, they should make it a multi-disc changer. The sunroof shade is made of thin material instead of a solid panel. I would love a remote activated liftgate with a button on the hatch or trunk interior to automatically close it (my wife is under 5' which means she's on her tiptoes to reach the hand hold to close it), and while the GPS is more than adequate, I find I prefer my Garmin. Overall this is a great car with lots of bang for the buck. FUN to drive. I don't understand why this is not one of the best selling cars in the US. Small crossover versatility with sport car handling and ride with great mileage. There is a reason this was chosen as Motor Trend's 2015 Car of the Year!

night blue 2015 gulf TDI manual

by agatha from worcester ma | November 23, 2014

dealers will on get me an night blue gulf TDI manual 2015 in ma so I will not buy one ! They sell what they have on lot the end

A lot of car for the money

by The guy who wants everything from Boise, ID | October 19, 2014

Purchased a new 2015 Golf SEL with the 1.8TSI gasoline engine. Very sporty, quiet, and comfortable. DSG transmission is great. Car rides very quiet, but you can get some engine noise if you step on the gas (I like that). Very comfortable, though a little cramped in the back seat, I'm 6ft 4in though. Normal sized people will be very comfortable. Love the convenience access of keyless entry and start. Fender stereo is great. The car looks great and gets great mileage. Garrett Scott and Chris Pulohof took great care of me at VW Audi Boise. Definately recommend.