2003 Volkswagen GTI

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Like a go-cart on rails

by GTI Driver from San Diego, CA | July 24, 2012

Fun, fun, fun. Not the best gas mileage, but ore than makes up for that with lots of power. Styling is admittedly dated, but with a VR6, you get VW's great V6 engine, which is no longer offered. I test drove both the VR6 and the turbo, and greatly preferred the VR6.

the best overall car ive owned

by king of hatchbacks from milwaukee | November 9, 2011

self explanitory.................................................................................................

Most fun You'll ever have in a car!

by Pugs from Chicago, il | May 12, 2011

I bought my GTI new and always did the routine maintenance. The coil went bad Around 40,000 miles VW replaced under warrantee. The drivers window came off the track but was easily fixed, a few other minor problems but nothing major. The car was a pleasure to drive even on long road trips. The handling was superb and the acceleration was exceptional (occasionally when passing on 2 lane roads I would find my self doing over 100 by the time I returned to my lane. I drove the car over 100,000 miles in less than 4 years and enjoyed every minute of driving. I would still be driving it had a micro burst not planted a 100 year old maple tree firmly in the center of the car. I miss my GTI and would purchase another in a heart beat if I could find one in my price range.

Best bang for the buck!

by The Shrink from Boise, Idaho | March 5, 2011

Have owned BMW, VR6 Jetta, etc. GTI VR6 hands down the most enjoyable, reliable car I have ever owned

Good german engineering

by European car enthusiast from Carlisle, PA | October 20, 2009

i have owned two vw gti's during my life and i must say they have been the best cars i have ever owned. My first was a four door golf 1.8t. This car was a fun car to drive and very comfortable. Also they are very safe. I totalled the golf into a stone wall when i hit it at over 100 mph while racing. the car rolled in mid air and landed on all four tires again. Me and 2 other walked away from this accident unharmed. it was absoutly crazy how well the car held up in the accident. That is exactly why i bought one as my next car. they are safe cars. I thank all the VW Engineers out there for manufacturing and designing such a safe and well rounded vehicle.

Featured Services for this Volkswagen GTI