2007 Volkswagen GTI

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Best Vehicle I've ever owned

by Duchess from Los Angeles, CA | February 6, 2014

This car is so great gas, its a very cute car, and I never any issues engine wise, not to mention this car will last forever. My friends and I love my GTI, it is a fun car but its also a great everyday car as well

2007 GTI -

by VW-first timer from Wisconsin | July 8, 2013

A fun little daily driver that gets nice mileage on the highway and has the looks and performance to match. Nice styling. Interior instrument cluster was a high point - multiple displays showing mpg, average mpg, miles to empty, stereo stations, etc. Easy to drive, good shift. The 2.0T turbo really has a lot of pull and opens up nicely in 2nd and 3rd gear around 2100 rpm. Already considering upgrading the intake and ecu to get a little more pull. Definitely a fun and reliable choice. No regrets thus far. My first VW seems to be a winner.

LEMON

by lemon buyer from CHICAGO, IL | June 7, 2011

MY 2007 GTI WAS PURCHASED NEW. IT HAS LESS THAN 30,000 MILES ON IT. THE TRANSMISSION HAD TO BE COMPLETELY REPLACED LAST WEEK WHICH WAS LUCKILY STILL UNDER WARRANTY. AFTER GETTING THE CAR BACK THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON THE DEALER SAID INTAKE ROTOR MOTOR NEEDS REPLACING OVER 500 DOLLARS IN PARTS AND LABOR NOT UNDER WARRANTY. THE COMPANY SENT ME AN EXTENDED WARRANTY ON THE CAMSHAFT BECAUSE IT HAS BEEN FOUND TO WEAR OUT PREMATURELY. I BOUGHT A NEW CAR SO I WOULDN'T GET NICKEL AND DIMED, THE VOLKSWAGEN WAS A MISTAKE. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER VOLKSWAGEN EVER AGAIN. I KNOW OTHER PEOPLE THAT HAVE GOTTEN SCREWED BY THEM AS WELL AND THEY WILL NOT EVER BUY ONE AGAIN. WORD OF MOUTH WILL PREVAIL. DON'T BUY A VOLKSWAGEN!

Great Car & Blast to Drive!

by Al from Denver, CO | December 13, 2010

My primary uses for my GTI have been commuting to school and work and for having fun. This is my first car; I've been driving it for nearly a year now and it's been a blast. We've had no major problems or complaints with the car to date. So far it's been very reliable and has done what's been asked of it. Pros: -A boat load of fun to drive -Handles great around corners -Seats are very supportive and keep you in place when going through turns quickly -Launch control -Relatively good stock sound system -Virtually no turbo lag -Excellent steering wheel design Cons: -A/C and heat take a while to get hot/cold, which can be very annoying. -Transmission has to think for a second when you downshift in tiptronic and can take over a second to do so. -DSG has a very costly maintenance at 40,000 miles -Some parts of the car are cheap and rattle frequently and loudly, but it's honestly not too bad -You feel every little bump you go over due to the sport tuned suspension, but that should be known and expected if you're looking at this car Overall this is a fantastic little car. Very enjoyable to drive, great engine/transmission, great looks, and fast!

Most fun car you'll ever own

by DMartin from Kent, WA | November 18, 2010

I've owned 8 VWs in my life including 3 different GTIs and I can say, without a doubt, this is the most fun car I've ever owned. The rear independent suspension really improves handling over the MK4 platform and the interior feels worlds better than any other car even close to its class. The engine is amazingly quick and OEM turbo spool is virtually non-existent. With upgrades to hardware and software you can have a $30K supercar for the most part. My car makes over 400HP and puts a smile on my face every time I see it, get in it, and drive it!

A car for those who love to drive

by Driveexcess from MA | November 8, 2010

When you buy a car, wouldnt it make sense to get the brand that gives you everything in the standard model. I love the fact that VW has heated seats, traction control, 12 airbags, primeium floor mats, 3 way adjustable seats, xeon lights and more standard. I wanted to fall in love with the car I bought. When I drove the GTI, I did just that.

Love my 4-door GTI!!

by Nc211 from Chicago, IL | October 26, 2010

I replaced a flawless Lexus GS430 w/64k miles w/ a fully loaded 07 4door GTI, and could not be happier! I think that speaks for itself! My kids love the 4 door model "plenty of space for a family of 4", I love the fun of driving again, especially the DSG gearbox, and my wife just loves the car in general. I honestly look forward to the commutes with this marvel of a car. Build quality is very good (not a Lexus though, but not much is). No rattles (41k miles), no problems. True, you do have to keep up with the maintenance on these cars if you want longevity, but that shouldn't surprise anyone. Buying a CPO model is a fantastic way to go! Used car price with new car coverage (and reconditioning as part of CPO process). Go drive one, you'll be hooked instantly!

Pretty Happy

by kh20 from Lexington, KY | July 10, 2010

The GTI is a fun little car. I love the comparatively luxurious ride and interior, and it's fairly zippy around town. And it's handy too. I was surprised when I was able to move an 8 foot ladder in it the other day, with the hatch closed. My only disappointments are the sluggish acceleration and the gas mileage. (I'm only getting 17-19 mpg.) Not awful, but not what I expected for either. I've only had it a couple of months, but no problems yet, other than the bass on the stereo going crazy once in awile.

Great

by HotHatch from Geneva, IL | October 21, 2008

Best car I have ever owned. For the price you will not find a more luxurious ride that can take you to 60 in 6.5 seconds, while the seat heaters take care of your bottom and the 10 speakers entertain you.

Best small car that i have had

by Bevan from Auckland,New Zealand | August 16, 2008

Great car,have have 2 mk 2 golfs,one mk 3 GTi and this is by far the best Golf that i have had.Have just chipped car now to get 177 kw out of engine,so now almost as much of a match as a Golf R32 ( 184 kw ) but heaps lighter.

Featured Services for this Volkswagen GTI