2011 Volkswagen GTI

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Most helpful staff

by Jona from Annandale, VA | March 27, 2014

The car looked great on the announcement, but looked even BETTER in person! I do not regret driving 60 miles to get this car. The staff there are super nice and very welcoming. I would recommend this dealership and car to everyone! Thank you National Motors for making this life experience very fruitful and rewarding! -Jonatan Morales

Fun, Fast and Reliable

by Love My GTI from Beverly, MA | February 4, 2014

I had a 2002 Mini Cooper S that was sadly on its way out. I wanted something just was sporty to drive, handled well but was more reliable and would last forever. I did a lot of research and got several recommendations to look at Volkswagen. The GTI fit my bill for a sporty, powerful and reliable. Good gas mileage if you don't step on it all the time. Lots of space and trunk space. And contrary to some reviews that say there is a lack of storage spots, there is plenty of storage spots and drink holders. Love this car!

Rocket Ship...With STYLE

by First-time Car buyer from Seattle, WA | September 18, 2013

What a car, what a car! I test drove a Jetta before test driving the GTI. The switch from one to the other, I imagine is not unlike a pilot going from a cute twin propellor plane to a fighter jet. The GTI has got the 'juice' I was looking for! And if that wasn't enough, the car is absolutely gorgeous. The compliments won't stop coming and many of them are from complete strangers. Immediate reactions when showing friends the new vehicle ranged from, 'So Sexy!' to 'Oh my god I'm so jealous'. It was a long time coming, but I'm thrilled with my choice. I purchased the manual transmission and it is a dream to shift in this car. Handles very smooth. Computer on board for all your music needs. Great little sunroof too, for those great spring and summer days out on the highway. If you're looking for a great little city car, with style, power and great handling, look no further. The VW GTI is in a class of it's own.

2011 GTI

by VW_LVR from Minneapolis, MN | June 29, 2013

It VERY peppy, a sportman's car. Not designed for comfort, designed for performance. We have the 2 door, 6 speed manual. Hugs curves, accellerates thru traffic, excellent for a single guy. We bought this car out of state and had the seller's local VW dealer do checkout before we bought for $200. We called and set it up. Was worth it! Was in great condition.

Fun Drive

by Fun Drive from Spencer. IN | July 27, 2012

I bought this model 2011 2dr auto with nav and sunroof used with 11000 miles. I have only owned a month but have put more than 5000 miles on it. I like the car! Mileage is as expected if you don't play street racer! It is sprung tightly and handles well but you will feel the road if it is not relatively smooth. It is quick for real life situations. If you want to race get a WRX but for everyday fun this is the car. The seats are very comfortable. In my search this car delivers the most fun for the money!

I LOVE this car!

by 2nd GTI YEAH! from Jersey Shore | March 19, 2012

Pound for pound this car is awesome! It's my second time around, I had a '97, now I have a 2011. My '97 rocked 190K with minimal troubles. My 2011 feels like I'm driving a performance car that gets 30MPG. It's smooth, quite, quick, and handles like a demon. There's a reason the GTI is the benchmark for hot hatches. Best of all I feel like an adult when I drive it. The finish is tight and precise. It's a great car.

Sporty fun hatchback that a blast to drive

by Otis from Florida | August 26, 2011

I enjoy driving this car better than my 1999 Camaro SS, 6 speed LS1. It has enough power in sports mode for having fun yet it's a great daily driver with good gas mileage.

Angel In My Pocket Rocket

by Silversurfer52 from Charlotte NC | August 24, 2011

Been a life long Japanese car owner, but wanted to try something different. Been reading and studying cars for a year and the clear winner based on all aspects of the driving experience was the VW GTI. So far, so great! Fun to drive, handles like a dream, accelerates with ease, and has very comfortable seats. Mine is the two-door model. Plenty of room in the front and the back with very good visabilty for the driver. Really like the way the seats are able to move up and down like a barbers chair so easily. I use to hate my commute, now I look forward to the drive to and from work. Love my hot hatch!

Great Car...

by JT from Oakland, CA | July 13, 2011

...it's the bad reviews by a couple of people on this site that are below average. This is a great car; please test drive it back to back, as I did, with the Honda Civic SI, Mazda Speed3 and whatever. The 2011 SI is a dinosaur compared to this car: the SI is loud and has poor ride quality. Sure, it has just a few less HP than the GTI, but the torque just is not their on that car. So, if you want to buy a car that you have to rev to 8000 just to go to the 7/11 - buy THAT car, it's just boy pretend racer stuff (caveat, the 2012 SI has more torque and should be much better than the 2011, but as with all Hondas you will still pay Tsunami prices). If you want a more refined car that is as quite as a Volt at idle, and that is actually practical for everyday use, try this car. As with any car, do the research, look up the insurance statistics, drive the cars back-to-back.

Great Little Car!

by 60 year old male from Fresno CA | June 8, 2011

This is the fourth VW I have owned. The GTI is a lot more fun than the old Beetles and Squareback I had earlier. I have owned this GTI for nearly 10 months and have driven it 12,000 miles. Great as a daily driver as well as for longer road trips. Sheer joy to drive on a twisty mountain road. Makes the daily commute an adventure instead of a chore. The six speed manual and eager turbocharged engine offer plenty of power. I've gotten as high as 33 mpg on road trips and regularly get in the high 20's for daily driving (mixed freeway and surface streets).The fit and finish are superb. I'd recommend it in a heartbeat!