2011 Volkswagen GTI

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Fun Grocery Getter!

by 91Liberator from Pleasant Hill Ca | June 26, 2014

I was looking for 3 things in a car. 1) Economical, 2) Fun to Drive, 3) Functional Storage. I drove the Mini Clubman which was more than I wanted to spend but otherwise met all the criteria; A BMW 335d which was WAY more than I wanted to spend; as well as an older 330i, G37, and the Golf TDI which were compromises in other ways. I was not looking at this car but drove it and knew that this was 'it'. It was an well optioned '11 and it is a blast to drive. I am hard on cars and like to bang them into corners and hard accelerate them and yet, with mostly around town driving, I'm still averaging 25 mpg. The other thing about this car is I got it off the dealership under 20k. My other car is a large cushy Grand Cherokee and I hate parking it (I live in the Central Contra Costa county. Lots of cars, not so much space). That car is a lumbering hulk and no fun to run to the store in. No problem with the GTI! Happy to have made this discovery.

Best Value. Period.

by Patrick from Cincinnati, OH | May 7, 2014

Absolutely the best bang for your buck car on the market, period. I have owned the 2 door base model of this vehicle for over 3 years and driven 43.5k miles with absolutely no issues. The outstanding quality of construction is evident in the sound the door makes when it closes, the materials throughout the cabin, and the smooth performance of the engine and transmission. When you don't want to compromise between interior quality and comfort, performance, fuel economy, storage space, and cost of ownership, the GTI is the go to vehicle. Such a thrill to drive! Standard features like turn signals in the side view mirrors, heated seats, turbocharged engine, automatic brake for hill starts, bluetooth and AUX audio, interior LED lighting, leather steering wheel and shifter with red stitching, twin chrome tip exhaust, bucket seats, and much more make this vehicle a step above the rest and an absolute joy to be in. Steering is smooth, turn radius is excellent, and so much power! I highly recommend this vehicle to anyone.

upgrade from GLI

by baltoGTI from Baltimore MD | April 15, 2014

i made a nearly even trade of a 2012 GLI 6MT Autobahn for 2011 6MT red GTI Autobahn because I wanted the hatchback functionality (more dog friendly) and a car that's actually fun to drive. the GTI seems quicker and certainly is more nimble but at the expense of ride comfort. GTI interior is nicer (real leather seats) and the car feels more solid with better quality materials (Germany vs Mexico?). my sense of buyers remorse has been thoroughly addressed now that i have the car that i should have bought 2 years ago. can't go wrong with a GTI!

Most helpful staff

by Jona from Annandale, VA | March 27, 2014

The car looked great on the announcement, but looked even BETTER in person! I do not regret driving 60 miles to get this car. The staff there are super nice and very welcoming. I would recommend this dealership and car to everyone! Thank you National Motors for making this life experience very fruitful and rewarding! -Jonatan Morales

Fun, Fast and Reliable

by Love My GTI from Beverly, MA | February 4, 2014

I had a 2002 Mini Cooper S that was sadly on its way out. I wanted something just was sporty to drive, handled well but was more reliable and would last forever. I did a lot of research and got several recommendations to look at Volkswagen. The GTI fit my bill for a sporty, powerful and reliable. Good gas mileage if you don't step on it all the time. Lots of space and trunk space. And contrary to some reviews that say there is a lack of storage spots, there is plenty of storage spots and drink holders. Love this car!

Rocket Ship...With STYLE

by First-time Car buyer from Seattle, WA | September 18, 2013

What a car, what a car! I test drove a Jetta before test driving the GTI. The switch from one to the other, I imagine is not unlike a pilot going from a cute twin propellor plane to a fighter jet. The GTI has got the 'juice' I was looking for! And if that wasn't enough, the car is absolutely gorgeous. The compliments won't stop coming and many of them are from complete strangers. Immediate reactions when showing friends the new vehicle ranged from, 'So Sexy!' to 'Oh my god I'm so jealous'. It was a long time coming, but I'm thrilled with my choice. I purchased the manual transmission and it is a dream to shift in this car. Handles very smooth. Computer on board for all your music needs. Great little sunroof too, for those great spring and summer days out on the highway. If you're looking for a great little city car, with style, power and great handling, look no further. The VW GTI is in a class of it's own.

2011 GTI

by VW_LVR from Minneapolis, MN | June 29, 2013

It VERY peppy, a sportman's car. Not designed for comfort, designed for performance. We have the 2 door, 6 speed manual. Hugs curves, accellerates thru traffic, excellent for a single guy. We bought this car out of state and had the seller's local VW dealer do checkout before we bought for $200. We called and set it up. Was worth it! Was in great condition.

Fun Drive

by Fun Drive from Spencer. IN | July 27, 2012

I bought this model 2011 2dr auto with nav and sunroof used with 11000 miles. I have only owned a month but have put more than 5000 miles on it. I like the car! Mileage is as expected if you don't play street racer! It is sprung tightly and handles well but you will feel the road if it is not relatively smooth. It is quick for real life situations. If you want to race get a WRX but for everyday fun this is the car. The seats are very comfortable. In my search this car delivers the most fun for the money!

I LOVE this car!

by 2nd GTI YEAH! from Jersey Shore | March 19, 2012

Pound for pound this car is awesome! It's my second time around, I had a '97, now I have a 2011. My '97 rocked 190K with minimal troubles. My 2011 feels like I'm driving a performance car that gets 30MPG. It's smooth, quite, quick, and handles like a demon. There's a reason the GTI is the benchmark for hot hatches. Best of all I feel like an adult when I drive it. The finish is tight and precise. It's a great car.

Sporty fun hatchback that a blast to drive

by Otis from Florida | August 26, 2011

I enjoy driving this car better than my 1999 Camaro SS, 6 speed LS1. It has enough power in sports mode for having fun yet it's a great daily driver with good gas mileage.