2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen

Available in 3 styles:  2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen 4dr shown

Overall

VW is terrible

by mgd from NC | November 10, 2014

VW is a terrible company to work with. Bad warranty policies and terrible customer support. Marketing department has no idea what they are doing and has actually figured out how to make ownership of the car more painful, which is hard.

Warranty issues

by chalkie from norwood ma | June 6, 2014

I opine that Volkswagen of America (VoA) does not stand behind their warranty process. I brought my 2010 JettaWagen TDI to a VW dealer for sunroof problems, during the warranty period. It was serviced, but the problems with intermittent failure to open/close continued. Subsequently the sunroof failed, of course out of warranty now. It cost me almost $2,000 to repair. When I contacted VoA today, they denied my warranty claim. Buyer beware - if you have intermittent problems during the warranty process, you may be stuck paying for the repair later, even though you brought it to VoA''s attention. This is not right. I gave VoA multiple chances to address this issue, but they have refused.

Awesome car

by Cpap from SC | May 7, 2013

This VW TDI is one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. It is second only to a BMW 3 wagon I had…need I explain why? The Jetta is solid, everything works very well in it and it is fun to drive. Love the leatherette interior and the pan moon roof. The nav/sound/phone system works well only complaint; VW wants $200 to update the nav system. The car handles well and has tons of power. Don’t let the 140hp fool you, it feels much stronger than that thanks to all the torque. There were a couple of things that took a little getting used to; the driver’s seat is a little narrow which I felt when test driving it but after sitting in it a while I don’t notice it and is pretty comfy. The DSG is a little odd, it shifts up and down very smooth and quick but when slowing down to a stop you feel it downshift a little. Turbo lag; when starting out there is a lag but when it spools up a little it will spin the tires if you are not careful. 41,000 miles on the car and no problems at all. In mixed driving I get 35-37 MPG the best I have ever got was 40 but I have never got as low as the rated 30 city. Overall I have no problem giving this car a solid 5.

Super Car - TDI

by Radmen from Chicago Area | February 13, 2013

I have only had it a month but its what I hoped it would be. Fun to drive, great low end torque, very good handling, great economy. Lots of flexibility and space. Mine has very little wind noise though does have some on cold, drafty days when traveling at 55+ but its not much. I worry about the High Pressure fuel pump going out and problems with the pano roof which seems to be the main problems you read about on the nets but the car seems really solid and well built. I suspect regular diesel fuel treatment will take care of the pump. Plus got it CPO so I have a couple of years to cover me. The only fault I can really find is that there is no accessory position on the ignition. The car is either running or its not and when its not that means the radio is off and your cell phone is disconnected from the sound system. Not a big deal though - just let the car run for a few minutes extra while you listen to the rest or the song or wrap up a call. Its not like you will get smoked out with diesel fumes - (its a TDI) but the stuff coming out the back is so clean its better than my cars that run gas. I have no real reason to rate reliability at 4 stars except concern for the long term reliability and expensive repairs which is not know to be a VW strong card but I like the car enough to deal with the risk. Exterior styling at a 4 - its a wagon so a 5 might be a stretch under any cirumstances but I like it well enough and it could be better if VW outfitted these things with a sport package that had all the after market ground effects,extended spoiler, sport wheels and fog lights they have available as standard equipment without adding 5k to the price. Factory Privacy glass on the back windows would help as well. With all that I bet they would sell more of these.

Jetta TDI SportWagen ROCKS!

by Gangsta Wagon Meister from Katy, TX | December 14, 2012

OMG! It really does get 40 mpg! This is not your fathers diesel truck. It's comfortable - heated seats, CD player. Adjustable steering wheel and seat are great for both short and tall people. This turbo charged 6 speed is a rocket. I can't say enough good stuff about the 'wagen'. Rear seats fold down and we can load it up. Plenty of room for pets. Love the little hide away storage in the back. Fun to drive. You just gotta getta Jetta!

Versatile value

by PinotNoir from California | November 28, 2011

I needed a car that would meet a lot of requirements - great mileage for commuting, car-type (not SUV) comfort, large enough to hold 4 adults, and could handle skis, kayaks, etc. This 2011 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI is perfect for all the above. I was unsure how I'd like the diesel, never having owned one before, but it's a total non-issue. Diesel is readily available, and there is no knock or smell or fumes that plagued diesels in the past. And the turbo really gets the car moving to freeway speeds fast, but I still get 40 mpg on average.

Jetta sport wagon diesel with panoramic sunroof...

by VW dub from Maryland | November 7, 2011

Looks sooooo adorable for a station wagon. Huge rear space. Great mileage !!!!! Save loot and buy boots instead !!

TDI Surprise

by German 4 Me from Maine | September 16, 2011

This is my 4th new car in 7 years. 2006 Civic, seat was uncomfortable, literally a pain in the butt. 08 Altima Hybrid couldn't get 40 mpg and I was annoyed at the switching between electric and gas modes. Then I bought a 2009 Nissan Rogue, that was a very nice ride, but as gas prices went up I wanted better MPG. The 2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDI offers the space, comfort and MPG I was looking for. The TDI runs like a top, I am averaging 42 MPG with just over 8,000 miles, but I expected that. What has suprised me are the little convience touches that add to an over all great package. Auto up and down on all four windows, tilt and telescope steering wheel, height adjustable center arm rest and windshield wipers that while driving tuck under the hood but when you need to clean the blades or change them they move to a service position just by pushing the wiper stalk down. The over all fit and finish of this fine VW make it a value every new car buyer should consider. Forget the hybrids and dump your SUV, get a TDI.

u get what u pay for!

by auto enthusiast from NORTHERN PA | August 13, 2011

purchased 2011 vw tdi sportwagon! excellent dealer-quality product-great fuel mileage-first car purchased online(easy and painless)-first vehicle purchased for commuting to work- can't say anything bad about it! KUDOS TO VW!

deisel power

by tootsie from UP, Mich | July 13, 2011

Jetta SportWagon TDI: Great mileage 40-45 mpg, lots of torque, no down shifting on rolling terrain. The dual clutch trans takes a little getting use to, at low speeds it has some indecision. Overall I give it a 4.5 rating