2013 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen

See Photos & Videos

Overall

best car i have owned

by the_neste from Los Angeles, CA | March 4, 2014

i have had many cars (beamers, rovers, jeeps, chevys, the list goes on and on and on) and to date for the $$ this is the best car on the road. it is has a slice of everything...power, style, tight build, simple but nice interior, great blue tooth, incredible gas mileage (i have the TDI diesel version and consistently get above the EPA ratings) and the panoramic roof is ahhhhhmazing. makes the car feel even more roomy and luxurious inside. i wish the seats were fully automatic but its no biggie... most dont know about this car, but i have yet to have one person go for a ride with me and at some point just randomly and simply turn to me and say - "i like this car - what is it..hmmmm i ll have to consider this next time around". in CA we have a part of the 405/5 freeway that is the test of all cars - its called the Grapevine its about 20-30 minutes north of LA. Its a long (very long) drawn out mountain climb...you often see cars overheated and broken down on the side of the road, or chugging along in the right lanes struggling to make it to the top. All i can say is i left everyone in the dust. The torque in the TDI allowed me to sail up that mountain as if everyone else was standing still...and with no apparent strain on the car. It was almost as if it loved it and was built for it. If you want practical, sporty, utilitarian, comfort, interior simplicity and style, cargo room for hauling, beautiful sunlight beaming in all sides, and that fun to drive feeling while being a little nicer to the environment -do yourself a favor - get the this car in a TDI version. I cant wait for the even more refined 2015 to come out. happy car hunting, chris - los angeles

2013 Sportwagon 2.5S Auto

by kk from Maryland | February 22, 2014

Powerful for highway driving, solid feel, and fuel efficient. 16000+ mi so far , overall quality keep its reputation. A surprise that it uses timing chain, that is good. One complain is, since I am short, a little awkward for me to adjust the seat without compromise of both comfort and visibility.

2 liter diesel with almost 240 lb/ft of torque...

by ez from Pacific coast | February 8, 2014

After plunking down my money, i stalled it three times on the drive from showroom to home. The compass was initially reading 180 out (would show N when heading S) Those are the sole negatives. At 10199 miles, Fuelly.com shows 44.5 MPG. The torque-rich acceleration (peak torque is flat 1750 - 2500 RPM) is impressive to this sailor. A good looking, low maintenance (thus far) fuel efficient , roomy (rear seats down = 76 cubic feet) and well equipped wagon. Plus I've not stalled the six speed manual shift since the drive home. Great vehicle.

TDI vdub wagen

by Greg from Larkspur, Colorado | December 27, 2013

Picked it up Saturday and Sunday headed out on a 2000 mile Christmas round trip. Left the 6800 feet asl of Larkspur, Colorado for the 80 feet asl of Conroe, Tx.. Two dogs, myself and a bunch of luggage running down I-25 at 75 mph and getting mid 40's on mpg on the first drive. Unreal. Doesn't matter what anyone's opinion is (including the various car mags) you just have to try it to see what a great product this is. Won't suit everyone but will suit most. Its quiet, handles better than average, simple but tasteful interior layout. Outside is easy on the eyes. Excellent gas mpg outways the additional cost of diesel fuel (do the math). The turbo charged engine makes small change out of altitude, hills, passing situations etc. VW throws in covered service for the first 3/36. Relatively small on the outside - but lots of room on the inside (especially with the back seat laid down). I've read "the pro's" neg. comments on the nav. system. It's simple, straight forward, good under all lighting conditions and is good as you will need it to be! Who cares about 0-60 times, double wishbone suspension or not, how big the brakes are! This is a practical, straight forward unit that can be really fun to drive if you select the dsg to manual shifting and get on the oil burner.

Beware reliability

by Ron from Arizona | December 14, 2013

Very nice car till you get to 36k warranty, then you better have extended warranty or prayer! 2010 model, so have had 3 years, since warranty expired, rear power window failed ($500), air conditioner compressor failed ($1200), diesel fuel pump failed ($1000). The 40k suggested maintenance is $550 and additional $300 for DSL transmission flush. I didn't realize I was buying the reliability headaches of a BMW which I have also owned. VW really no different, just more plastic, fake leather, less performance engines and lower price. Great gas mileage which I have more than paid for with repairs. Time to move on from German cars! ArizonaArizona

You Gotta Experience TDI !!

by Diesel Dawg from Phila , PA suburbs | September 10, 2013

We have had VW's before, all of which were OK except for the 1965 Bug convertible, which leaked oil at the drain plug and the dealer was unable to fix it. Our current Jetta Sportwagen TDI is real surprise. The fuel mileage is outstanding, and the acceleration is unbelievable for a small 4 cylinder motor/ The turbocharger makes the difference. The interior is comfortable for my 230 lbs, and the heated bucket seats are extremely kind to my problem back. We haul an 80lb Greyhound along with a lot of ot other things and there is lots of room with the back seat folded down.. I was first concerned with availability of diesel fuel, which was a problem a few years ago with my diesel truck/ No worries today, fuel is available at more than half the stations around here. With my old diesel truck I was always impressed with its gnarly, growling engine sound, but it was sometimes a problem to start the engine initially. The TDI engine starts immediately, no glow plug wait, and barely whispers as it warms up. At highway speed, the TDI is as quiet as most engines, and is quieter than many others. With the price of fuel (I measure fuel cost in terms of miles per dollar) and the long life of the diesel, I believe we will be happy with this purchase for years to come. I could go on about the six speed automatic trannie and the magic in the braking system or the stylish interior and great sound system, but I advise you to take a test drive at your local dealer and let them explain all of the outstanding features of this product. If I sound like I really like my purchase, you better believe it ! Try it --- you'll love it !

Great car

by Likes performance and great mileage from Tucson, AZ | July 15, 2013

Just finished a 2000 mile vacation trip in my new Jetta TDI Sportwagon. Easily got all of our stuff in it including luggage, cooler, and my road bike. The car is quiet, accelerates much better than one would ever expect from a four cylinder engine, cornered very well on the winding New Mexico, Colorado and Arizona mountain roads and, best of all, got a phenomenal 44 mpg on the trip. Now I know why the only cars I saw in Europe last year were diesel four-bangers. VW has done a great job with this car. Quieter than my 2008 Santa Fe, better handling, and much better braking.

best car ever

by nuke77 from chicago | July 8, 2013

Gas prices were just killing me. This car gets over 50 MPG everyday on my drive to work about 31 miles.. TDI diesel is the way to go. Thank you VW

Skip it

by cfbs2691 from Coral Springs, FL | July 5, 2013

Four months after buying this I have nothing but regrets. The passenger door constantly rattles - like an old used car would. When going through a car wash - water gets in and there are little puddles on the floor. Today, it started giving me problems locking it. I can't get all the doors to lock and I've tried everything. This wouldn't be an issue if I lived in Mayberry, but unfortunately, I don't. It gets great gas mileage and that's about all I can say nice about it.

all around pleasant car!

by prefer german from new orleans la | May 21, 2013

jetta s sportwagen great all around value...quality interior, smooth ride, crisp manual trans,loaded with standard features. Comfortable seats, great mileage, and 67 cu ft. cargo as well! Great package for a relatively low price.