2014 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Shortimer with TDI

by oilburner from Orlando, FL | April 7, 2014

Have had a new Sportwagen TDI for about a month now and absolutely no problems at all, nothing..I'm pleasantly surprised. We chose the TDI sportwagen for several reasons: 1 the MPG, 2 the cargo space (over a sedan) and 3 the ride(again over a sedan). In particular the MPG has exceeded expectations- have seen 46 on the highway but most important to us was the city mileage (for our use the city mileage contributes more to the overall MPG than highway mileage). The EPA estimate is accurate for us, 30 MPG in city driving. Part of the reason for purchasing this car was the ability to haul cargo. The decision to take either our car (2-dr coupe) or the truck has been eliminated, we take the Sportwagen. Not a big deal but with the added wheelbase & weight the wagon has a very comfortable ride. Ours is a manual trans and is very peppy, passengers have commented about it,(unsolicited}. We added the aluminum stick-on bumper protector for the hatch, that surface won/t stay unmolested long w/o it or something similar. Interior controls are user friendly. The sunroof is huge with a built-in pop up windshield (a simple but important feature). Last note, diesel fuel does cost more (the mileage crossover appears to be about 3.5 MPG (based on fuel vs. gasoline $) but so far diesel prices haven't had the large (weekly ?)price swings of gas. Thats all I know for now.

stone striking

by Marcelo from North Attleboro | April 3, 2014

The Car is good but the but the painting of the front bump is terrible, my car is dark gray and is 22k and the bump is almost white already, because to many striking stone mark on the bump. I'm very disappointed, really do not recommend if you are buying this car to use in Highway.

Great car.

by new vw from Ukiah, CA | February 8, 2014

We have had our Sportwagon TDI for over three weeks. Drove it 1400 miles the first week, got 45+ mpg. We got it $1000 cheaper than Cars.com quotes equipped the with same. We were so surprised by that we thought we heard the quote wrong.

You can have it all

by TDI convert from Charlottesville, VA | February 3, 2014

My wife and I just traded in a Mercedes E320 4Matic Wagon on the Jetta Sportwagen TDI 6-speed, and we are having a great time with the new car. It's fun to drive and has a much stronger power band than the old diesels, while getting over 30 mpg in regular driving and close to 50 mpg on the highway. The interior is surprisingly roomy and comfortable, and the integrated technology--navigation, music, phone--works great. The panoramic sunroof is just an added bonus to a wonderful car that is a very good value.

Great performance wagon

by New VW Guy from Green Bay , WI | September 23, 2013

Great space combined with remarkable fuel efficiency plus strong TDI engine equals an excellent vehicle.

Great used car

by Dusty from | September 22, 2013

You are misinformed. I did not buy a new car. I bought a 2011 VW Sportwagen with 46,000 miles on it. I am very happy with it. I have only had it two weeks, however, so while my initial impressions are very good, there are some aspects (such as reliability) about which I cannot speak (although all my 12 prior VW's were quite reliable). I am looking forward to many years of happy driving with it.

Jetta sportswagon TDI

by Cfbk1977 from Saint Louis MO | August 7, 2013

Bought it new with 7 year warranty. $4,000 for extended warranty but you get $3,500 back if not used after 7 years. It gave me the confidence to buy a turbo diesel with a dual clutch 6 speed automatic transmission. I love the handling, mileage, comfort, hauling room. I plan on keeping it at least 9 years so its hard to judge on reliability yet.