2014 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen

2014 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen
Available in 3 styles:  2014 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen 4dr shown
Starting MSRP

Overall

Next Generation TDI will require AdBlue?

by TDI Fan from Atlanta, GA | October 7, 2014

I couldn't be happier my 2014 Sportwagen. I agree with all the other positive comments. Glad I got the 2014 as it appears the next generation will not have an independent rear suspension and will require AdBlue (based on the 2015 Golf TDI).

I have owned two of these

by rsegal from Nipomo Ca | August 22, 2014

Great car for me. I owned a 2012, wagon TDI manual trans, loved it. Got up to 48 on the highway until I put the roof luggage system on her. I put 40K on the 2012 and decided to trade her in on 2014. I had zero problems on the 2012, I recommend the car to anyone who needs a fuel efficient wagon. The only negative is the seating in the back seat is cramped for an adult. I use the vehicle to shop and move my dogs around so I never have the back seats in the upright position. Overall the best little car I have owned, ton of performance and handles like a race car, fun to drive. I hope I get the same results from my 2014, which is the last year of this model.

Great wagon, few negatives

by Latitude42 from Mansfield, MA | July 17, 2014

This review is for the TDI (diesel) model with DSG 6-speed automatic transmission, sunroof/navigation trim package. Much has been written about the comfortable ride and the feeling of quality on interior details, and it is all true. The diesel fuel milage does not diasppoint. The three-mode (normal, sport, or semi-automatic) DSG transmission is smooth and fun to use, although it can seem a little weak on acceleration and a little more prudence may be order when entering traffic from a stop. Other than that, handling and braking feel great. Controls and dash indicators are pleasing. If you are trying to decide whether to buy the top trim package with sunroof and navigation, be aware it includes keyless entry and pushbutton start which is a great feature you will quickly appreciate... but also be aware the navigation system is a step down in radio features and screen size. The cargo area is impressive for a small wagon. Folding and stowing the second row of seats in order to achieve the largest possible flat cargo floor is a somewhat incovenient process. Four stars on value for money only because it seems a bit costly overall.

Have had Jettas before .

by Wagon lover from St. Petersburg,Florida | April 24, 2014

I've had several Jettas in the past but wanted a wagon this time for its cargo capability. Its a perfect size on the outside but is huge in the interior. The outward visibility in all directions is great. This vehicle is much better than any crossover now on the market.

Shortimer with TDI

by oilburner from Orlando, FL | April 7, 2014

Have had a new Sportwagen TDI for about a month now and absolutely no problems at all, nothing..I'm pleasantly surprised. We chose the TDI sportwagen for several reasons: 1 the MPG, 2 the cargo space (over a sedan) and 3 the ride(again over a sedan). In particular the MPG has exceeded expectations- have seen 46 on the highway but most important to us was the city mileage (for our use the city mileage contributes more to the overall MPG than highway mileage). The EPA estimate is accurate for us, 30 MPG in city driving. Part of the reason for purchasing this car was the ability to haul cargo. The decision to take either our car (2-dr coupe) or the truck has been eliminated, we take the Sportwagen. Not a big deal but with the added wheelbase & weight the wagon has a very comfortable ride. Ours is a manual trans and is very peppy, passengers have commented about it,(unsolicited}. We added the aluminum stick-on bumper protector for the hatch, that surface won/t stay unmolested long w/o it or something similar. Interior controls are user friendly. The sunroof is huge with a built-in pop up windshield (a simple but important feature). Last note, diesel fuel does cost more (the mileage crossover appears to be about 3.5 MPG (based on fuel vs. gasoline $) but so far diesel prices haven't had the large (weekly ?)price swings of gas. Thats all I know for now.

stone striking

by Marcelo from North Attleboro | April 3, 2014

The Car is good but the but the painting of the front bump is terrible, my car is dark gray and is 22k and the bump is almost white already, because to many striking stone mark on the bump. I'm very disappointed, really do not recommend if you are buying this car to use in Highway.

Great car.

by new vw from Ukiah, CA | February 8, 2014

We have had our Sportwagon TDI for over three weeks. Drove it 1400 miles the first week, got 45+ mpg. We got it $1000 cheaper than Cars.com quotes equipped the with same. We were so surprised by that we thought we heard the quote wrong.

You can have it all

by TDI convert from Charlottesville, VA | February 3, 2014

My wife and I just traded in a Mercedes E320 4Matic Wagon on the Jetta Sportwagen TDI 6-speed, and we are having a great time with the new car. It's fun to drive and has a much stronger power band than the old diesels, while getting over 30 mpg in regular driving and close to 50 mpg on the highway. The interior is surprisingly roomy and comfortable, and the integrated technology--navigation, music, phone--works great. The panoramic sunroof is just an added bonus to a wonderful car that is a very good value.

Great performance wagon

by New VW Guy from Green Bay , WI | September 23, 2013

Great space combined with remarkable fuel efficiency plus strong TDI engine equals an excellent vehicle.

Great used car

by Dusty from | September 22, 2013

You are misinformed. I did not buy a new car. I bought a 2011 VW Sportwagen with 46,000 miles on it. I am very happy with it. I have only had it two weeks, however, so while my initial impressions are very good, there are some aspects (such as reliability) about which I cannot speak (although all my 12 prior VW's were quite reliable). I am looking forward to many years of happy driving with it.