2000 Volkswagen Jetta

See Photos & Videos

Overall

VW Jetta VR6

by VW Enthusiast from new Jersey | January 18, 2014

currently I have 197000 on this care I owned since 2003 bought used with 29000 miles. excellent car. I enjoy driving it till this day. the VR6 engine is a great engine with a lot of power and torque. for a VR6 I achieved 27-29 miles gallon with car when I drive slow (55 mph or slower) at low RPMs. I still have full power and every thing is operational in the car.

not recommended , most unreliable car in the world

by Kris from Toronto , Canada | December 18, 2013

Most unreliable car in the world , keep fixing it on daily basis put more in than car is worth and still new thinks come up. I hate this car

Great Experience

by Alex from New Jersey | October 27, 2013

This is the second car I purchased using cars.com. Excellent website. All the private sellers and dealers got back to me right away. Saved so much time driving from place to place. All the information is right there. Highly recommend!

Most simple car I've ever owned

by Alabama atty from Hoover, al | August 17, 2013

came without the bells and whistles. No power windows or power seats. But it got me where I needed to go. Got a newer Jetta as a result a few months back. First foreign sedan I've owned. Put some money into it but well worth it. Got me back and forth to,work and my wife would drive it to the airport and leave it when she traveled. Highly recommended for its comfort and performance. Not a car for young kids to ride because of the smaller size but a great get to work car. Good gas mileage.

12 yrs old

by VW Driver from Jeffersonville, IN | October 30, 2012

We bought this car new 4/2000 for a high milage car. Wow, is it ever. I have 375,000 on it and still going. Normal maintaince, timing belt and water pump every 80k and oil change every 7k and still have the orginal clutch; 5 speed stick. I have averaged from 48 - 50mpg since it was new. Luv it! and still driving.

Money Pit

by Isabel from Los Angeles, CA | August 10, 2012

I have had my 2000 Volkswagen for 8 years. I bought it used for $8500, and only with 42k miles on it. It currently only has 97k miles on it, and in the last 4 years I have piled endless amounts of money in to it just for repairs. Everything is made of plastic, and breaks easily! I have had to replace: - the oil cap and pan (after all of my oil siphoned out of my car while driving - $300) Oil pan is aluminum and weak - Coolant line twice in 3 months for leaks ($600) - Break Pads and Rotors 3 times ($600) - Splash Guard (plastic and constantly falls down) ($200) - Hubcab (stolen twice - just pops off) $50ea - AC/Filter ($300) - ABS Light Sensor (over $1000 for diagnostic) - Check Engine Light Sensor 2 times ($150) - Temperature Senor ($100) - Timing Belt ($700) Not to mention all of the things in the interior that are cheap and broke quickly: - Cup Holder - Glove compartment handle - Radio (have since replaced) - Seats stain VERY easily and are hard to clean Do not buy this car unless you have the money to repair it constantly!!! Sad because I love how it drives, has a GREATTTT sound system and awesome gas mileage. Everyone knows they are cheap, poorly made cars, therefore they are even harder to get rid of.

Jetta!

by this gal from Asheville, NC | March 21, 2012

I love the way it looks and the way it sounds! It is a great car that is compact enough to fit just about anywhere. It is a great little car.

The Gas Saver Car and Awesome ride

by mickey from Michigan | February 15, 2012

I have bought a VW JETTA GLS from this site around a year ago, and I have to say Im so happy, I bought this car for $4,200 and we have saved so much money with the gas mileage this car gets, OH MY GOD! we get 38 mpg on th highway wihch is incredible, and we get around 29 in the city of Chicago, and driving around Chicago can be a headache. We first had a problem with a Idle Valve at first, its feels like when you come to s red light, the car still wants to go as your putting more pressure on your breaks,,,as well as backing up..this is commen for these cars if it hasent had a tune up in a long time,,but it was an easy fix, we paid $90 for this little part thats on top of the engine,,easy...and it took my mechanic 10 minutes to out it on,,he said he had to drive it at least 5 minutes on the Highway to get the Idle valve computer system to read this new part, and it will be in normal drive again..but you have to get a tune up within 2 months after installing this.. so paid our mechanic $30 to install it....thats another thing,,do not let any mechanic Lie to you about how much this valve cost and to install...!!and do not take it to a VW dealer,,they will cheat you for $400 for a $90 part. this car has never had any problems and its very reliable to have...awesome on the snow and rain pavements....turns like its on tracks...and the interior of the car is so built well, cant hear noise from outside...WE LOVE THE VW JETTA> buy it....no matter what the price is..its worth it

Solid Car

by E from Pa | December 20, 2011

I currently have 159100 miles on my jetta (GLS 2.0). this vehicle is a very reliable vehicle and can take a beating. this car has been in multiple car accidents and takes them like a champ. this vehicle is very safe and I would recommend this style and year jetta for any new driver. the only downside to this vehicle is that parts are a little expensive to replace with labor cost. But it make up for it in gas milage (34 highway) and reliablility.

Most reliable car Ive owned

by Benjamin from Washington DC | October 6, 2011

This was a very clean car, great mileage for the price, beautiful red paint job.. Overall Nice and a seller....

Featured Services for this Volkswagen Jetta