2003 Volkswagen Jetta

2003 Volkswagen Jetta

Available in 15 styles:  2003 Volkswagen Jetta 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

DO NOT SHOP AT ASA MOTOR INC.

by Buyer for a used Volkswagen Jetta from Los Angeles, CA | February 23, 2014

I drove all the way from Los Angeles to look at a 2003 Volkswagen Jetta. When I arrived nobody was in the office even though I called the day before to make an appointment. When I looked at the car I found that there was major damage to the paint, dents and tires - even though the website stated that it was in perfect condition. Furthermore the hood would not stay open and I was not even afforded the chance for a test drive. I found the dealer to be very unprofessional and I would suggest anyone who comes to this location to search some place else and to RUN AWAY QUICKLY!

She loves it !!

by Dad buying his daughter her first car for college. from Tampa, FL | February 1, 2014

Just recently bought this 2003 Jetta 1.8 Turbo Automatic. Car has 90400 miles. Note; We were warned by some true friends, One a mechanic and the other an auto insurance adjuster. Both warned of two major concerns; 1. Timing belt & tensioners will go out around 100,00 miles. 2. Weak plastic connectors that connect water hoses to water pump and other coolant system components will fail and leak around 100,000 miles or before depending on heat. 2. Cheap plastic movable parts in interior will break with normal use. Fortunately, the Jetta we just purchased had all of these problems repaired prior to our purchase. This car is running great for us so far. In fact, it's a bit faster of the line than I had hoped for my daughters first car, thanks to that Turbo feeding the 4 cl engine. We love all the air bags and safety features and hope the German engineering will prevail! Look for the 3 concerns when buying a Jetta then enjoy your car!

Expensive to maintain

by Jetta Owner from Nevada | December 12, 2013

Bought a 2003 Volkswagen 2.0 car and haven't been pleased with it since. Drives amazing when working, just wish it would last! Timing belt broke, and caused engine to be internally damaged and requires to replace a whole new engine at a price of 4500-5000 dollars. Not an ideal car to buy unless your buying new, and still you're going to spend a lot of money on repairs after certain mileage. Never will buy VW again. Spent a lot of money over the years. Hope this helps anyone who thinks about buying this vehicle. Simply....DONT!

Most appreciated car I've ever owned

by TJCrawford from Versailles MO | July 29, 2013

Ive owned three differant vw jetta's, an i liked every one very much, two of them diesels 02 an 03 an a 02 1.8t, for there money i think itd b hard to find a better car especially considering the fuel mileage you get with the TDI's, 50+ mpg highway, could do better with a manual. Im really proud of my Volkswagen

Terrible

by Student from Ohio | February 7, 2013

Most definitely the worst worst car I have ever owned. I purchased my 03 Jetta Gl 2.0 three years ago and have had nothing but issues. I have a manual which saved the tranny (which tends to go out quick in automatic models) but have replaced my alternater, starter, catalytic converter, 2 sets of tires, my ecu, and engine fan and it only has 120K miles! Not to mention the interior does not hold up and is tiny. Don't make the same mistake as me, it will be the worst investment you ever make. P.S. It is slower than a lawn tractor.

Reliable, Good Value

by Jetta Fan from Sedona, AZ | September 1, 2012

Handles well, good fuel economy, sturdy vehicle. Will be great for long-distance travel! Glad I found it.

Great Car

by thefuzzywuzzy from Reading, PA | June 19, 2012

I love this car. Mine has the 2.0L 4-cyl engine and is the 5-spd manual version. The clutch is very forgiving, which was very helpful due to the fact that I learned to drive manual with this vehicle. I usually get about 27-29 mpg with a mixture of highway and city driving. So far i've had no problems with it at all and it is a ton of fun to drive. The styling is nothing special, but Volkswagen does a great job of making all the controls simple and they pay attention to little details. I would highly recommend the Volkswagen Jetta.

2003 VW GLI

by Eric the Norman from McAllen, TX | May 27, 2012

Best car ever owned, driven VW for over 30 years and like this model the most! Love that 6 speed and 27 to 31 mileages the gallon.

never again

by superviln from Florida | February 1, 2012

I will never buy a vw EVER again Transmision is shot @89000 $3000 to replace and the car is worth about $2000 Interior is falling apart. this car should have a recall on all kinds of stuff. if you need to get back and forth to work and have a safe and reliable car do not EVER get a VW, New these cars are likeable and kinda fun, used the sourest lemon your wallet will ever taste

Its a Jetta

by commuter from Monrovia, Md | November 29, 2011

I own a TDI. It is the second one I've owned. I should have never gotten rid of the first one. Car runs fine as long as you keep up the maintenance. I have own many cars in my time and people remark how long I have kept this one. Great mileage and all the creature comforts. I get the same mileage as my motorcycle but stay cool in the summer and warm in the winter. The only thing that would be better is if it were a station wagon. I can drive from Maryland to Vermont on one tank of fuel and still have some left.

Featured Services for this Volkswagen Jetta