2010 Volkswagen Jetta

Available in 10 styles:  2010 Volkswagen Jetta 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Master brake cylinder failure

by Disappointed Owner from Exton, PA | November 27, 2013

I have a 2010 Jetta TDI sedan, bought new. It currently has just under 30,000 miles on it. Last week, I had to take it - very carefully - to the dealer. The master brake cylinder had failed. Completely. There was a very small amount of braking available as the brake pedal hit the floor, but mostly I had to use my emergency brake. Fortunately, I had 4 days left on my bumper to bumper warranty. I never found out what labor would have cost, but the new master cylinder was priced at $425.00. Curious, I went to the TDI club forum pages to see how many others had this happen to them. I did find a few without searching too hard. Scarier yet, was all the threads on the failure of the high pressure fuel pumps that are occurring in all 2009 and newer models. The pump implodes, and spreads metal shavings through-out the fuel system - lines, filters, pumps, injectors. Repair bill $4-6k. Avoid this car what ever you do.

We walked away

by Survivor V.W Jetta from Springfield Missouri | September 29, 2013

It was a Sunday afternoon and my husband and I were returning from a very enjoyable weekend. We had gone about 200 miles from home and to return home, we only had about a mile left to go. Suddenly, someone was crossing on foot in traffic and the cars ahead of us were stopped even though traffic flowed at about 65 miles an hours in other lanes. My Husband came to a stop. Behind us, a truck couldn't stop quick enough and he drove around us on the edge of the road to stop. As he made his move, another Sedan car plowed into the back of our V.W Jetta and sent us forward into the back of another car. in that second 6 more cars behind the wrecked sedan plowed into that car. For us, We had been sent forward but we were git by the sedan. We unsnapped our seat belts and got out of the car. Sure enough, the rear of our Jetta's rubber bumper adsorbed the greatest amount of damage. There was some to the rear and back of the quarter panels. Yet, as we gazed at the line of wrecked and smashed cars, We wondered how we avoided being so smashed to bits and how we survived to walk out of the wreck. After all, no one else was able. Our V.W Jetta earned our forever loyalty that day. The car is an amazing feat of real engineering. We stil have one non V.W. car at home. It has a for Sale sign on it. We have learned the lesson, Drive V.W and your arrive with your life. No need to do anything other than Volkswagen.

Wolfsburg Performance Review

by Wolfsburg2.0t Guy from CLE, OH | September 8, 2013

I have a Wolfsburg edition with the 2.0t engine and 6 speed dsg. The torque of this car is what gets me every time. 2nd/2rd gear, right foot down, head snaps back. That head planted to the back of the seat feeling is so surprising, and matches that of flooring much more expensive performance vehicles. The handling is very good and understeer only happens if you drive like a hooligan. The seats are some of the most supportive I've ever sat in, and make sure you don't get flung around while doing spirited driving. For an everyday sedan, it rivals performance cars. I can keep up with basic models of Mustangs /BMWs /Audis etc. Flooring it at a traffic light will make the tires screech then follow with a surge of acceleration. 0-60 happens in mid 6's. Only complaint is no paddle shifters. Note: if you live in a location where it snows, snow tires are almost a necessity

love it so far!

by vw wolfsburg from Chicago | June 28, 2013

I bought vw jetta wolfsburg for great sound system, exterior styling, and perfomance. It hasn't let me down yet! Only complaint would be vent directional sliders break real easy.

Fast and fun to drive

by Vollaw from Winchester, VA | March 7, 2013

The car is great for 0-40 (or 40-80) in no time. Great handling and fun to drive. Only disappointment is the interior looks cheap (leatherette) and no steering wheel controls. Also, way too much vibration when the sunroof is open and windows up. Other than that, it's a good car for the price.

Fun and thrifty

by Macht Schnell from The great state of TX | February 25, 2013

I picked the 2010 jetta tdi manual after much deliberation. I wanted fun, German handling and the mileage of a hybrid. I was commuting from Dallas to Bentonville AR for a while so I spent a lot of time on the road. The Jetta is strong at low and high speed, with excellent torque. I am continually impressed by the mileage +43 on both hwy and regular commuting. My biggest gripe by far are the headlights. At 70 on the fwy you will easily out run them. As a result I have had a few introductions to road debris; tires, pipes, occasional road kill. Favorite thing about the car: coming up behind a Prius on the hwy doing 75, giving the high beam flash and blowing their doors off...all the while knowing my car feels better to drive and is getting better mpgs at that speed. :)

sporty and fast

by betty from LOS ANGELES | December 15, 2012

great value for the money.I drove my 2010 VW Limited Edition new from the dealer 2 years ago. So far no problems at all, fast and reliable. Great value for money

Not happy with the vehicle( Daily Driver)

by Gamarun from Chicago, IL | September 30, 2012

Bought the car because of the reliability i was promised and fuel economy. One thing that is true about the car is the fuel economy. However, the reliability on this vehicle is horrible. I've owned this car for 5 months and every month was of owning it is just been heck-tick. I've brought the car into the dealership service center 3-5 times a month. Most aggravating experience is with my blue-tooth audio. The car has the option but will not let me use it and so called "Dealer" says to 'BAD". REALLY? The car also is still under warranty. Horrible horrible engineering and service. Please do your research before purchasing an "VW"

love that diesel

by First-time VW owner from Chapel Hill, NC | August 7, 2012

I recently bought a 2010 Jetta TDI and am well pleased. I especially love the efficiency of the diesel engine. My fuel costs have dropped by about 25%, which means a lot to me as I drive about 25K miles a year. I'm also really enjoying the torque of the diesel engine. Even though the engine is only 140 hp, the high torque makes the engine feel quite strong. In fact, I've never had a car before with so much get up and go. The car isn't perfect, though. It has more wind noise than I expected, but I hardly notice that anymore. The suspension is also a little stiffer than I'm used to, but the handling is very good. Overall, I'm delighted with the car and would recommend the TDI to anyone.

My First Car That Isn't A SUV

by Sherpa from Ontario, Canada | June 3, 2012

This being my first car that isn't a SUV or a Truck is the best thing for commuting. The road performance has outweighed any of the previous vehicles have driven. My previous ride to this was a diesel at best not as reliable as this brand. The higher maintenance cost associated with diesels is comparable so no change there other than this is younger aged model. Commuting and travelling in comfort is a must plus it's fun to drive every time you get in.