2011 Volkswagen Jetta

Available in 6 styles:  2011 Volkswagen Jetta 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Id rather drive a jetta over a Range Rover

by billy bob from oklahoma city | July 10, 2014

such a great car! so happy I bought it. Has everything I wanted, blue tooth, hands free talking, seat heaters. SO WORTH THE PRICE.

I love it!

by Owner of a 2011 VW Jetta SEL from Houston, TX | June 1, 2014

My grandparents recently bought me a 2011 vw jetta sel for a first car. There is nothing I can complain about! It rides nice, its comfortable, it looks good inside and out but best of all is reasonably priced! I love my VW

A good buy for the money.

by Jordan from Coon Rapids, MN | March 29, 2014

Good car. I have owned mine for about a year now, only needed to do one thing to it. Good MPG, although I think the estimate of 42 mpg hwy is laughable. If you are good at minor car repairs this car would be good for you, but if you are not mechanically inclined then maybe not so much.

Great car for the money

by Bruce from Indiana | February 12, 2014

My wife and I decided to purchase a 2011 VW Jetta S with 9,000 miles in August of 2012. This has been a great car for her and we only have a few complaints. The great things about the car include: -Interior space -Nice handling -Cheap to maintain -Low purchase price -Good safety ratings -Good looking -Excellent standard features for base model price I am 6'6" and my wife is 5'6". One of the challenges for us is finding a car we are both comfortable in. The Jetta is by far the most spacious small car available. I can adjust the driver's seat for myself, and still sit in the back seat comfortably. My wife is also able to get a comfortable seating position. The handling of this car impresses me. It has a very sporty feel and drives great at highway speeds (even in windy conditions it tracks straight down the road). I love the simple and elegant exterior design. The headlights and taillights are really nice looking. The standard features are great. ABS, traction control and stability control, heated mirrors, auto up/down on all 4 windows, and keyless remote entry. Now for the negatives: -NO POWER (2.0) -Gas mileage not the greatest -No cruise control -No center armrest These problems only relate to the S (base) model. The 2.0 literally feels about as fast as a bicycle from 0-15 mph. It has NO low end torque. It starts pulling decently at about 3000 RPM but making left turns onto busy roads requires patience. While traveling from Indiana to Arizona the Jetta did great on the highway. It will cruise at 80-90mph easily, it just takes a long time to get there. The 6 speed automatic transmission really helps make the most out of the low power. I think VW is capable of squeezing another 15hp out of this engine. The gas mileage is not too great for how little power the Jetta has. We average 26mpg (rural & city driving). Highway driving gets anywhere from 32-35. We had cruise control installed when we bought the vehicle (genuine VW parts installed at dealership). The lack of a center armrest is kind of annoying but not a big deal (higher end models have an armrest). Overall I think this is a great car for the price. Buying a Jetta with the 2.5 would probably solve all of my complaints with this car, however at that price I would rather move up to the Passat.

jetta

by jetta from la grange | February 11, 2014

i went by to test drive the jetta for our son, but to our surprise we werent allowed to test drive without a guaranteed sale! he actually wanted us to purchase the car before we test drove it! the owner said he just had the car detailed and we would get it dirty!!!!!! he has a binder he displays with excellent reviews from cars.com he kept showing me them i wonder if he wrote them himself and printed them for display i wouldnt be surprised.....lets see if this review makes his binder.....................

Great Car!

by Foreign Car Lover from Philadelphia, PA | February 9, 2014

This may be premaure. I rented a 2011 VW Jetta and absolutely loved it. And yesterday I bought one. And she's pretty. Day 2- and there's a snow storm. She handled so well, better than my previous car. Great price, quality car! I hope this feeling lasts. Satisfied.

Fun and comfortable.

by VWFan from Tampa, FL | February 4, 2014

I bought a CPO 2011 Jetta SE w/ convenience + sunroof in Dec 2013 with 29k. Loving this car for my daily 50 mile commute. Very comfortable and is great for passing cars on the interstate. Maybe I don't notice the difference because I never owned any previous Jettas but I think the car is sophisticated, clean and simple. Is it really that big of a deal that the dash isn't made from soft touch materials? I don't ever have a reason to touch the dash unless I'm cleaning it. I wasn't in the market for a compact sedan but the Jetta barely feels like one! Plenty of leg room in the front and back and the trunk is massive! A few things I'm dissatisfied with are; considering the price range for this car and that my last car, a 2002 Nissan Altima, had a MFD (Multi Function Display) I think the Jetta should have it on all models. I really miss having my MPG and distance till empty displayed. Another thing is my model comes with a touchscreen radio. While it looks nice, I don't see the function of it. It lacks navigation, a backup camera and any phone functions (and I'm okay without the features) so I just don't think it's necessary. My last issue I have is how loud the AC is after turning it up past 2. When summertime roles around here in Florida it's going to get pretty annoying. But overall I'm very satisfied with my car! I plan on keeping her around for a long time and staying in the VW family. (I think a TDI will be next!)

Excellent

by Alfaracer46 from Philadelphia area | January 26, 2014

Bought a 2011 Jetta 33k mile, for our son who is away at college. Very good all-around car. Responsive handling, good performance from the 2.5 5 cylinder, comfortable and useful interior, and very good build quality. We've had the car only about 2 months and no issues. Would highly recommend the Jetta, or any of the VW products!

Great!

by Young Professional from Houston, Tx | September 24, 2013

Bought a CPO 2011 Jetta SEL last month. It handles amazingly and has great features- navigation, Bluetooth, Sirius Radio, heated seats, etc! I have all of the features of a newer higher end car, without the associated costs. The only downfall is the antenna seems weak, if I go under an underpass or parking garage Sirius/Bluetooth audio cut out. The other snag is that the air conditioner is very loud on any setting over 2. Overall I love the look and feel- the price makes it even nicer!

Vwubbin

by Cdub504 from New Orleans | July 8, 2013

Like everyone else I love my se as well. Te two tone interior with the white gold metallic is sweet! There isn't anything bad I can say. Are you driving a car that puts a smile on your face? If not go try a jetta!