2012 Volkswagen Jetta

Available in 10 styles:  2012 Volkswagen Jetta 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

First and Last Jetta

by TDI owner from san mateo, ca | September 6, 2014

Lots and lots of detail and design flaws within the car: ~Both sun visors barely cover any sun, the passenger visor does not slide out- it's basically useless. ~Rattles everywhere! The subwoofer in the back is the biggest problem, it rattles even if I'm playing high quality music through bluetooth or auxiliary, I have taken the car to the shop and they said they can't do anything about this. i have to lower my bass settings to below zero. ~Weather seals of the door come off, which apparently is NOT under warranty, because a new part had to be bought. ~Seat position is uncomfortable and awkward ~Playing Bluetooth audio through the my phone crashes the computer system of the touchscreen ~Occasionally, once volume is shut all the way down, it wont turn back up; fixing this requires turning the car off then on again ~headlights go off often, even though they are manual, and there is no dashboard light that comes on to warn me even though I paid for a premium package.

Great little car

by stick lover from Libertyville, IL | August 15, 2014

Love the Jetta. Finding it on cars got us a great deal. The car handles very well, and gas mileage is very good. No complaints We wanted a manual transmission and there were few options. Jetta was the best.

One of the best cars I've ever owned

by TDi fan from Tucson, AZ | April 27, 2014

I bought my 2012 VW Jetta TDi Premium w/nav in October of 2013. Initially I was going for the Golf TDi, as I'm more of a hatchback fan, but one test drive in this car and I was sold. This is my first VW, the first of hopefully many VW products. This car feels very well made and the design looks as if it will stand the test of time. I love the features on this car. The Fender sound system is possibly one of the best sound systems I've ever experienced. The nav system is pretty slick. The only thing I would like is a bigger screen, but overall, the system works very well. This car also has the typical VW traits and features. It's fun to drive, handles well, the diesel engine rocks, all of the windows have auto up/down power windows, and my personal favorite, dial-a-position power sunroof. I highly recommend this car to anyone who is looking for a fun to drive car with great fuel economy and great performance.

i have issues with this car

by reviewer from canada | April 24, 2014

I drive a 2012 jetta 2.5, automatic. this car has been in and out of dealership. My first bad experience was at about 30 000km, when i tried to drive to work, as i got onto the highway, the car would not shift out of 3rd gear once it reached 60km/hr. I was stuck on the highway and had to wait for tow truck. After checking, the dealer said there was something wrong with the sensor, replaced it, and it seemed to fix that.. My second bad experience was at about 60 000km. I started to notice rough shifting a low speeds, whether i am downshifting or upshifting. Then one day, the check engine light came on, so i had to bring it in to dealer. Again, they said there's something wrong with computer sensor, replaced that, and fixed out. However, that was only about 3 weeks ago, and the same thing happened again just yesterday 4/23/2014. I will need to bring it in again, hopefully they can fix that. On top of this, the parts on this car doesn't fit very well, the plastic on the car body around the doors where it closes dont' fit, i've got a 1/2inch gap right now, and i can't push the plastic back in. The cover for the airbag on the A-pillar doesn't fit, it's got bits sticking out. The rear deck behind the rear seat rattles as the music is turned on. (A subwoofer is mounted under it in the trunk, i fixed this myself by stuffing clothing inside the trunk lid space between the deck and body) I can't imagine what will happen to this car once it goes past warranty...i'm desperately counting down on the days left until my lease expires so i can get a new car!!!

Good guy

by TJ from Rocky Mount | February 15, 2014

Hello my name is Tony, I recently found a Volkswagen Gli that i was very interested in an so I called about it. A great salesman name Darryl Radford looked out with a great deal and got me financed an out the door in no time! If youre interested in a Volkswagen of any kind get in touch with him thats a good guy! Thanks Keffer VW.

A Joy to Drive

by VW Crazy from Greenwood, SC | December 7, 2013

A VERY clean, smooth ride. Obviously a well maintained vehicle. Low mileage, clean interior, excellent safety features. Especially that the trunk can open from the inside! I had no idea but in addition to the other safety features, it can't hurt to have. A great deal for the money and an extremely pleasant buying experience overall.

Jetta Tdi Premium

by Max from El Paso, TX | October 5, 2013

After having my 2012 VW Jetta Tdi for a year I can honestly say its the best car I have ever had. I traded in my 10 Mustang for this car because I needed a car with better gas mileage. And I'm very impressed. I drive 12 miles to and from work and only fill the car up every 3 weeks. Other things I like is the Fender sound system, exterior styling and the 2 years of free maintenance from VW. Love the car.

Most confort and high tech car I've owned

by jetta man from san juan | September 29, 2013

Also owner of Jetta II and jetta IV Std. transmission. Now very happy with my 2012 Jetta VI (SEL). Best german car brand for the Price.

The world would be cleaner if everyone owned a TDI

by nubbster from Saskatchewan, Canada | September 28, 2013

I absolutely love this car! clean, quiet, powerful, amazing fuel economy, many comfort features, good styling! All the benefits of a hybrid plus power and reliability for thousands less!

Love this well built car (2012 Jetta TDI SE)

by AggieGuy93 from College Station, Texas | September 23, 2013

User submitted photo I bought a 2012 Jetta TDI SE with 26k miles on it. I just had my free 30k service done and I really like this car a lot. This car is very well built with quality parts. The Jetta TDI deisel engine takes a second to get use to because it does not break in for about 50k miles and learns how you drive. I am use to it now and it does not bother me. The engine may be small but it produces enough power for me with the turbo and diesel torque. All of this while sipping diesel at a crazy 32 city and 49 highway for me. I can go 630 miles on a tank and it only cost about 50 dollars to fill up. The DSG transmission is so smooth, and I can't feel the car shift. This car is so smooth on the road, and it is also very agile/ responds quickly. The exterior is sporty with the front air dam and looks futuristic. I hear people say the interior looks cheap, but in my personal opinion I think its fine. It's not a Bentley interior but it still looks quality and the seats are comfortable. The speakers in the 2012 Jetta TDI SE are absolutely horrible. That's the only main issue with the car. This car standard has features like leather, heated seats, and a heated windshield fluid. Also this Jetta TDI is a compact car but it has plenty of room for me and I am 5'11 235lbs. Also I love the care free maintenance but the first one I have to pay for at 40k is 650$ plus 350$ for something with the DSG. Thats crazy. All that said I bought this 2012 Jetta TDI because of the quality, reliability, MPG, and I feel like I got what I asked for and much more.