2014 Volkswagen Jetta

Starting MSRP

Overall

You Jetta Believa

by Jetta Newbie from San Antonio, TX | August 6, 2014

Needed a new car for my 100 mile round trip commute everyday and I couldn't be happier with my 2014 Jetta TDI. I chose the next-to-the-top trim which includes a sunroof, Fender 6-speaker system (which totally rocks, btw) touchscreen satttelite/6-CD radio and bluetooth/Ipod connectivity. I've put on 7500 miles on it in 3 months with a combination of about 75% highway and 25% city and consistently get 35-40 mpg. I was very surpised by the snappy pickup and handling from the turbo 2.0, lots of fun to drive while rocking out to Hair Nation on the satellite radio. Larger than expected truck and backseat. I'm a large guy and the only minor complaint is entering and exiting the vehicle. Once you're in though, there's plenty of leg and headroom. A/C system is a bit on the noisy side, but I'll trade in a little noise for an efficient system anyday here in the San Antonio heat. The extended free maintenance (5 years) and warranty (7 years) were also big factors in choosing the Jetta TDI as this is my first diesel. Overall it has exceeded all expectations.

Once was a Japanese enthusiast....

by The Fish Lady from Monument Beach, MA | July 19, 2014

I recently purchased the Value Edition Jetta TDi and I am quite taken with the 'value' in this car. I am going through a mid life crisis and wanted to find a car that was fun to drive again now that my child is all grown up and I don't need a mommy wagon any more. I have always loved Japanese manufacturers for their reliability and their practical styles, but couldn't get both fun driving and good fuel economy in the same car on any of the models I drove. I searched for months for just the right vehicle. I still have my mommy wagon so the need was not rushed. But it got quite frustrating over that time. Then my son suggested I try the TDi since it has spunk and gets excellent fuel economy. Well, he was right! The diesel engine is quiet and not at all like old school diesels of the past. The body feels solid and the car feels heavy which makes me feel safe behind the wheel. I am enjoying having a standard transmission, the 6 speed is something new for me. I am averaging 46 mpg, and that is impressive in itself but the thing I am really sold on is the pick up this car has when needed. I forgot how fun driving can be. The value edition has all the bells and whistles I need and so far I only have issue with the sedan part, as I can't quite fit everything in the back of this car. I wish I could have spent the exte $5000 for the wagon but all in all, its a great car.

Volkswagan Jetta

by Raj from | July 10, 2014

I test drove this car. Fantastic and I liked it. I almost got this car but my wife needed additional gadgets. I went for basic SE model. I will wait for a month and I will buy. I went to Nalley Volkswagan of Alpharetta, GA. Great people and no pressure. The sales Manager Mr. Scott was great. Customer satisfaction comes first. He gave me a fantastic deal. I strongly recommend and go and see Mr. Scott. He will give you the best price which you cannot get anywhere..

Enamored with the Diesel Jetta

by Princess Di from Central New York | June 26, 2014

My new Jetta is averaging 38 miles an hour, has a quiet , comfortable ride, a huge trunk, and plenty of back seat space. It is the Value Edition and has everything I need and more. The heated seats are standard but will come in handy in our Central New York weather. Volkswagen has a great warranty which made a big difference in my decision. It has a sturdy but sporty feel. I just love it!

2014 SE 1.8T 5MT with Connectivity and Sunroof

by Matt from Naples, ME | June 19, 2014

I'm loving this car!!!! I constantly get 36+mpg into the low 40s.... This is a great value! Go look!

My best car yet

by Likes my car from Pittsburgh, PA | June 6, 2014

I would recommend a VW Jetta to all my friends. I love the way it drives and the gas mileage. It is an extremely good looking car and the interior is very comfortable. Very affordable, well-built and reliable car.

Jetta SE 1.4

by Boomer from Augusta, Maine | May 19, 2014

Bought 2014 Jetta SE without added options which got me the 1.8 L Turbo with 5 Speed Stick. Very nice power, last tank we got 38.5mpg mostly rural state highway driving. Test drove the TDI Value edition which was a bit more expensive, but the TDI Value edition lacked the leatherette seating and had the base model interior. I'm 6'1" and find it comfortable to boot.

Great little car

by Mike from Carmel New York | May 16, 2014

42 miles per gal of diesel. I like the car alround I'm saving a lot of money in fuel almost making my payment with my savings

Love my car!!!

by Palmtree151 from Rockford,IL | May 9, 2014

Just wanted to say I love my 2014 VW Jetta!! The salesman was super in helping me pick out the right car for my needs! Once we took it for a test drive I knew it was the one. I plan on driving this car for a long time and the 5 star safety was a sure seller. I feel comfortable driving the car and I know everyone else is too! So it's a winner in our book.

A really great value

by McLovin from Philadelphia, PA | May 4, 2014

I purchased a 2014 Jetta TDI three weeks ago and am really impressed. Originally, I didn't even have the Jetta on my "considering" list, but after a test drive I was hooked. Went from a large gas guzzling SUV to the Jetta and just love it. I was getting around 14mpg combined with my prior SUV and am now getting 36 city and 48 highway. I was a bit leary of a diesel and thought it would be sluggish and loud to drive. Having driven it for a few weeks, I am really surprised how quick the car really is. Pulling out in traffic or passing on the highway is quick and easy. As for the noise, at idle you can tell it is a diesel but not that much more than the gas version. On the highway their is no diesel sound and very little wind noise. The final thing I really like is the ride. It is very controlled with the normal highway bumps barely being noticed. To sum, the Jetta TDI gets fantastic gas mileage, is quick and easy to drive.