2015 Volkswagen Jetta

Starting MSRP

Overall

2015 Jetta Sport 1.8T

by First new car from Northern California | January 22, 2015

My wife and I were shopping for a car to share. We live in an urban environment and needed something more compact to street park, but also big enough to start a family. We looked at a lot of Acuras, a Buick, and a Lexus but I wasn't able to fit inside of any of them (I'm 6'3" with a long torso). My head hits the top of any car that has a sunroof, apparently. We sat in the VW GLI (has sunroof) and that didn't fit, either. We really liked the Jetta Sport trim - it's priced less than the highest end SEL trim, but provides a lot of great features, like upscale rims, sport suspension, backup camera, heated mirrors/seats, as well as navigation (which admittedly is just so-so). The car looks great and sporty, and the 1.8T engine is plenty peppy for getting around the city and maneuvering on the freeway. Best part is I fit very comfortably and passengers in the back also don't hate their time in the car (good space). Trunk is huge - enough for 4 passengers and their suitcases. We also opted for the upgraded lighting package, which comes with bi-xenon lights. It's my favorite feature - they're super bright at night. The daytime running lights are sharp too. Only knock so far (almost 1000 miles in) is the windshield wipers click unexpectedly on intermittent. I think it's an issue with the factory wiper relay. I'm going to bring it into the dealer to have it fixed under warranty. Other than that, no problems, and we LOVE this car. Great overall value for the price.

2015 Jetta

by Doc JD from Reading, PA | January 9, 2015

I had a 2012 Jetta TDI--deficiencies were poor rear suspension and therefore a bouncy ride, fatigue from manual transmission and the noise of the diesel. The 2015 SE with connectivity has been wonderful. The 1.8 turbo with automatic has been smooth and has more than adequate power. The engine is so quiet it is hard to hear it. Except for 1st to 2nd gear, the automatic shifts smoothly and the autoshift works perfectly when I choose to shift manually. The ride is very comfortable with the upgraded rear suspension. It has only been a short while, but I am very pleased so far.