2006 Volkswagen New Beetle

Available in 3 styles:  2006 Volkswagen New Beetle 2dr Hatchback shown

Overall

Great Little Car

by New Bug from Bolingbrook, IL | July 11, 2014

I just bought a 2006 and it's my 3rd bug (and 5th VW). I do love them. So much fun to drive and very reliable. From past experience I know I will have electrical problems but still love this car.

Pay attention to the electrical problems

by jvln09 from Greensboro | March 28, 2013

First of all, I love my bug. I really, really do. I bought a 2006, 2.5 WV Convertible New Beetle and it's an absolute joy to drive and to own, However, do not ignore the fact that the headlights/electrical problems will show up. I've had this car for a month and it has already gone to the shop for electrical problems revolving around the headlights. If you don't mind spending $250 every time you go in for this (as of March, 2013), then this car is for you. Also, another electrical problem WILL come up, and that's the side mirrors. Mine are not working ALREADY. I haven't even talked about it with the mechanic, since it's really not a priority right now. With that being said, I can't stress enough how glad you'll be to own this car. It really is a dream car, but just except it NOT to be perfect.

AWESOME:)

by VW Beetle Convertible Colorado Lover:) from Colorado | July 14, 2012

Neal, Curtis, & Pete are the most patient, friendly, accommodating professionals we've ever done business with. We've shopped numerous dealerships for one year & after one hour with these guys at 5 pt Auto Group, we were convinced that this was where we wanted to spend our money:) and we did!!!They even loved our dog:) :) We will go back to these wonderful guys for our next vehicles:) :)

50 MPG Hwy.

by pete from Miami | January 13, 2012

Best car I have ever purchased. TDi, Ttronic 6 spd. I would not have purchased it if it where 2.5 gas but would have bought it 2.0 turbo gas. hit 40 MPH manualy throw it in six and bring the speed to 38 MPH and you can cruise at over 50 M.P.G. with 4 oz. of Marvel mystery oil for every 10 gal. of Diesel fuel. mine has 60K.(Last Diesel beetle 2006.) This one will pass away with me, (I believe). oil change gets expensive if you buy Castrol VW oil 505. I use 4 quarts Rotella T6 Full Synthetic 5W40 and one quart of Marvel Mystery oil in crankcase. Also 50 M.P.G HWY. under 70MPH. and better performance if you could buy off road Diesel. (dyed diesel.) Still on Factory Brakes: new evaporator(costly) easy Fuel Filter Replacement, and oil change (do it myself)

best car iv'e ever owned

by beetle lover from fort lauderdale, florida | January 2, 2012

I love this car so much, it brought me so much joy and happiness. I had a 5 speed and it was in good shape . The condition was perfect and I would advise all my friends and family member to get a Volkswagen.

vw bug is great

by joe from planation fl | February 18, 2011

i purchased 2006 grey vw beetle with a black cloth top in 2008 because i have drive an hour to work every night and my truck was killing me on gas. the vw bug has great gas milage and rides very smooth. the only con about this car is it looks a little girly but once you drive it you will fall in love with the car.

VW Bug

by VW Bug Fanatic from Shrewsbury NJ | September 24, 2010

LOVE IT! I've always wanted a VW Bug and finally got one - it's "certified pre-owned" and I love it. there were a few problems but the dealership fixed all for free. I can even play my iphone songs through the speakers. Sounds solid - doors/trunk. Rides like a truck - solid. love it!

Big Fan!

by Buggy from Texas! | September 12, 2010

This was my 4th go around in purchasing a bug! I love em!!!!! The best way to describe them is like driving a very very exspensive sports car with all the bells and whistles. The 06 2.5 has awesome zip get up and go. entering the freeway no problem with the passing gear cruise on by. Great around town car. Grocery shopping? pop the convertible load all those bags in and get on down the road feeling good. This is a fun fun fun car to own and drive. Cold weather...love those heated seats. I cannot tell you how many times people have commented on my bug. VW service has always been top notch. I will have another!

Diesel Queen

by Apfel from Gilbert, AZ | September 3, 2010

I love my little Beetle, but it was too expensive for being a 4 year old car. I am not sorry I got it, but I don't think I'd pay $18,000 for it if I had it to do over.

2nd Childhood!

by Cherylcat from Benicia, CA | December 4, 2009

I had a Bug in the late 70's ~ ' 78 Candy Apple Green Super Beetle ~ the love of my life in spite of fuel injector catching on fire, ha! My husband bought me a new '06 New Beetle Convertible, Aquarius Blue, gray soft top for my big 5-OH! It is now the love of my life. Yeah, there's all that nostalgia, but it is so much more - The 2.5 L engine gives it that Turbo kick and it's stupid-fast on the road. Drives like a race car, pinches gas money like a miser, and the shift on the fly provides plenty of torque when you need it. Leather interior lends style and comfort, power roof purrs through it's tasks with ease. I have XM, so add some geezer rock stations to your drive, drop the top - shades on, collar rolled up and it's heaven on 4 wheels AND a facelift. I've had 0 maintenance issues and 100% good times driving my blue baby, so 2 thumbs up. And - just a word to the warning: 90 feels like 55 mph, so watch for cops, ha!

Featured Services for this Volkswagen New Beetle