2009 Volkswagen New Beetle

20 city / 28 hwy

Overall

Fun Car!

by Lady Bug from Yuma Artzona | December 17, 2012

I'm 73 years old and have owned two bugs in my life and decided I needed to own a Beetle Convertible. We searched and searched and found the perfect one. It's a gecko green, 2009, convertible with tan leather interior and tan top. It has everything possible on it. It has been maintenance free so far and I've owned it 6 months.

New Beetle is really a fun car to drive

by Bug Lover from Indiana | September 1, 2012

We recently purchased a good used New Beetle convertible from a local dealer. It had about 23k miles on it. We purchased it for my wife. She absolutely loves it! It is a blast to drive. Very sporty and handles very well. It has the 5 cylinder 6 speed automatic transmission so it quickly gets up to speed. It is our first convertible and now most of the really hot summer days are behind us, we drop the top down and thoroughly enjoy ourselves. The car is small on the outside but roomy for 2 on the inside. There is a backseat but not much room. If you are an import buyer than you may want to take a look at the New Beetle made by Volkswagen.

Great car!

by Pjt from TN | July 16, 2012

Traded down from an 8 seater SUV- love the gas mileage! Great pick up and handling, back is small, but not unusable. I still need to buy groceries for 5 and was concerned they wouldn't fit in the trunk, but they do! Convertible trunk was too small but hatchback trunk is great! It is a little loud when starting up, radio is ok, not great.

Love it but...

by Luvinthetopdown from Outer Banks | November 13, 2011

I do really like this car. It is fun to drive, gets good MPG, looks cute. But I do have a minor complaint or two. The visibility out the back with the top down leaves something to be desired for those of us who are not particularly tall. With the top up there are still significant blind spots. Also what's with the access to the trunk? You hit the release and then scratch the car everytime you try to get your hand under the lid. Shouldn't there be some kind of protective pad so you can lift the lid without constantly marking the body in that same spot? I'm not taking off my ring everytime I want to raise the trunk. I also think the paint job is a little thin. I see chips in the hood/door jambs that really shouldn't be there. Only 4/5 stars.

cool car

by ragtop owner from Bellows Falls, VT | May 2, 2011

For my first new car I purchased a New Beetle convertable. It's such a fun car to drive! It's so not like the old Beetles... it's a real car. Comfortable. Smooth. Quiet. Reliable.

Not a Fan

by Kelly from Albuquerque, NM | February 4, 2011

I had a 2009 VW Red Beetle for 2 years. I did not like it. I bought it for the cute and retro exterior, and really, that was the only thing that was good about it. For such a small car, I was not impressed with the gas mileage. The shape of the hood made it very susceptible to cracks and dents from rock in the road. Within a month or two from purchase, it was already giving me problems, and the technicians at VW were very dishonest. They would tell me to fix a problem would be $500 for the parts alone. I took it elsewhere, and was told it was only the alignment. I felt I spent too much money for what I got on this vehicle.

2009 VW convertible

by Rig from South Carolina | April 7, 2010

I have owned a 2009 convertible for about a month now and my wife and I love the car. It is so much fun to drive and handles great. The thing that surprised us is that it has so much room inside. The back seat is mostly a storage bin but the front seats are just as comfortable as the BMW 645 we sold about a year ago. It is a really good car on the interstate and fun in town. We get about 25 miles to the gallon in our normal driving. I recommend.......Rig

2009

by KSM from Idaho | August 15, 2009

The limited production Blush edition Beetle is an excellent car. Good performance and economy from the 6 speed automatic that compliment a cabin filled with leather and a long list of features. The standard leather boot for the top and wind screen make for a fun top-down driving experience. Allot of value for the money - not to mention the no cost maintenance for three years...

Great Vehicle

by Bug Lover from Baltimore Md | October 6, 2008

I love my bug. best vehicle I ever owned. I bought it new. Researched several vehicles before I purchased this one. Great value for the price. 3 years free maintenance is a plus.

Featured Services for this Volkswagen New Beetle