2010 Volkswagen New Beetle

20 city / 28–29 hwy

Overall

Red Rock Edition VW Beetle Rocks

by VW fan Kevin from Bothell, WA | January 15, 2014

I was initially looking for a 3-4 year old GTI or Golf, but in my price range they were all high mileage. Also, I kept running into rebranded (totaled rebuilti and then retitled) GTIs so I wonder if a lot of people are lured into driving beyond the car's and own driving abilities. I wanted something $15K or less, with less than 50K miles. When I expanded my search to all VWs this popped up. If you like VWs and don't need 4 doors, this is a great car for singles or childless couples. For the same amount of money this had lower mileage (28K) and it looked like new. Ir replaces a 1989 VW Cabriolet. Though I will miss not having a convertible, this has a sunroof, and is a kick to drive. It has more power and pep than the old Cabriolet, AT, power everything, and a good stereo. Though it does not have Bluetooth or direct iPhone/iPod connectivity or USB port, it has a line in mini jack. Still works great with that. 5 cylinder 2.5L engine is pretty smooth but not quite the same hum and feel as the older 4 cylinder. But it has punch when you need it and gets up to speed with little effort. The AT shifting is smooth. Road noise is a little higher than I'd like at highway speeds, do not know if it is due to the original OEM tires and wheels, or just poor soundproofing in the body. Seats are quite comfortable, and tilting the front seats forward for back seat access is quick and easy. Access to the front seats is excellent. My wife occasionally needs to transport her mother to doctor appointments and it was very easy getting her in and out of the front seat from a wheelchair because the door opening is wide and low to the ground. Wheelchair when folded fit fine in the trunk area. Small nit: the release for the trunk does not pop all the way. It partially unlatches, you have to pull the trunk lid up a little, click the trunk unlock again, and it fully releases. Have not checked with dealer to see if I am doing something wrong or if this is something that is easily fixed. Guys, if you are worried that this a "chick's" car, put some nice wheels on it that are more rugged than cute. Shortly after buying this, my sister bought a new 2013 Beetle convertible. She likes hers a lot too.

Thanks, Jimmy!!

by chihuahuans from Quantico, VA | September 28, 2013

we went to see the car and took test drive, the car is so cute and inside is so clean and not stink at all. And the mostly good point is the car sales advisor Jimmy, he didn't push me to buy but a so nice and kind person. So, we decided to but this car because of him. Thanks a lot, Jimmy..you are the best.

Old guy, Old style

by Michael from Denver, Colorado | July 20, 2013

I am an old guy and this is my 5th convertible. The Beetle is not a sports car, but living in Colorado front wheel drive Convertibles are few. Mine was a lease return with 21,000 miles. I took it to the mountains and was inpressed with the performance of the motor and transmission. I have read complaints about the rear view. I just adjusted the seat up and have no problems. At 75mph in the mountains I got 29.3 mpg. The heated seats work great and the car is fun to drive in my opionion. Hey, it's a Beetle, I bought it. :-)

lala

by teddy from New York, NY | May 11, 2011

this car is amazing i abolutely loooovve it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It has great milage and it is very useful in daily life yaaaa man it is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love it but.....

by Volkswagen owner 3rd time from Pasadena Ca | March 20, 2011

So far, I love the 2010 Volkswagen New Beetle. The gas mileage though is bad! The interior is very nice, it's quiet, smooth and well made.

Great small car for a tall guy

by Beetle Guy from Chicago | February 15, 2011

This is the second New Beetle I have owned. It is a great car for really tall drivers and passengers. I am 6' 9" tall and there are very few small cars I can be comfortable in. The curved roof of the New Beetle is great. I have several inches above my head and the seat moves way back. The 2.5L gives great performance and acceptable gas mileage (30 mpg on the highway. Leather interior on the 2010 is great. Very comfortable on long trips. Car is fun to drive and great conversation starter. We got ours in bright yellow.

its a shame vw stopped making this car

by Sue from Palmer, AK | October 13, 2010

i got a brand new bug and I love it. It is the cutest little thing I ever seen. It rides very well and it has a lot of pickup for such little car, its much faster than my old car a 2005 Toyota Camry.

Fun to drive

by Red Bug from Bellevue, WA | April 24, 2010

This is my second bug convertible. There are small issues with the auto up windows, but overall the car is fun to drive, comfortable and more practical than it looks. People still smile when they see a new beetle convertible and tons of people relate their, "I used to have one in.....

An uncomfortable, but okay car

by Sports Car Enthusiast from New York, NY | February 1, 2010

If you're looking for comfort, this is not the right car for you. This car runs smooth, but i have had some problems with mine.

Featured Services for this Volkswagen New Beetle