2007 Volkswagen Passat

2007 Volkswagen Passat
Available in 9 styles:  2007 Volkswagen Passat 4dr FWD Sedan shown

Overall

Makes me miss my beater BMW

by NickSF from San Francisco, CA | June 7, 2014

About 2 months ago, I left my 1993 525i for this 2007 Passat 2.0T sedan with 51k miles, which I thought would be perfect for the city and it would be cheaper to maintain than my BMW. So far, the car has had unresolved brake issues and a check engine light came on for the mass airflow sensor. All so far costing me $700 to fix. The light just came back on for the Intake Manifold, but now it's luckily something covered under a Volkswagen warranty. The car takes premium (91 octane) fuel which is something to consider, it doesn't bother me much though. The Passat is very comfortable inside, the seats are superb and the fit and finish is on point with Audi, actually it shares a lot of components with the A4. The trunk is nice and wide and has a helpful cargo hook, I'm also really in love with the umbrella holder in the driver's door. The car drives very comfortably and it's pretty quick even with just the 2.0T, it returns good MPG numbers, not mind-blowing, but average 20-22 MPG. The one piece of the car that has been bugging me lately is the plastic-y chrome by the shifter, if the sun shines on it, it will go right in your eyes when driving, not the best idea for interior design, something to think about. I really love my car, I do think that I will avoid Volkswagen and Audi in the future though, I'm getting somewhat nervous about my experience so far, but I'm hoping it is just this car and I was just unlucky.

3rd passat...

by Passat#3 from Roanoke, VA | December 14, 2013

This is my 3rd vw passat.. I totaled my last passat (2005 GLS 1.8t) and it's remarkable safety saved my life, so I vowed to always drive a VW. This passat (the b6) is the best passat made. It was VW's flagship sedan at the time, and was priced a little bit higher than other 'competitors'. this is why they now have the passat CC and the regular passat which are priced 10,000$ apart (the 12' passat is not as nice as the 06-10'. they took some standard features and put them in the CC instead to 'economize' the passat. The CC is now VW's flagship so the 06-10 passat shares more features with the new cc than the new passat). Some notable standard features on this passat that are NOT in the new passat are the cool push-button style key (the new one has the switchblade key), and the push button parking break. also, the trunk design is much nicer in this passat than the new passat (my vw's have always had exceptionally nice trunks). and exterior/interior styling is much more luxurious AND sporty in my opinion. Its the little things that make the biggest differences. So that is why I purchased this car specifically- It is the best used vw you can buy. I also wanted the 3.6 liter, as I had a few problems with my old VW turbo and v6 engines tend to be more reliable.. Not to mention, it is a powerhouse!!! 280 HP and sport mode!! Sport mode is every driver's dream. With this cars 6-speed transmission, I'm telling you this is the fastest and most fun car I've ever driven! including dads E350!! And it hugs the road like any VW should!! excellent driving car. The traction control is exceptional as well. (but you GOTTA buy good tires. I have the 18" rims, and they dont come cheap! but they make a huge difference) As far as reliability goes, I bought the 3.6 luxury edition flagship whatever. the fancy one. All the bells and whistles, except for nav. As with any car, these extra bells and whistles WILL EVENTUALLY GO OUT unless you want to constantly pour money into them. as an example, I have had my Tire Pressure Monitoring system disconnected, because as cars age, those sensors need replacement or they will always read 'low pressure'. Its easier to just lose it than to fix it. Also, I have had an airbag light come on and need to replace a wiring harness. that is the only issue I have had with this car. I have read many negative reviews about this car, but they are all related to sensors and stuff. This car is equipped with 3x the amount of 'sensors' as my old car was. It senses tire pressure, rain on the windshield, weight in the seats for the airbag.. it even automatically dims your rear view mirrors when cars are behind you at night. After 100,000 miles or so, you're probably going to have a small problem or two with some of these sensors! thats just life. Overall, I bought this car because it has a reliable drivetrain, gets decent gas mileage, driving it is better than going to disney, and I love VW. If you are looking for those things, this is the car for you. I do HATE the iPod interface system. Its lame

my 1st Volkswagen

by family sportscar from Farmington, Utah | September 11, 2013

So far, with this being the first Volkswagen I have owned, I am very impressed. Excellent acceleration, smooth turns, very quiet inside, and it looks good.

Great Car in the VR6 4motion Wagon

by PatEVW from PA | February 20, 2013

A Great car that I really do love. Its interior styling (mine has the wood inlays with a darker tan interior) is fantastic to start off with. It is a comfortable and very upper class cabin, the seats are also very comfortable on the few road trips ive taken it on. The VR6 has fantastic power, its not overwhelming but is fantastically suited to the car and the 4motion both in the winter and on the road in General is both confidence inspiring and provides a handling level that is found in many higher class cars (on the level of luxury brands) The Wagon is Fantastic and with the options that i have on the car is more on the level of practicality that people look for in SUV's. It has plenty of space in the truck and the seats can fold down. I love this car, it is a special experience on the road because i have never had a moment where i was wanting more than the car could deliver. It always do est what you want it to do and delivers a great mix of power, comport and overall look that people realize as a little conservative but also classy and despite its age still looks great on the road.

Great Machine

by VW Lover from Long Island, NY | October 1, 2012

I bought my Passat 2 years ago and still never get tired of admiring the cars beauty. The car is very spacious and comfortable. Even with the 2.0T motor, I've been able to top this car out at 135 mph many times with ease. But my favorite part of this car is the fuel consumption I've been able to get when I drive very conservatively. If I drive 55 mph on the highway I'm able to get 40 mpg. Great car I definitely recommend it.

passat

by VW convert from new York | September 4, 2012

Bought the passat because I always loved tha the 2006 2011 styling. All the reviews i read were spot on. Had the car six months no major issues. The v6 is great but get much more than i thought from the 2.0 turbo I would buy a VW again

BEST VALUED ALL WHEEL DRIVE 3.6 L SPORT WAGON

by NWOMAN from Pacific NW | August 20, 2012

The VW 3.6 L Wagon is the best value and the most attractive wagon ever made. It has the German engineering, quality, ergonomics, seat comfort and styling at an affordable price. It can't be beat. The cargo room beats most SUVs on the market as well. We love ours and it has been extremely reliable.

Hunk of Junk

by Pick A Car from Kentucky | August 2, 2012

We bought a 2007 Passat Wagon used with 43000 miles on it, clean carfax, good price. We had nothing but but regret. After one year and 10000 more miles, cosmetic things started happening such as...the black covering over the window and lock buttons peeled off, the backseat armrest broke, all of the doors on the storage compartments started breaking. I found the breakdown of all these things pathetic. After one year and another 10000 miles, the car just started falling apart. The air-conditioner stopped working, some part of the turbo engine quit working, etc. We got rid of this car as fast as we could and took a big hit on the trade-in value. Also, it never got near the gas mileage it was supposed to get (which was the reason we bought it)...we averaged 22.9 mpg in mixed driving; it was too tight to drive (I prefer a much more luxurious ride); we always felt we were sitting on the ground; we found the car has lots of blindspots (particularly when changing lanes); and we found all of the remote and power buttons worked sporadically (the family jokes that the car was possessed). In this day and time, we find it unacceptable for a car to start falling apart and costing money at 65000 miles...especially considering we have a Nissan with 185,000 miles on it, a Toyota Tundra with 140,000 miles on it and a Toyota Highlander with 225,000...none of which have required anything but general maintenance and one air conditioning blower motor (that cost $200). WE WILL NEVER BUY A VW AGAIN. I would hope the newer VW cars are better built, but we certainly won't be buying one to find out.

good car

by justin from chattanooga, TN | May 28, 2012

i've owned honda accord 03 long ago and i just got vw passat 07 few weeks ago. it was a lot better than the one i had before. comfortable, fun to drive and most of all, the interior was awesome! 200 hp with turbo gives me enjoyable driving. must-have car!

mr

by teddy from new york | May 10, 2012

i bought my vw passat 2007 new 74000 miles .this car brakes down all the time .I cant take it any more .