2013 Volkswagen Passat

Available in 8 styles:  2013 Volkswagen Passat 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

It's been all good. TDI SEL

by tmlima from Massachusetts | June 18, 2015

I've owned it since new. I now have 42,000 miles on it. No problems. I'm getting about 44 mpg. I have not experienced any vibration when braking, as some other reviewers have stated. Very spacious, huge trunk. The navigation system is just ok. Fender system sounds great. Love the economy.

top of my list

by enjoys driving from east coast usa | June 10, 2015

i replaced a mb glk in june 2014 with a cpo 2013 passat s. with the new 1.8t engine coming online, i got a great deal on a 2.5. now almost 15k miles later im happy to report the passat is one of my favorite rides ever. no problems at all. it is simple yet elegant looking, with enough oomph, gets 25mpg suburban & 35 mpg hiway. i dont like fake or real leather, and use standalone satellite radio and navi units so the s model suits me well at considerable savings. it is huge inside. i want to find a reason to trade it and move on next year, i love cars, but i cant, i will hold on to the passat. it is 85% of the total german driving experience at 50% of the cost.

Love the turbo diesel

by Mark from Springfield Il | June 8, 2015

Love the power and mileage of my 2013 Passat tdi. Love my car. Don't love the fact I'm on my 3rd turbocharger. I have only 45000 miles on my car. Love the gas mileage. 45-50 in the summer. 38-40 when its really cold. If the turbo charger will hold up this time I will keep this car a long time. Very roomy. My daughter is 6 foot one and fits in the back with room to spare. Awesome

great car

by beare from Boston | April 29, 2015

I've had my diesel for 2 years and 44,000 miles with no problems except for interior noises. The dealer worked on the noises and found that the fuel filler pipe was rubbing on the fender. No big deal. they padded the pipe and no more noise. I'm getting about 39mpg overall and much higher mileage on the highway. I've had diesels before and rented them in Europe many times. Diesel fuel in the US is not always that pure so buying from a high volume station is a must. Old stale diesel fuel will run in big trucks but not in small engines so don't just buy on price alone. I'm looking forward to 100s of thousands of miles of great driving long after the hybrid owners have had to replace there expensive battery packs.

Reliable, great mpg, not very comfortable

by Rocky Mtn driver from Colorado Mountains | April 25, 2015

Bought a new 2013 Passat TDi SE 6sp manual, blue/black, best mpg average was 50mpg from Colorado to Ohio. I have 100,800 flawless miles, just 1 brake job, tires and oil changes, been a great car, starts every time even at 9,500 above sea level and temperatures from -20 to 75 degrees. Some interior panel noises but not too bad. Could use better speakers. On long trips the seats become painfully uncomfortable for front and rear passengers, with such a long range vehicle (18.5 fuel tank capacity) it is a shame the seat bottoms offer very little comfort. Does great going up steep mountain passes but if you lose your speed it takes too long to build up the speed again. No tow hooks for the front and rear!? I got stuck once in the snow and there was nothing to hook a tow rope to!

First VW in 40 years!

by Danny Boy from East Tennessee | December 31, 2014

The Passat is the first VW I've owned since my 66 Beetle. The room and styling of my Passat is very pleasing and the mpg has been very surprising. Mine has the 2.5 engine and is rated at 31 mpg highway but is doing even better than that. I am getting about 26 around home on country roads and on two highway trips of 180 miles and 550 miles, I am getting better than 35 mpg.

Great car Overall

by Florida Doc from Maryland | November 15, 2014

I have owned this Passat for about 2 years and it has been everything thing I expected. On a long haul I have been getting between 45 and 50 mpg. it is comfortable and I have nao had any major problems. The only gripe I have is with the navigation system. It really stinks. The maps appear to be out dated and, no matter what I do, the nav system wants to take the long way around, I always keep a Garmin GPS in the vehicle and I almost always use it.

Many Flaws

by PirouzK from Falls Church, Virginia | October 15, 2014

Good performance, Good looking car Very bad electronic systems. ** Touch screen Navigation is useless since it is very slow responding. ** Rear camera comes on after you have already taken off. One major mechanical problem that all the Passat have is the brake systems. After being in the shop for two times the car still vibrates when I step on the brake at high speed. I have talked to other Passat owners (2013-2014) and they have the same problem. Small and uncomfortable driver seat especially in long distance driving. I really liked this car before I realize all the flaws, but now am looking for something else next year when my lease is up.

Early review of 2013 Passat S

by JMCIII from Vermont | August 17, 2014

It's only been a few weeks, so I have no idea about reliability, but in general I'm please with my purchase. I'm still amazed (and wondering) how VW managed to allow so much room both inside the car itself, as well as the HUGE trunk. But needless to say, it's a blessing. I've found the front seats both comfortable and easily adjustable. The control panel is both well laid out and easily understood (though I am still trying to master all the information that you can get from the center menus). Took me a bit to find the owners manual - I've never seen a separate shelf hidden away above the glove box. The automatic transmission shift flawlessly (and I bought the car with 45,000 miles on it), and I enjoy the speed gear for getting the car into traffic when necessary, as the 2.5 5 cylinder engine isn't a speed demon - but for regular driving its fine. The car cruises so smoothly that it's easy to exceed the speed limit unless you pay attention. LOVE the Bluetooth. Car is generally quiet, though some road noise does make its way inside. My only real complaint thus far is, I wish it got better gas mileage (I came from a Toyota Corolla). Other than that, it's been everything I could ask for. Time will tell regarding its reliability.

Still feeling it out!!!

by Dorothea from Baltinore, Maryland | July 21, 2014

I had a Volkswagen Jetta and I decided go to a mid-size sedan, so I purchased a 2013 Passat. I have to say I like the drive, but I miss my Jetta. My Jetta although it was more upgrade and to me drove better. I hope that I can fall in love with my Passat as well. I only had it for a week and it has not giving me that I love this car feeling yet. I should have reconsidered selling my Jetta.