2014 Volkswagen Passat

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Best Car Ever Owned

by VW Enthusiast from Apopka, FL | July 24, 2014

Just love my new Passat TDI. We took a trip and the mileage was 40-45 miles per gallon even in the mountains. So comfortable and roomy. Glad we made the decision.

Surprisingly Happy

by Female Driver from Louisiana | July 7, 2014

Everyone, family & friends, thought we were crazy buying the VW Passat TDI Sel w/ Sun. & Nav., Diesel. Extremely happy w/ performance, styling, comfort & space, and mileage $$$savings! Only one question is there a difference in the color Opera Red and Claret? Paid higher, no deals cut, but worth every penny. After looking @ Fusion, Taurus, Sonata, Malibu, Impala, LaCrosse, we made the right decision. Husband wants to know if VW will make a P/U truck? VW Passat car package - BRILLIANT. .

Great Experience

by Lisa from Springfield, VA | June 28, 2014

Good Service and friendly staff. I would recommend this place to friends and family. I would be back to service my car here as well. Thank you for a great experience.

Great value and efficiency

by Jaydn from 95051 | June 19, 2014

A very elegant car, especially considering the reasonable price. German efficiency and refinement. I've gotten over 48 mpg on long highway trips and 34 overall.

Passat TDI

by Kevin from Yorba Linda, Ca | May 12, 2014

I could not be happier with the power and MGP. We recently got over 52 MPG coming back from a trip. I would highly recommend the car. Hopefully it will be reliable

Love my passat tdi

by passat girl from California | April 30, 2014

I purchased a 2014 VW Passat TDI on April 13th. I got 636 miles on the first tank of diesel which was all just city driving. I just re - fueled for my 2nd tank and can't wait to see how the mileage does. I love the exterior look of my car, the interior is roomy and comfortable for short or long drives. I get a lot of compliments from friends, family and coworkers.

Good, almost great

by VW Newbie from San Francisco, CA | April 19, 2014

Having had the TDI SE with sunroof for about a month now, 3 things I really notice: 1. The DSG transmission is really a drag. It shifts hard, lurches really, from one gear to the next esp at lower speed. It's not at all like a regular automatic transmission. I suppose some people get used to it. but I notice it a lot. I wish VW had a CVT or regular automatic option, even if it gave up some mileage. 2. The steering is really firm - I constantly feel like the car doesn't want to turn - I have to put way more effort into turning it than in my other cars. 3. The suspension is also very firm - firmer than needed in a big sedan. Wish it were a little more forgiving like a Camry or Altima. All that being said, the interior design is great, quality seems good, but there are a few small rattles here and there. When my lease expires I don't think I'll stay with VW unless there's a model that doesn't have these issues. Good luck.

2014 Passat TDI SEL

by Jimbo from Louisville, Oh | April 12, 2014

Owned the car for 7 months now and 7k miles. Roomy vehicle, better than the Volvo S80 we traded in. Mileage is great 38 mpg overall and 42 mpg at 80+ mph on the highway, 48 mpg at 73 mph. The only issue we have had is the tan seats with the suede like inserts. They have a blue tint to them from our jeans.

Almost there

by skip hard to please from Foristell, Mo. | April 9, 2014

Overall I like the car quite a bit. The new 1.8 turbo has good power but turbo lag occurs occasionally. Gas mileage is between 30 and 34 combined city and highway. Comfort and ride are good but arm rest not in a good position. I have had it a little over two months and have put on 2200 miles. I get quite a few compliments on the looks of the car but it still is missing a little something to make it great car.

Excellent car

by familyrosa from Edison, NJ | April 4, 2014

Love my new Passat. Couldn't be happier for the price & the status of car it works just well for me. Kids love it too because there is plenty of room for them. My husband is 6ft4in & he can drive it w/out any issues of feeling cramped & he can sit in back seat & has plenty of room if needed.