2015 Volkswagen Passat

2015 Volkswagen Passat
Available in 9 styles:  2015 Volkswagen Passat 4dr Sedan shown
Starting MSRP

Overall

TDI - great fuel economy, but that's about it

by Driving in New York from Upstate New York | June 20, 2015

Max Power from Boston pretty much covers it in their review. I've had my 2014 Passat TDI for about 9 months. Here's what I like: -Excellent fuel economy -Roomy interior -Roomy trunk -Bluetooth and rear camera work great The things VW could improve: -TERRIBLE ergonomics, as Max Power stated, it's a Jetta dropped onto a Passat frame. --The driver's seat is not centered on the steering wheel. Couple this with the odd placement of the gas pedal and I'm left in the most contorted position. --The front seats are small in general. Not deep enough nor wide enough for the size of the car. --The armrests (console & door) are not anywhere near where anyone's elbow might rest. --The gas pedal does not sit on the same plane as the brake and requires one to practically wrap their leg around the console to depress the gas. --There is one tiny slot one must find to pull the visor down, which happens to be in a spot I can never find. - The trunk light is covered once any groceries are added to the trunk, thus darkening the entire trunk -Constant black residue marks dripping down the sides of the car from the mirrors. Any time the car gets wet, there are ugly streaks down the sides of the car. - The car is TERRIBLE in the snow. This is my 6th front wheel drive car over a period of 20 years of driving in snowy Upstate New York winters. Prior to this car, i never had any trouble getting up my hill. This car is a pathetic performer in the snow. Only an inch or two of snow leaves me gambling on whether or not I will make it home from work. The slightest slope leaves this car spinning its wheels. I made it a point to visit the VW booth at the NYC Auto Show this year. The team staffing the booth could not provide any explanation for the odd seat position. I sat in the Jetta, which truly has the same seats and dash, and is far more comfortable, allowing access to the gas pedal without contorting oneself. I have never had such an uncomfortable car before. I'm surprised I hadn't noticed these things when I took the car for a test drive. I think it is because I've never encountered such odd situations with a car before. A few days of driving it, left me questioning the entire purchase. It's summer now, but I am searching for a replacement car before winter comes. In the meanwhile, my chiropractor sees more of me due to my twisted driving position.

Love the Passat TDI

by TouringFordor from Cincinnati, OH | June 2, 2015

My wife bought a 2015 Passat SE TDI in March 2015. She is 5'3'' and I am 6'3", and we both love it. It is spacious, and the low end torque of the diesel is amazing. We have 3700 miles on it, and the calculated MPG is 40, with mixed city and highway driving. The DSG transmission takes some getting used to after driving fluid coupled automatics, but it is great when you get the hang of it. Some people may not like the low shift points, so there is the "Sport" setting on the transmission to raise the shift points.

Excellent Customer Service at Keffer Volkswagen

by T&D from Huntersville, NC from Huntersville NC | May 27, 2015

We were extremely pleased with the customer service we received from Darryl Radford at Keffer Volkswagen in Huntersville, North Carolina. He made us fell welcome and did not pressure us into anything. We did not need an additional car. We were thinking about getting a new car down the road because we currently have two cars paid for. During a visit at Keffer Volkswagen we test drove a couple of cars and Darryl helped select the right car for us. We ended up with the Passat. We could not be happier. Darryl did a awesome job in winning us over as new Volkswagen customers. We look forward to seeing Darryl in three years when our lease is up so we can get a brand new Volkswagen. If you are looking for a nice, affordable luxury car and receive excellent customer service go see Darryl Radford at Keffer Volkswagen in Huntersville, NC.

A great value for the money

by An average Joe from Germantown, MD | May 17, 2015

I just bought my first 2015 Passat TSI and I am very pleased with it. I passed over great cars but the Passat was hard to pass by: value, quality and reliability is a wining combination. The driving is pleasant and the car handles excellently even though it is not a sports car. The drive on a highway, especially at high speed (I-70) at 75 mph is very smooth and comfortable for the back passengers who can really appreciate better the quietness of the ride. The engine performs flawless and the gears shift smoothly. The interior of the car is well appointed with the instruments well placed and easy accessibility The handle of the car is excellent and brakes with confidence. .

Worst mistake of my life

by TC-2015 Passat TSI SEL from Orange County CA | April 16, 2015

I've driven many Volvos, VWs, Mercedes, BMW, Jeep and so forth for just over 40 years. In the past I've purchased a new Volvo about every 2-3 years since 1974. Since the economy turned and I haven't bought a new car since 2006, I started looking around and found the 2015 Passat TSI SEL. It is beautiful and the legroom in the rear seat is awesome. I'm not a unusually tall guy 5'10 and weigh about 185. I've had this car since 3/5/2015 and have put about 1400 miles on it. The seats are hard as a rock. Now after only about 45 minutes of driving I have to stop. It has taken all of the joy of a new car away. I will be getting rid of this car as soon as I possibly can. It's a lease and I've made 2 payments but this car is going ASAP. I wish VW Corporate would offer some goodwill and replace these seats with something better.

LOVE my Passat

by LeslieBriar from Las Vegas, Nevada | April 10, 2015

I've owned 2 other volkwagens jettas in the past and I made the mistake of trading in my jetta for a scion tc. But I recently went back and got the 2015 VW Passat TSI SE 1.8 Turbo and it is the BEST decision I ever made. This car is worth every penny. It is luxurious, comfortable, quick and just everything I love. I've had the car for 3 months and I love the car so much that I already have 1900 miles on it. The main features that I love would have to be the heated seats, the interior, and the power of the car. it may be a 1.8 turbo, but its a quick little 4 cylinder. I highly recommend this car.

Great car!

by carlover from Atlanta | April 2, 2015

Awesome car! No rattles, drives great with that German road feel, very comfortable on long Atlanta freeway commutes. The back seat has tons of room and legroom. The sports mode on the automatic transmission is a lot of fun. All the buttons and controls have a soft touch and feel like quality. VW quality is great now also, the car is rock solid reliability wise. Am happy I bought it.

I love my Passt

by Pappu from Vernon Hills IL | February 17, 2015

I have recently bought my VW Passat 1.8 TSI SE with Nav. Initially went to buy VW Golf then ended up with the Passat because of the size. I love the interior not being too busy. Very simple and decent. Very fun to drive, I live in Chicago with the temp below zero the car never rattles when you throttle like other sedan do in this segment. never shakes in highway with the heavy wind. Very good torque with this small 1.8 engine for this big of a car. Suspension is smooth. Steering is very light. Made for America with German Engineering.

If you're a masochist, search no longer!

by Max Power from Boston, MA | February 3, 2015

I have owned the 2014 1.8t SE automatic Passat for a year and put 10k miles on it. I came from a 2012 Infiniti G series and have owned many cars over the years. I am an avid leaser. I am so mad with myself for not seeing the glaring design flaws of this vehicle during the test drive. Every time I drive it all I can think about are all the terrible things VW did wrong with it. I'll start with the positives. The back seat is enormous, as is the trunk. If you plan on transporting extremely large Shrek-like people and their luggage on a daily basis, and all you want to do is make your rear seat passengers happy, then this is your car. Also, the highway mpg is pretty good. You can get nearly 40mpg highway if you keep it under 65. Now if your sole desire isn't to please your rear seat passengers, but to actually take pleasure in driving your car, here's why this car is terrible. First of all, the car is a Golf/Jetta stuffed into a larger Passat. What they did was take the Jetta, and just add a few inches to the outside and the back. So you get the ridiculously small center armrest that holds maybe two 12oz cans of soda. Plus it is so low and far back that it barely functions as an armrest. And because they didn't just put the seat in-between the door an the middle of the car because then they would have had to actually spend some engineering dollars, the driver side door is so far away from the seat, there is no way any reasonably shaped person can use it - I am 6' tall. My whole left arm fits between the door and the seat. Also, the door has one handle and it is way up towards the front hinge, so when you open the door there is nothing to grip to keep it from flying open. The steering wheel is a weird shape and doesn't feel comfortable in your hands - my wife with smaller hands hates it. The stereo/nav is so low in the dash, that the top of it is below the mid line of the steering wheel, which means any time you want to look at the radio, you have to move your eyes all the way down and off the road - which is dangerous. Pretty much all modern cars have the radio up high. I almost forgot, the worst part about this car, is the center console that comes down where the shifter is. Remember when I said the car is a Jetta inside a Passat, well the driver's seat is so close to the midline of the car that it is impossible to drive the car without your knee constantly rubbing against the hard plastic center console. Also, the angle of the key and the ignition is about 45 degrees off so that you almost have to grip and turn the key twice to turn the car off/on. Can you believe that! I get in my wife's Highlander and the key and ignition angle is comfortable and ergonomic. Who would have thought they could screw that up too! As for the way it drives: Its ok. The engine is fairly punchy, smooth, efficient and quiet, but its ruined by the lazy and tall gearing of the automatic. And don't even think about the manual. Its notchy and has zero feel. If you want a manual, get the Accord. Its one of the best I've tried. The ride is generally compliant and composed on the highway, but any quick hustling gets the big back end of the car swinging around and it makes you pretty nervous to do any spirited driving. Like I said, if you want to drive around large people in your backseat comfortably over long distances, this is your car. As for reliability, I have had the car in to fix a faulty oxygen sensor, faulty windshield washer fluid sensor that thought there was no fluid, the rearview camera works 70% of the time and the other 30% just gives an error message saying the rearview camera is not available at this time, just recently the driver's seatbelt sensor starts randomly beeping to get you to put my seatbelt on yet its definitely on, there is a weird noise from the engine every time you take your foot off the gas but the dealer says its the turbo over-booster letting off boost but it sounds terrible and no other turbo car I owned made that noise, and now there is a grinding noise in the front suspension every time I go over large bumps.

Valley Auto world Volkswagen Fayetteville, NC

by jdepew from Fayetteville, NC | October 29, 2014

Car is awesome. Nice features in the SEL TDI model and I am very please with my purchase and the performance of the vehicle. Erik Morales at Valley Auto World Volkswagen in Fayetteville is a very qualified and friendly person. Erik knows everything about VW and is an absolute pleasure to work with. One of the best car buying experiences I have ever had in my 30+ years of driving and purchasing vehicles. I cannot tell you how easy it was for me to walk in, discuss options and drive away! 1st time VW owner and VERY PROUD. He went out of his way to educate me, answer all of my questions and ensured all of my needs and concerns were addressed and taken care of. There are many “car salesmen” but Erik is so much more than that. He also has experience with VW Service Department and dealing with customers for years! Such a comforting feeling I have right now with this purchase of my 2015 Passat TDI SEL. Thank you Erik, it was a pleasure!