2015 Volkswagen Passat

Starting MSRP

Overall

I love my Passt

by Pappu from Vernon Hills IL | February 17, 2015

I have recently bought my VW Passat 1.8 TSI SE with Nav. Initially went to buy VW Golf then ended up with the Passat because of the size. I love the interior not being too busy. Very simple and decent. Very fun to drive, I live in Chicago with the temp below zero the car never rattles when you throttle like other sedan do in this segment. never shakes in highway with the heavy wind. Very good torque with this small 1.8 engine for this big of a car. Suspension is smooth. Steering is very light. Made for America with German Engineering.

If you're a masochist, search no longer!

by Max Power from Boston, MA | February 3, 2015

I have owned the 2014 1.8t SE automatic Passat for a year and put 10k miles on it. I came from a 2012 Infiniti G series and have owned many cars over the years. I am an avid leaser. I am so mad with myself for not seeing the glaring design flaws of this vehicle during the test drive. Every time I drive it all I can think about are all the terrible things VW did wrong with it. I'll start with the positives. The back seat is enormous, as is the trunk. If you plan on transporting extremely large Shrek-like people and their luggage on a daily basis, and all you want to do is make your rear seat passengers happy, then this is your car. Also, the highway mpg is pretty good. You can get nearly 40mpg highway if you keep it under 65. Now if your sole desire isn't to please your rear seat passengers, but to actually take pleasure in driving your car, here's why this car is terrible. First of all, the car is a Golf/Jetta stuffed into a larger Passat. What they did was take the Jetta, and just add a few inches to the outside and the back. So you get the ridiculously small center armrest that holds maybe two 12oz cans of soda. Plus it is so low and far back that it barely functions as an armrest. And because they didn't just put the seat in-between the door an the middle of the car because then they would have had to actually spend some engineering dollars, the driver side door is so far away from the seat, there is no way any reasonably shaped person can use it - I am 6' tall. My whole left arm fits between the door and the seat. Also, the door has one handle and it is way up towards the front hinge, so when you open the door there is nothing to grip to keep it from flying open. The steering wheel is a weird shape and doesn't feel comfortable in your hands - my wife with smaller hands hates it. The stereo/nav is so low in the dash, that the top of it is below the mid line of the steering wheel, which means any time you want to look at the radio, you have to move your eyes all the way down and off the road - which is dangerous. Pretty much all modern cars have the radio up high. I almost forgot, the worst part about this car, is the center console that comes down where the shifter is. Remember when I said the car is a Jetta inside a Passat, well the driver's seat is so close to the midline of the car that it is impossible to drive the car without your knee constantly rubbing against the hard plastic center console. Also, the angle of the key and the ignition is about 45 degrees off so that you almost have to grip and turn the key twice to turn the car off/on. Can you believe that! I get in my wife's Highlander and the key and ignition angle is comfortable and ergonomic. Who would have thought they could screw that up too! As for the way it drives: Its ok. The engine is fairly punchy, smooth, efficient and quiet, but its ruined by the lazy and tall gearing of the automatic. And don't even think about the manual. Its notchy and has zero feel. If you want a manual, get the Accord. Its one of the best I've tried. The ride is generally compliant and composed on the highway, but any quick hustling gets the big back end of the car swinging around and it makes you pretty nervous to do any spirited driving. Like I said, if you want to drive around large people in your backseat comfortably over long distances, this is your car. As for reliability, I have had the car in to fix a faulty oxygen sensor, faulty windshield washer fluid sensor that thought there was no fluid, the rearview camera works 70% of the time and the other 30% just gives an error message saying the rearview camera is not available at this time, just recently the driver's seatbelt sensor starts randomly beeping to get you to put my seatbelt on yet its definitely on, there is a weird noise from the engine every time you take your foot off the gas but the dealer says its the turbo over-booster letting off boost but it sounds terrible and no other turbo car I owned made that noise, and now there is a grinding noise in the front suspension every time I go over large bumps.

Valley Auto world Volkswagen Fayetteville, NC

by jdepew from Fayetteville, NC | October 29, 2014

Car is awesome. Nice features in the SEL TDI model and I am very please with my purchase and the performance of the vehicle. Erik Morales at Valley Auto World Volkswagen in Fayetteville is a very qualified and friendly person. Erik knows everything about VW and is an absolute pleasure to work with. One of the best car buying experiences I have ever had in my 30+ years of driving and purchasing vehicles. I cannot tell you how easy it was for me to walk in, discuss options and drive away! 1st time VW owner and VERY PROUD. He went out of his way to educate me, answer all of my questions and ensured all of my needs and concerns were addressed and taken care of. There are many “car salesmen” but Erik is so much more than that. He also has experience with VW Service Department and dealing with customers for years! Such a comforting feeling I have right now with this purchase of my 2015 Passat TDI SEL. Thank you Erik, it was a pleasure!

Drives well and great gas mileage

by Midas from San Diego, CA | October 21, 2014

Ok so here are my pros and cons for the car: Pros 1. Gas Mileage - incredible, am getting close to 600 miles on the tank (Diesel version) 2. Leg room - much more leg room in back than previous sedan 3. Very nice comfortable drive, quiet and good seat controls with lumbar support and you can save your seat settings which is great if you have more than one driver. Cons 1. No seat cooler, only seat warmers 2. No side or front or back sensors but does have a rear view camera 3. Short warranty, we purchased additional warranty and service plan. Overall very happy with the car, we have only had it a few weeks but satisfied with the pros of the car, would have been nice to have the other things listed above though, if not for the Diesel option we probably would have not purchased this car but getting double the gas mileage on other cars is a huge bonus.

Very nice car

by Car guy from South Mills, NC. | October 13, 2014

With time I'm sure this Passat will measure up as good or better than my Jetta I still have with 196000 miles on and still rolling along.

Elegant and great Drive

by Angie from New Orleans | September 17, 2014

Love the elegant line of this car .Comfortable ,great gas miles , just what you need for a great drive .

sell but no info

by wtb from Oklahoma City | August 25, 2014

all the dealers want to sell you this car none have any info for it they want you too take there word for it they say vw don't send any thing on it so I,ll wait