2015 Volkswagen Passat

Starting MSRP

Overall

Gas Pedal/ Leg Strain

by BJ from DC | March 25, 2016

I bought 2016 Passat 1.8, I do Have same leg pain, First time i took for test drive, I felt this problem, Sales man said because this is brand new, may be you feel like this , after some time it will be ok, but Its still there. I am think its mainly because of the gas pedal, it is mounted on floor, lts giving more strain on leg

Take a long test drive

by Regretful in Ohio from Cleveland, Oh | November 21, 2015

I have had this car for a few weeks now and I can tell this is going to be the most painful car I have ever had. I read the two reviews that discussed the messed up ergonomics and I just didn't pay attention during the test drive. There are so many design flaws that it takes away from what could be an extremely enjoyable car to drive. So here are the design issues to be aware of: - the windshield is sloped more then my 2008 and appears to be tinted less making night driving a challenge with the glare from oncoming traffic - the sloped window has made the door opening smaller, making it hard to get in, especially if the seat isn't all the way down - apparently VW engineers think Americans have big waists but tiny butts because there is all this extra space in the arm rest area that leaves you trying to not leave your arms hanging in space and designed a seat for someone without a butt. Trying to put your legs inside the bottom seat bolsters can be painful in several area - once seated you will see that you need a 6ft wingspan to reach the door handle to close the door? Speaking of the door, you have have good control of the door when opening it because of the wide swing path, it will easily hit whatever is parked next to you or it will close back on you - once in the seat you notice that you have to contort your left foot to put it on the footrest or put your leg on top of the bolster, which I do and it is causing a nerve to be pinched. On the other side, the brake and gas pedals are so off plane that I either practically break my ankle moving from the gas to the brake or I have to physically lift my leg up and back to get over tho the brake. Also, the gas pedal sits weirdly behind the center console so you have to contort your right foot to get to the gas. Speaking of the center console, it sticks too far out so in contorting your foot for the gas your knee is constantly rubbing the hard plastic on the console making my knee very sore by the end of my drive. I drive 40 minutes each way to work but my test drive was around 25 minutes so I didn't pick up on these issues and should have known better. I get out after my commute and walk like I have broken ankles. Buyer beware and pay attention.

Great Family Car

by Pappu from Vernon Hills | November 7, 2015

I had this car almost a year from now, So far no issue. Great gas mileage, Good for Family with a lots of room. Nicer audio, Good Looking, Huge fuel tank for long drives + German Engineering!! So far so good.

Amazing car for the money! SEL Limited

by B Lust from South Florida | November 1, 2015

Love my Passat! Has every available option. TSI 1.8 turbo engine. SEL Limited model. I love it because all the features come as standard on this model!! One quirk is the heated mirrors only work when its below 68 outside. I park outside and on my Lexus I had, I use the heated mirrors to remove any dew that might build up. Gas milage is AMAZING! Having a big tank on an economical engine is wonderful! Can get over 500 miles to a tank of gas! Drives so smooth and tight. Everything you touch you can tell was thought about! REAR SEAT LEGROOM is amazing. I'm 6' tall and I can sit behind my seat setting and have room between my knees and the back of the front seat. The build quality is so tight. My first VW and I hope its a great one!

Love this car....

by Bob from Lumberton, NC | October 23, 2015

I traded a 2006 BMW 550I for this car and have never looked back. The BMW was a great ride but the VW is everything as good if not better. I love the styling, rear seat room, styling, and overall ride. I have the TDI and the milage is between 38 and 40 on each fill-up. Would recommend this car to anyone even my Mom if she was still here.

Winner For The Retired

by Grandpa Gippy from King of Prussia, PA | September 6, 2015

Well I have now had my Passat for slightly over 4 weeks and must say I am very satisfied with the vehicle. and pleased with its performance. There are still many things I need to learn because I am an "elderly" old goat but still know what's going on in the world. The sales representative - T. Cook in this case was super, if there was anything he did't explain it was because I missed it. Seriously he addressed all of the major points about the car and to some extent pointed out where it differed from "luxury" cars. In addition, he was not the "typical" car salesperson, that is sell up $$$ to get a larger sale So I can honestly say he did a superb job with me. Finally, the car itself is great and I am enjoying it very much and when it is time for a new lease, I will say that I will go VW again T. Cook you did a great job thanks

TDI - great fuel economy, but that's about it

by Driving in New York from Upstate New York | June 20, 2015

Max Power from Boston pretty much covers it in their review. I've had my 2014 Passat TDI for about 9 months. Here's what I like: -Excellent fuel economy -Roomy interior -Roomy trunk -Bluetooth and rear camera work great The things VW could improve: -TERRIBLE ergonomics, as Max Power stated, it's a Jetta dropped onto a Passat frame. --The driver's seat is not centered on the steering wheel. Couple this with the odd placement of the gas pedal and I'm left in the most contorted position. --The front seats are small in general. Not deep enough nor wide enough for the size of the car. --The armrests (console & door) are not anywhere near where anyone's elbow might rest. --The gas pedal does not sit on the same plane as the brake and requires one to practically wrap their leg around the console to depress the gas. --There is one tiny slot one must find to pull the visor down, which happens to be in a spot I can never find. - The trunk light is covered once any groceries are added to the trunk, thus darkening the entire trunk -Constant black residue marks dripping down the sides of the car from the mirrors. Any time the car gets wet, there are ugly streaks down the sides of the car. - The car is TERRIBLE in the snow. This is my 6th front wheel drive car over a period of 20 years of driving in snowy Upstate New York winters. Prior to this car, i never had any trouble getting up my hill. This car is a pathetic performer in the snow. Only an inch or two of snow leaves me gambling on whether or not I will make it home from work. The slightest slope leaves this car spinning its wheels. I made it a point to visit the VW booth at the NYC Auto Show this year. The team staffing the booth could not provide any explanation for the odd seat position. I sat in the Jetta, which truly has the same seats and dash, and is far more comfortable, allowing access to the gas pedal without contorting oneself. I have never had such an uncomfortable car before. I'm surprised I hadn't noticed these things when I took the car for a test drive. I think it is because I've never encountered such odd situations with a car before. A few days of driving it, left me questioning the entire purchase. It's summer now, but I am searching for a replacement car before winter comes. In the meanwhile, my chiropractor sees more of me due to my twisted driving position.

Love the Passat TDI

by TouringFordor from Cincinnati, OH | June 2, 2015

My wife bought a 2015 Passat SE TDI in March 2015. She is 5'3'' and I am 6'3", and we both love it. It is spacious, and the low end torque of the diesel is amazing. We have 3700 miles on it, and the calculated MPG is 40, with mixed city and highway driving. The DSG transmission takes some getting used to after driving fluid coupled automatics, but it is great when you get the hang of it. Some people may not like the low shift points, so there is the "Sport" setting on the transmission to raise the shift points.

Excellent Customer Service at Keffer Volkswagen

by T&D from Huntersville, NC from Huntersville NC | May 27, 2015

We were extremely pleased with the customer service we received from Darryl Radford at Keffer Volkswagen in Huntersville, North Carolina. He made us fell welcome and did not pressure us into anything. We did not need an additional car. We were thinking about getting a new car down the road because we currently have two cars paid for. During a visit at Keffer Volkswagen we test drove a couple of cars and Darryl helped select the right car for us. We ended up with the Passat. We could not be happier. Darryl did a awesome job in winning us over as new Volkswagen customers. We look forward to seeing Darryl in three years when our lease is up so we can get a brand new Volkswagen. If you are looking for a nice, affordable luxury car and receive excellent customer service go see Darryl Radford at Keffer Volkswagen in Huntersville, NC.

A great value for the money

by An average Joe from Germantown, MD | May 17, 2015

I just bought my first 2015 Passat TSI and I am very pleased with it. I passed over great cars but the Passat was hard to pass by: value, quality and reliability is a wining combination. The driving is pleasant and the car handles excellently even though it is not a sports car. The drive on a highway, especially at high speed (I-70) at 75 mph is very smooth and comfortable for the back passengers who can really appreciate better the quietness of the ride. The engine performs flawless and the gears shift smoothly. The interior of the car is well appointed with the instruments well placed and easy accessibility The handle of the car is excellent and brakes with confidence. .