We've given this page a whole new look

View the new design

2015 Volkswagen Passat

2015 Volkswagen Passat
Available in 9 styles:  2015 Volkswagen Passat 4dr Sedan shown
Starting MSRP

Overall

Great value for the money 1.8 T wolf

by Big Ben from Machesney Park, IL: | August 25, 2016

I have had this vehicle for 1 year now and I am still impressed with it. This may sound like a lie but I just drove from Rockford to Grand haven Mi and back with lots of construction on 1 tank of gas. 11 hours of driving. My computer says 41.4 MPG. With the heated seats it helps from getting sore back. Great sound system for factory sound system. This car is quick when needed also. Lots of room. I sell cars for a living and have had many different units. I dont sell new ones so this is not an ad for VW. This is the best that I have had for all around performance and space. Very quite ride also. I know it doesnt look as sporty as some of the other models out there and the inside is fairly bland but that does not bother me at all. It has bluetooth and heated leather seats. I am a big fan...

Terrible transmission and turbo

by Hunter from Mesa, Arizona | August 5, 2016

Love the diesel engine - would buy that engine, after emissions fix, again any time. Terribly cheap transmission and turbo systems. We have owned other turbo charged cars and have never had a full one second or more delay before power kicks in. Transmission is better suited for a very small, cheap compact car. Would never buy that again. Sadly, I will give it back to VW when they begin their buybacks in October.

It is what it is

by aubs11 from Memphis, TN | July 5, 2016

The scandal may be happening, but i have loved every minute of having my passat. Heater core recall just came out, so you may need to get that fixed, but it handles well. gas can be touchy, but it's been awesome. I have a TDI model, and i love the gas bill.

Engine light already on 1 year old

by mchild from Edmond, OK | June 25, 2016

I bought my car 1 year ago, and after I bought it found out about the Emission issue, I was told no big deal. Well now my engine light is on, due to air over flow to high. I'm angry that they would sell me this car with these kind of issue, I take it in and have to oil change and do my up keep. I really don't have the time or money for these kind's of issues, they should dealer up and extend the warranty if they new they would have these kind of issues. This is a the 2nd VW I bought from them and have no issue's with my 2013 Jetta, I guess I will have to trade it in for another one. I just upset about the trust, they knew they had this problem and still released it. wrong is wrong and right is right.. what happened to integrity. I'm waiting to find out what are they gonna do about this engine high air flow problem because, I don't they know how to fix it,,,, very disappointing on a new vehicle.... I do love the gas milage, but, what to do with a car that won't work? I normally don't rant, I just don't want to see consumers being mislead like I was, people work hard for their money. I let you know how they plan on resolving this engine problem.

Gas Pedal/ Leg Strain

by BJ from DC | March 25, 2016

I bought 2016 Passat 1.8, I do Have same leg pain, First time i took for test drive, I felt this problem, Sales man said because this is brand new, may be you feel like this , after some time it will be ok, but Its still there. I am think its mainly because of the gas pedal, it is mounted on floor, lts giving more strain on leg

Take a long test drive

by Regretful in Ohio from Cleveland, Oh | November 21, 2015

I have had this car for a few weeks now and I can tell this is going to be the most painful car I have ever had. I read the two reviews that discussed the messed up ergonomics and I just didn't pay attention during the test drive. There are so many design flaws that it takes away from what could be an extremely enjoyable car to drive. So here are the design issues to be aware of: - the windshield is sloped more then my 2008 and appears to be tinted less making night driving a challenge with the glare from oncoming traffic - the sloped window has made the door opening smaller, making it hard to get in, especially if the seat isn't all the way down - apparently VW engineers think Americans have big waists but tiny butts because there is all this extra space in the arm rest area that leaves you trying to not leave your arms hanging in space and designed a seat for someone without a butt. Trying to put your legs inside the bottom seat bolsters can be painful in several area - once seated you will see that you need a 6ft wingspan to reach the door handle to close the door? Speaking of the door, you have have good control of the door when opening it because of the wide swing path, it will easily hit whatever is parked next to you or it will close back on you - once in the seat you notice that you have to contort your left foot to put it on the footrest or put your leg on top of the bolster, which I do and it is causing a nerve to be pinched. On the other side, the brake and gas pedals are so off plane that I either practically break my ankle moving from the gas to the brake or I have to physically lift my leg up and back to get over tho the brake. Also, the gas pedal sits weirdly behind the center console so you have to contort your right foot to get to the gas. Speaking of the center console, it sticks too far out so in contorting your foot for the gas your knee is constantly rubbing the hard plastic on the console making my knee very sore by the end of my drive. I drive 40 minutes each way to work but my test drive was around 25 minutes so I didn't pick up on these issues and should have known better. I get out after my commute and walk like I have broken ankles. Buyer beware and pay attention.

Great Family Car

by Pappu from Vernon Hills | November 7, 2015

I had this car almost a year from now, So far no issue. Great gas mileage, Good for Family with a lots of room. Nicer audio, Good Looking, Huge fuel tank for long drives + German Engineering!! So far so good.

Amazing car for the money! SEL Limited

by B Lust from South Florida | November 1, 2015

Love my Passat! Has every available option. TSI 1.8 turbo engine. SEL Limited model. I love it because all the features come as standard on this model!! One quirk is the heated mirrors only work when its below 68 outside. I park outside and on my Lexus I had, I use the heated mirrors to remove any dew that might build up. Gas milage is AMAZING! Having a big tank on an economical engine is wonderful! Can get over 500 miles to a tank of gas! Drives so smooth and tight. Everything you touch you can tell was thought about! REAR SEAT LEGROOM is amazing. I'm 6' tall and I can sit behind my seat setting and have room between my knees and the back of the front seat. The build quality is so tight. My first VW and I hope its a great one!

Love this car....

by Bob from Lumberton, NC | October 23, 2015

I traded a 2006 BMW 550I for this car and have never looked back. The BMW was a great ride but the VW is everything as good if not better. I love the styling, rear seat room, styling, and overall ride. I have the TDI and the milage is between 38 and 40 on each fill-up. Would recommend this car to anyone even my Mom if she was still here.

Winner For The Retired

by Grandpa Gippy from King of Prussia, PA | September 6, 2015

Well I have now had my Passat for slightly over 4 weeks and must say I am very satisfied with the vehicle. and pleased with its performance. There are still many things I need to learn because I am an "elderly" old goat but still know what's going on in the world. The sales representative - T. Cook in this case was super, if there was anything he did't explain it was because I missed it. Seriously he addressed all of the major points about the car and to some extent pointed out where it differed from "luxury" cars. In addition, he was not the "typical" car salesperson, that is sell up $$$ to get a larger sale So I can honestly say he did a superb job with me. Finally, the car itself is great and I am enjoying it very much and when it is time for a new lease, I will say that I will go VW again T. Cook you did a great job thanks