2008 Volkswagen R32

18 city / 23 hwy

Overall

Looks can be deceiving

by TY from Richmond VA | December 20, 2013

When I first arived at Browns VW I was ready to purchase the VW R32. I was approached by a salesman who was very eager to make a sale rather then help me out. I asked him a few questions about the history of the car. EX. if the car had aftermarket parts or if the recalls have been completed on this vehicle. He stated that the car had no aftermarket parts installed on the car.. After looking over the car for about 10 mins, I saw that the car had a aftermarket exhaust and I asked to speak to the manager. At this time the manager said that it was not a aftermarket exhaust and the car had its 100 point inspection. The exhaust clearly says APR on the tips.. So that means the car does have a High Flow Cat back Exhaust. Then I proceeded to test to drive the car and my first impression were that it totally had a exhaust system on the car.. very loud at low RPM's, high RPM's not so much.. The salesman had no knowledge about VW's or the R32.. He kept saying the car had a turbo, which it clearly does not. After test driving the car I came to the conclusion the car was not worth $14,900.. A few weeks later I returned to find that the car was dropped down to $12,900.. Overall I give the car a 4 out of 10.. From needed new Tires, the super loud exhaust, and the dealerships lack of knowledge about the car which was very limited... I would be very careful with buying this car.. If you are a VW Enthusiast then you might be okay with these issues, but if your a normal consumer with low knowledge about this car I would stay away..

Great car but not the fastest

by Tornado red from Dallas,Texas | September 25, 2013

Ive Owned this car for three years and no matter how bad my day if i slam the pedal to the floor i have to smile. Performance wise it was able to keep up with my buddy's S2000 but was all around a nicer car. The sound and flexibility is what you buy this car for. I have a Magnaflow non-resonated cat-back on mine and I've been told it sounds like a GT-R without boost catches everyone by surprise when they expect a supercar going under the underpass. The practicality of this car is unparalleled I could take it to the autocross and a car show one day then haul 20 bags of mulch the next day. The only downside Ive had was little things would break and since this car is rare it costs an arm and a leg to fix if its not under warranty.

My first awd vr6 Vw .

by Malicer32 from Schaumburg il | June 4, 2012

Three months and I still get a grinn when I start it in the mourning. It has a great sound and a decent amount of power to back it up. Only 5000 made in the U.S this put it in high demand . The only problem is gas mileage it's in the 20-24mpg it really depends on the owner.

Great Package

by GT from Arlington, VA | January 25, 2012

Perfect combination of power and luxury at an affordable price. A flash of the DSG, makes the car even better. Amazing handling in rainy and snowy conditions with all season tires.

The Uber Golf

by Strassenrakete from Elmhurt, IL | January 9, 2012

The VW R32 is the Uber Golf/GTi. All wheel drive is a nice-to-have for all eather conditions, but uit really is what helps this car handle the curves and transistions better than a front-driver.

Excellent AWD Touring Hatch

by Dr Awkward from Upstate NY | November 3, 2011

The 2008 R32 is a sport/luxury hatchback, which excels at performance touring. It's not light enough or powerful enough to be a full-on sports car, but it's really fun to drive, and it's got lots of upscale features. The torquey VR6 engine and the versatile Direct Shift dual clutch gearbox are a great pairing. The suspension setup is well done, with good handling and reasonable ride comfort. The main con is marginal fuel economy--19-20 mpg is typical in mixed driving. This is largely unavoidable in a sporty AWD car, but a more modern, direct injection engine might do better. All in all, I love this car.

a quick yet down to earth car

by szeggie from toronto, ontario | July 24, 2011

The car is the best made vehicle I have ever driven when you hit a pothole the car feels like a tank but it probably feels that way because it is that way. It is a very heavy car its hard to tell though even driving around hard corners because this thing feels like its on tracks. The best part about this car other than its fine German interior is its even finer exhaust note, it is the best exhaust note I have heard from a car under $200,000 its amazing. The engine gets you places and the transmission is flawless so all and all a great car my only problem being the semi boyish racer I am is that it won't wipe the floor with the EVO or wax sti sadly, but if u get an used one for a good price invest in an hpa tuning kit then the fastest ferraris will be shaking in there Italian boot.

2008 R32 is a fine car

by UGA R32 from Atlanta, GA | June 1, 2011

I have owned a 2008 R32 for 18 months and have had no issues. The car runs/drives perfect. The value of the car is holding better than most other cars on the market.

Love my R32

by R32 from Portland Oregon | May 24, 2011

I have always liked R32's and finally broke down and bought a used one, it is everything I expected. It has all of the Audi A4 trimmings with the VW R32 performance

75K on my 2008 R32 and I STILL Smile

by CT Driver from Connecticut | April 22, 2011

I drive 100 miles a day to work and back and bought this care brand new. This car STILL puts a smile one my face everytime! Are the EVO and STI faster, yes, but this is a GT car and it is has the best style than those boy racers. The cars sounds amazing, everything just fits perfectly. The heated leather seats, the Porsche steering wheel, everything. I still get kids and people coming up to be raving abuut the car. I bought my wife a 08 335i, but I prefer driving the VW when we go out. The only two issues I have with the car are no power seats and a NAV/Ipod system that should have been upgraded before the car was released. Not the best but still very functional. Hey, if you can pick one up used...DO IT!

Featured Services for this Volkswagen R32