2008 Volkswagen Rabbit

22 city / 29 hwy

Overall

Excelent vehicle, great price

by VW/Car Guy from Connecticut | September 3, 2013

I bought my rabbit recently with only 15K miles on it, the car has been fantastic. For anyone who is looking for a basica vehile, that is comfortable, well built, good fuel mileage, then you must consider the rabbit in the pre-owned market. They only made the rabbit for 3 years, it was called the golf from 1985-2005, the rabbit from 2006-2009, and is now back tot the golf again 2010+. Why does that matter? its not a highly sought after car, and great deals can be had on them. The rabbit/golf has had the Golf name in europe for the duration of the golf platforms. bottom line, if you can get a low mileage one that fits your needs, you can get it for a good deal in the US due to the name game they played there for a while. The newer (2010+) golfs are essentially a facelift model, as most the of theparts are interchangeable. And the next genreation golf MK7 platform is likely going to be yet another facelift model. Interior is impecible as usual for a VW, exterior isnt flashy, but if you want flashy performance, you'd get a GTi. overall ride is typical for the class its in, but i will say that if you are into "spirited" driving, this car will impress. having owned a 2004 golf for many years, with a few suspension mods, this car stock out handles the previous generation by a long shot. Get one!

Best for the money

by Jared from Grand Rapids, mi | December 13, 2012

I love this car. So much so that this is my second 08 rabbit. The only problem I had beside regular wear and tear was the transmission started to go out after acting up for 50,000 miles. It was a flaw from the factory that Vw corporate refused to acknowledge on my car. I finally traded it in at 125,000 miles and got one with a manual trans with 38,0000 miles on it. I love the car though. One of the best cars for the money. I wish they kept making the new ones with the manual trans. They are comfortable, powerful, easy to drive and decent on gas. The back hatch is big enough for a full size graco stroller, you can fit three carseats in the back as long as you do it right and I've hauled everything from two dozen 2x4's to 1500 pounds of stones. Just make sure nothin falls on the door lock button while no one is in and all the doors are closed. Yes you can lock yourself out of it. Other than that, it takes collisions well, never ha any injuries in any of the collisions I've had and they are reliable as least for the first 125,000 miles.

bravo!

by greekgoddess from Syracuse NY | November 25, 2012

Love this car, I've had it a year and I'd buy another one in a heart-beat. This is worth the money! Not to mention wonderful on gas.

A Bargain!

by Nay_UK from Boston, MA | July 10, 2012

When I moved to the US for college I began looking for a used car to get me around. My boyfriend (now fiance) recommended I look at Volkswagens as several of his friends owned them and were pleased with them. Sure enough, I ended up purchasing this 5-door hatchback and I have no regrets. It is roomy and efficient, and I can easily fit three friends in it. The Rabbit also drives more like a luxury car than an economy vehicle. This is certainly the first of many Volkswagens I intend to purchase!

Great Buy!

by bzp from Texas | April 11, 2012

Overall, I'm happy with the purchase of the pre-owned 08 VW Rabbit S - 2DR Hatch. The ride is comfortable. Handling is great! And the gas mileage is good! The 5 cylinder has enough pep and the acceleration is good!

very nice car

by Doc Shasta from | February 13, 2012

I've owned the rabbit for a few months now and love it. The trunk is surprisingly large for a hatch back and passengers can sit two comfortably in the back a third starts to get a little crowded. It has nice pickup and handling and shifts through gears without notice. It's different from any other car I've owned and I can honestly say I'm going to hold onto it as long as I can until I get the opportunity to buy a different VW.

Fun to Drive Absolutely Reliable

by Rabbit fan from Seattle, WA | May 27, 2011

No car is more fun to drive that this little VW. I owned a 1976 Rabbit and drove it for 180K plus miles. I owned a 1991 Golf and drove it for 16 years before someone ran into it. I expect to drive my 2008 stick for at least that long. It's quick, responsive, sporty but has the hauling capacity and versatility to handle just about any situation. It looks sharp and always current. VW designs are timeless. The times I've thought of switching, I've always come back to this particular VW model. Can't beat the joy of driving it.

Perfect Name For A Perfect Car

by bunnydriver from Chicago | October 29, 2010

I love my Rabbit, quick & nimble, the 2.5 L 5 cylinder is quick & has a very satisfying roar. I have driven mostly american economy cars, but most recently an '04 BMW X3. While the Rabbit doesn't have the sheer muscle of the X3's 3.0L 6 cylinder, the interior feels just as spacious, & is as much fun to drive. If you are looking for the perfect mix of sportiness & practicality you can't beat the rabbit. Plus I'm averaging 27.5 mpg in mixed driving. Coming from 20 or so, it's fantastic!

Highway Go Cart

by 2008 Rabbit from Marietta, OH | March 22, 2010

Really fun car to drive, my wife jokes that it is like driving a big roller skate. Handling is amazing and the interior quality is much better than you would expect in a car in this price range. Heated seats are a great standard feature. Gas mileage could be better, its a much sportier drive than say a Civi and you see that in the mileage, average 25mpg in mixed driving. The best I've ever gotten on a long highway trip is 28mpg.

Amazingly Fun!

by CURIOCOLLECTOR from Hutchinson, Ks | December 28, 2008

I have driven my Rabbit S, automatic 2-door 26,000 miles and have really enjoyed it. The 2.5 5 cyl. with the tiptronic 6 speed auto is a great combo. Fuel milleage is 30mpg at 70mph. I just mounted a set of michelin Xice tires and the car is phenomnal on snow and ice. I have owned alot of new cars in my life and this little v-dub is one of my favorites!

Featured Services for this Volkswagen Rabbit