2009 Volkswagen Routan

Available in 4 styles:  2009 Volkswagen Routan FWD Passenger Van shown

Overall

perfect family vehicle

by minivan mom from Colorado City, TX | November 3, 2013

I absolutely love my Volkswagen Routan!! It has 7 comfortable seats...great leg and head room. I love the built in sunscreens for each of the back windows and the built in mirror to see all the rear passengers (great to keep an eye on baby). The trunk space is big enough for our 220lbs Great Dane to lay down comfortably without having to remove or adjust any of the seats. It handles very well and gets better gas mileage than our former vehicle (Kia Sedona). The only negative I have about the whole minivan is there are too many cup holders....lol. This minivan is the ideal busy mom-mobile!

Luvmyvw

by Luvmyvw from Pasadena ca | May 14, 2013

I had to do a quick switch from a Jetta to this minivan. I love it! I did rent a Chrysler before buying the Routan and by far love the Routan more. The comfortable middle captain chairs are worth the no stow n go because we rather be spoiled while riding than have easy storage access. I am always reliefrd and have no regrets about my purchase. I have a 2009 routan sel. Kids love it too.

love my Routan!

by minivan mom from Houston, TX | February 24, 2013

After needing a good, reliable vehicle to drive my three kids around (two are school-aged, one is an infant) because of my first van was totaled in an accident, we found this particular van on cars.com. We had driven a few just like it at another dealer, so we knew we would like having the Routan. This one was in the price range we liked, plus we knew we wanted the third row and a DVD player. I love this minivan! The only thing missing is a GPS, but that's what smartphones are for, right? I highly reccommend this minivan to anyone looking for something reliable a big enough for a family and cargo.

Fantastic minivan for Family

by Dabney from NY, NY | November 29, 2012

We use our SEL a lot and enjoy the ride and builtin features. When friend ride in my Routan they always comment on how cool it is. Nice thing about this van is not every mom in the neighborhood has it. Yeh..I'm special..lol.

Very nice minivan, could be better.

by Biker inside from Northern Virginia | April 9, 2012

Got a SEL Premium with Everything. Got it for a super price. Lots of features. HID, Navi, TV's, loaded. Love the soft LED interior lighting, should have have it as tailights also. Quiet, comfortable, engine and tranny not a toyota or honda but good. Good MPG's can't complain. Spend the extra money and get a SEL Premium also. Won't regret it.

Fahrvergnugen is back......kind of....

by Fast Buck from Central PA | January 29, 2012

Boiught a used 2009 Routan SE with 19000 miles on it in April 2010. Now have over 47000 miles and no problems...none. A few minor recalls in the first year, but what the heck? It's been a great vehicle, especially on long road trips. Reliable performance, good mileage, comfortable interior, superior exterior looks and handles better than your average Mommy-mobile. What's not to like. A much better used mini van value than overpriced, over-hyped Odysseys and Siennas. Yeah, yeah ...I know Routan's are not "real" Volkswagons....they're made in a Chrysler plant. So what!

Great family sporty van

by Greg Davis from Katy, TX. | October 20, 2011

After 3 year I can say we have an excellant van in our VW Routan. The 4.0 V6 is quick and reliable. Trouble free and family fun too.

Perfect for families!!!

by BtzCarz from Cleveland,OH | October 15, 2011

Hi! I love my 2009 Volkswagen Routan!I got mine for $18,000! I have two kids, and it is perfect for them! The car looks like a Chrysler Town and Country or a Dodge Grand Caravan. Thats why I didn't like the exterior styling that much.Other wise, its a great car!!!

I hate this car

by Cherian from RoundRock, Texas | October 7, 2011

Bought a new routan 2009, many issues, the light went off, the seats does not operate, the door makes noice, the leather wears in just 25,000 miles, replaced with new, wears at 32,000 miles, voice message never get answered at the dealer.

wife loves it

by j from | April 26, 2011

It has been great. The kids love the two dvd players. My wife who would never drive a mini loves it. It makes road trips easy and we do atleast one a month. Great car for the money.

Featured Services for this Volkswagen Routan