2010 Volkswagen Routan

Available in 4 styles:  2010 Volkswagen Routan FWD Passenger Van shown

Overall

So far so good..

by Cuse Man from syrcause ny | May 19, 2013

Neat car with plenty of toys. Size is great. We have the Entertainment System and it has been nice and once vacations start...will really be helpful. Its a Van..not all that concerned or surprised it isn't fast, doesn't corner well..etc. I wouldn't have gotten a Van if I needed that. We have the 3.8 V-6..the 4.0 actually gets better mileage. So much with mileage depends on how you drive. Lots of storage space and seating for lots as well.

Smooth riding minivan

by Rachel from Jackson, Miss | January 2, 2013

Our Routan is very nice. We have SEL that comes with the bigger engine. MPG is great for the amount of people it carries. Kid love the van so we haul other kids in it often. No problems and VW has been very nice. If you are looking for a minivan this one is recommended

Think before you sign and drive a VW Routan

by Mom of 4 from Oklahoma | January 2, 2013

I loved my Routan when I first bought it. It is stylish, comfortable, and has features that most vans have only in upgrades. VW nailed it with the upgraded features and interior. However, the car has had several MAJOR issues, as have all Routand years 2009-2011. Transmission had to be completely replaced at less then 25000 miles. Brake pads and rotors warp due to the car being engineered with braking system not intended to hall the van's size and people capacity. VW has not to date made good to customers who purchased these vehicles and continued to make them with failing components. almost all issues with the car have been safety related issues or major components. I say save your money and buy AMERICAN!

Very Impressed

by Every day driver from Central Alabama | April 2, 2012

Amid mixed reviews I decided to buy another mini-van to use for work (about 30000 miles a year) plus vacation travel and as a utility vehicle. This is a 2010 Routan with 17000 miles and has the 4.0 liter engine and plenty of extras. The quiet, smooth ride is outstanding with good gas milage and comfortable seats. After 5000 miles I calculate the milage at 23 mpg in mixed driving (1/2 hwy/1/2 in town). I'm a cruise control user and not aggressive. This is our fourth mini and because of the extras; sunroof, navigation, satellite, all power doors and more it rates at the top of the list but the quietness brings it home. If you are shopping for a minivan do not overlook this one. Even the 2011 pre-owned had attractive pricing.

Dependable and Stylish!

by TRISH from Jonesboro, AR | March 26, 2012

Love this vehicle, has been a super convienient yet stylish ride! Our son loves the rear entertainment system and we get compliments on it all the time! We have had no mechanical issues.

Great Minivan

by 1st time vw owner from Lexington Park, MD | March 19, 2012

Only owned Hondas before I bought this. Wife and I researched, reviewed and test drove Sienna, Odyssey, T&C, and Caravan. Though similar to others, I thought it's exterior looked nicer. It's interior is nicer and more comfortable than the T&C and Caravan. Some of the interior controls took some getting used to but the layout is better than some competitors. Purchased a Routan SEL for the engine performance, cargo, and other features. Our day-to-day driving is a mix of highway and city, averaging about 19-21 MPG. The highest has been on a trip to NC from MD, got approx 28. It now has 18k; no trouble so far. We have 2 kids and one on the way. We've used many seating configurations with carseats and passengers. Third-row power seat controls are touch slow and the seats might be canted up at a slight angle, but seem pretty comfortable for an average-sized adult. 2nd-row captain chairs are rather comfortable and very usable for carseats; too bad they don't slide forward or back. We've made use of just about every feature and are extremely please with how well it handles. Passengers have noticed with similar compliments.

Comfortable Family Hauler

by rxjava from Rancho Cordova, CA | March 18, 2012

We've put about 20,000 miles on our Routan in one year having bought it used with low miles and have experienced only one problem-the brakes which tended to shutter/vibrate when applied as if the discs were warped. However, recently the VW dealer put in redesigned/upgraded brake pads and problem solved. Some reviews will complain about the acceleration with the 3.8L but our experience including several trips to the mountains around Lake Tahoe revealed adequate power( hence 3 stars on performance) to haul our stuff and family of six. Handling felt more secure and nimble than our previous Dodge Caravan. This is a quiet, comfortable, well thought out family van with enough style to stand out from others in the field. the interior has the look and feel of an upscale vehicle, controls are intuitive, plenty of cup holders and storage bins, and the dual DVD screens with wireless headsets are a big plus. Highly recommend the RSE with navigation option. Yes, it is made by Chrysler for VW, however, as the originator of the minivan that is not a negative (just look at the many old and new Chrysler minivans still on the road as a testament to durability and utility).

The biggest disappointment

by Unhappy Routan Owner from Nashville, NC | November 12, 2011

This vehicle has been a real disappointment for the 15 months I have had it. At 6000 miles the transmission had to have bearings replaced. At the same time, the paint on driver and front passenger doors started coming off. At 18,000 miles, all four brake rotors were warped. The folding down 3rd row seat have never properly worked. They stop half was or do not move at all. Volkswagen refuses to take the vehicle back. All that they offered me was to forgive a car payment for my trouble. Really? I wish I never bought this vehicle.

YIKES

by busymon from Central, NY | May 30, 2011

The VW Routan SE has great features and is very comfortable, but it comes at a price. I often have to wait days/weeks for parts and it has chronic brake problems. It makes me wonder why I paid more for nice features when I lost reliability...what good does the navigation do me when it is regularly in the shop?

after having this car for some time now...

by HappyVWOwner from Akron, OH | February 17, 2011

there is one thing about this van....that is pretty much a lie...the gas mileage. It says that it gets 17city 25 highway...NOT true! It gets about 12 mpg city and about 17 mpg highway....horrible gas mileage. I spend so much on gas for this van....it hurts the wallet!

Featured Services for this Volkswagen Routan