2011 Volkswagen Tiguan

19–20 city / 25 hwy

Overall

2011 SEL

by DG from 60521 | June 12, 2014

I bought this car for my daughter with 11k on it. The bang for the buck is untouchable. I have found myself driving this myself a few times for errands. It drives like an AUDI and has everything anyone could want in a car. I wouldn't think twice about buying one again.

Jay Glazer is the best!

by Stacy from Silver Spring | April 12, 2014

I recently moved to the DMV from NY and wasn't planning to purchase a vehicle for at least a year. After finding my dream car, it was too good to be true and I jumped in to make the purchase. My sales rep, Jay Glazer from Ourisman of Rockville, was the best. He jumped in head first when I saw the car pop up on the Ourisman website and ran out to take photos/provide details to me before it hit the lot. He bent over backwards the entire process, and he never once made me feel pressured to make the purchase. This is something rare in car salesman's, and something I appreciated wholeheartedly. If you are looking for a no hassle, help-friendly sales person... GO TO JAY!!! The car has been great. Drives incredibly smooth. Perfect for a quick jaunt or a long commute. Only issue I'm having is with a possible leak in the moonroof, which is being examined today per the warranty.

German Engineering and Performance at Modest Cost

by Car Lover with First SUV from Evanston, IL | February 3, 2014

We have been looking for a small SUV for several months, and have test drove the 2014 Ford Escape, Mazda CX-5, Toyota RAV4, Honda CR-V and Nissan Rogue--all small SUVs in the mid to high 20s in cost. The VW Tiguan was an outlier because of its typical cost in the mid 30s. Used models, though, can be had in the mid-20s, so we test drove a 2011 Tiguan as well. For all test drives, our top priorities were: engine performance and handling, fit and finish, outward visibility and ease of entry/exit. The Tiguan and Mazda were tops for engine performance, handling and fit and finish. Although the used Tiguan did not have all the latest electronic wonders of the Mazda (back-up camera, blind-spot monitoring) we were particularly impressed by the Tiguan's sporty feel, interior style, comfort, and no-nonsense layout of controls. And the Tiguan's panoramic sunroof is SPECTACULAR. The main downsides of the Tiguan are fuel costs (mediocre gas mileage for its class, and the need for premium gas) and less expected reliability than Japanese vehicles, the latter issue we handled by buying a Certified vehicle. Yes we stop more often for gas, and yes we pay more for that gas, but I smile every time we step inside. Its a sporty handling joy to drive, and we love it.

Great vehicle

by relee from Pompano Beach, Fla. | April 27, 2013

Bought used for a good price and had about a month now...I put on a lot of miles and have enjoyed the quality of a VW. Best car I have ever owned. So far everything works and no problems. Use it for work and will be testing the longevity and reliability. Really like the motor, handling and looks. Everything you touch seems to be engineered a cut above what is needed. I would recommend based on what I have experienced....

Some electrical issues

by Tig driver from Lexington, KY | April 8, 2013

I bought a 2011 Tiguan S 4 motion as a certified used vehicle in Feb 2013. The first day I had the car I noticed that the bulb burned out indicator was lit. Since I had just bought it the day before I took it to the dealer. It turns out that the fuse panel had a slot that was melted due to a bad contact. Took 3 days to get the part and it was fixed; however, now I am getting an intermittent bulb out indicator when the temperature warms up and it is sunny out. The only other electrical complaint is that the blue tooth interface is slow and buggy. The cargo space is limited; however, the rear seats move forward to expand this. The automatic transmission shifting program takes some getting used to. The car is sometimes in too high of a gear when going 25-35 MPH. Giving the accelerator a gentle tap will cause it to downshift and alleviate the problem. Having said that, the car looks awesome, has a very solid build quality, and is a joy to drive. The turbo gives it great acceleration. It is extremely comfortable. I bought the car because of the good experience we had with my wife's 2007 Jetta. While still clearly superior to Japanese or American build quality and styling, VW quality and reliability has been going down slightly since 2007. Overall, I recommend the car. The styling and joy of driving it make up for the electrical issues.

Love this car

by Tiguan Owner from Southern California | April 9, 2012

Love the way it handles and the quick pick up. Easy to park. The overall size of the SUV is perfect. Works for 1, 2 or 4 passengers. My only complaint is fresh air flow. I don't like having on AC unless I really need it. However, with the design of this vehicle when you have just the fan on it blows warm air in. Having one window down creates weird noise in car. Don't like having to have driving lights on all the time either. Bluetooth works wells but manuel difficult to follow even for my husband an engineer.

Love it!

by Me from Ithaca, NY | April 9, 2012

I've only been driving it for a couple of months now, but I love my Tiguan! It looks great, and it quite zippy. The only downside, these days anyway, is that it wants high-octane fuel.

Love my VW's

by VDUB GURL from Providence, Rhode Island | March 29, 2012

I've owned my Tiguan for 8 months now. It's a SE with navigation and panoramic roof. I traded in my 2008 Passat wagon for this vehicle. I have been driving VW's since I was 16 yrs old (wow, that's 40 years!) so I may be biased. I love all the features of my Tiguan...it's really easy for me to get in and out of as I am a amputee. Actually that was the main reason I went from my Passat to a SUV. It was a transition going from from my cushy Passat wagon to the Tiguan. Now, I have to say the only thing I miss is the trunk space. I took off the cover for the trunk in my Tiguan and it's much better. I love the 2.0 turbo...love that I can shift the automatic because I miss my manual shift. I use the auto hold when I'm in traffic..great feature. Even though I am an amputee I have no problems driving my Tiguan without special controls. Awesome vehicle!

Great Car

by GeekyCarGuy from Lowell, MA | March 25, 2012

I've had the 2011 model for one month and I love it. The ride is very comfortable, but handling is still sporty. The 6 spd automatic transmission is very smooth. I have been averaging 26mpg in combined highway/city driving. The turbo charged engine is what separates this car from similar vehicles. There is some wind noise at highway speeds, but other than that I have no negatives for this car.

2011 VW Tiguan

by Car Enthusiast from Canada | March 16, 2012

Love my Tiguan! it really feels like an Audi inside. Very high end feel. Every time I get into my car, I feel so proud to be driving such a fantastic car. I receive a lot of looks and compliments!

Featured Services for this Volkswagen Tiguan