2014 Volkswagen Tiguan

See Photos & Videos

Overall

next VW

by joho from Maryland | February 23, 2014

This is my 5th VW, we traded in a Tourege, for a smaller SUV as we now travel back and forth to a second home. I was surprised by the acceleration and power, it is very fast car. I thought the car was a little over priced for its size, but after driving it for almost a month now, I am very satisfied. After all it is a VW and not some Japanese piece of junk.

Top 3 Most fun cars I've owned

by Performance Type from South Florida | January 23, 2014

Tiguan SE I love this little SUV. I spent long hours on the road so I needed something confortable, while also a good power delivery and agile handling. So I basically needed a sedan/coupe, EXCEPT, due to the nature of my job, I needed a higher ground clearance. This is literally the ONLY vehicle (in its price range) that checked every one of those boxes. Compared with its direct competition Rav4, CR-V, etc. The one thing I have to point out that it is specially the most bang for dollar for someone who is performance oriented. If you are the "point A to point B" kind of person. You may find the other ones more fitting (better mileage, extra standard features, etc). My only con is that I've been hearing this little 'click' noise coming from the transmission or perhaps the differential. I already had their tech look into it without any findings. But the one I test drove didn't make this noise. Unfortunately this one does and it's been doing it from day one. So just make sure you test drive the one you will be taking home. That's all.

2014 Tiguan R

by Orimai from Denver, CO | December 21, 2013

We absolutely love this car. We looked at a new Toyota Rav4 Limited before we decided to finally purchase the Tiguan R. The Tiguan has a fantastic ride and it handles like a dream; typical VW handling makes it a blast for commute or long hauls. I have seen a lot of reviews about the nav being complicated, it's not at all once you get your hands on it. The interior is much higher quality than the Toyota and much higher quality materials/construction. The Tiguan is also much much quieter on the inside than the Rav which has a terrible amount of road/tire noise which made the Rav ride cheap. Everything is spot on and we will have this car for years to come. The only con I can even think of is the gas mileage. It is not all that great. We drive mostly on the highway and only get about 250-300 miles per tank. I'd rather pay that small amount in gas every year then deal with Toyota's's pokey, low quality and noisy Rav 4. Did I mention the turbocharged engine in the Tiguan polishes off the fun?

Lots of money but worth it

by buyingconstant7 from Alberta Canada | December 6, 2013

We bought a 2014 Tiguan SEL with the R-Line package for $40,000. That is a lot for a small SUV especially considering it doesn't have navigation or a backup camera as standard or a large trunk. Stability control also cant be defeated, traction control can though. However, despite these negative points, the Tiguan is a sold CUV, one of the best, thats why we chose it. Its handling is better than an 2014 Escapes but not as good as a CX-5. The rear leg room is also better than the Escapes. The rear trunk room is a bit small but at least it is very well lined. The engine feels very peppy, sounds throaty, and return OK mpg (I get 23 combined). Interior is fantastic with high quality materials, good features, and high levels of fit and finish. The tiguan suited our needs best. We need a clever AWD system(2nd best system next to the Forester), good quality interior, fun to drive, reliable, stylish. This has fit the bill like nothing Ford, Mazda, Toyota etc. could give us. Thank-you Volkswagen!