2008 Volkswagen Touareg 2

Available in 3 styles:  2008 Volkswagen Touareg 2 4dr AWD shown

Overall

Reliability nightmare

by CRT from Greenville, SC | September 1, 2014

I'm so disappointed. I live in South Carolina, I own a 2008 Touareg V8, and my Air Conditioning has failed beginning of Summer. This car was designed so that VW can make money at the expenses of their consumers. To change the compressor, they have to remove the engine... It takes 2500$ to do it. I wrote to VW, Mr Scott Vazin, and didn't even get an answer from VW. Group. It seems they don't care about the consumer. I will never buy a VW again and please run if you see one. Design for their engineers to earn their wings not for their consumers to be happy. It is just unbelievable. I also broke the transfer box, VW took the excuse that I forget 1 rotation to void the warranty, another 3500$. It is a pitty because this car is really good on road. 4 tyres (1500$) are gone in 30k miles and I drive really light.

Finally found a Touareg I could afford

by just an average dude from Oswego, IL | September 24, 2013

Dealership didn't disclose that I needed to "pay" an extra 2K to get "certified" status on my pre-owned Touareg. However, at that point in the process, I was already in love with the car. Also, small imperfections, such as broken mirror switch and missing flap to protect children from putting fingers in backseat cigarette lighter/charger were "not covered" under the certified pre-owned process. Those 2 repairs will eventually cost me a total of another $700. Overall, I still do like this car quite a bit.

Great SUV

by DrivesEveryWhere from Denver , CO | June 16, 2013

I bought my black 2008 Touareg 2 (350 HP V8, 6-spd tip, Executive trim pkg) with 40,000 miles on it. I was driving an Audi A6 BiTurbo but wanted an SUV with similar performance and cockpit features with off road capability. I love my SUV. The Touareg delivers excellent traction with all season tires in the worst Colorado winter driving conditions power and cornering to spare while climbing mountain passes. I love the way the VW 4XMotion all wheel drive system with ESP handles on snow and ice and off road. The 6-speed transmission can be driven in automatic, manual, or sport mode. The manual mode is perfect for winter driving and driving in mountains with steep grades. The Executive trim package is loaded. My favorite features include parking assist, cornering headlights, cabin rear air conditioner and heated seats, and keyless entry and ignition. There is also a 110V power converter that offers great convenience for electronics and utility. With well balanced center of gravity, skid plates and locking center differential, you can go where ever you want to off road. Reliability has been good after year of ownership . This is a very sturdy stylish unique vehicle. Whether you are pulling up to the valet at a nice restaurant or driving off road to your favorite trail head, you arrive in style or confidence and strength. Many upsides to this remarkable flag ship vehicle from VW. The only down side is the high performance V8 gas mileage and expensive maintenance. Premium performance vehicles require premium parts and premium service.

Love that car

by Molar rules from Blairsville ga | March 12, 2012

Beautiful comfortable vehicle just not great on gas. Love the way it handles on the road and all of the great options .

beautiful car

by "grey one" from Grand Junction | May 1, 2011

I love this car, it drives great, very comfortable. Beautiful interior with all of the extras. V8 is nice, but gas mileage low. Don't bother with the navigation.

2008 VW Touareg- V6 (Highline)

by VW Owner/Driver from BC, Canada | April 14, 2010

I've driven my Touareg in almost every imaginable road conditions, never to be let down by its performance. In fact I've even been on roads during winter conditions so bad the snow removal trucks were not even on the road. There were actually some pretty scary moments when I'm sure that a North American made vehicle would have been in the ditch! At these moments the Touareg's computer assisted control mechanisms took over and saved me and my family from certain disaster. I am a very experienced, professional driver having spent many hours behind the wheel of many different makes and models of cars and trucks and in my experience, I would have to say that the Touareg's driving options are exceptional.

the worst car I've ever owned

by johny from MILWAUKEE,WI | October 28, 2009

Too many problems, customer service is so bad. VW dealer just wanted to sell cars without a good service dep. I will never by a VW EVER!

Fantastic Ride - Love my Treg!

by Chiguy from Chicago, Il | June 14, 2009

Love my 08 Treg V8! Had an 04 traded it in on a 07 XC90, got rid of the XC90 and returned to the Treg. Best decision. The ride and handling is beyond compare. Have had it now for 7 months, 5K miles without any problems. VW has hit the mark with the Touareg 2. Of course the gas consumption hurts a bit, but well worth it. VW is offering a high-end vehicle for a reasonable price. I am thrilled to own and drive this machine, anyone who experiences the Treg will be too.

Great SUV

by VW fan from Texas | June 6, 2009

I have had both body styles (2004& 2008) and really like this SUV.I've had 7 VW's in total. I love the look of it(its Porsches little brother) feel, handling, and comfort. I do think it could have a few more features for the base asking price.For example: standard leather,6 disc in dash CD player,and Xenon head lights.Other than that I really enjoy this car.It makes me feek really safe.I do not however like the depreciation hit it takes so quickly which is not typical of most German cars.American cars generally see this kind of depreciation within the first year.

Best in Class

by Car Guy from Colorado | May 21, 2009

When trading from an RX 330 to the T2 v8 we only considered import SUVs. The BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, Acura and Infiniti are excellent choices, but cannot match the performance/luxury blend provided by the VW. The Porsche is very similar, but costs much more. The Dynaudio stereo and air suspension are wonderful and recommended options. This vehicle cruises, handles and climbs in all types of weather. The only minus is the dealer’s service-level when compared to the above listed brands.

Featured Services for this Volkswagen Touareg 2