1991 Volvo 740

Information Coming Soon

Overall

Never Again....

by VolvoHappy from Indianapolis | July 24, 2009

....will a own a car other than a Volvo, or at least I feel this way now. My '91, Blue 740 was purchased with 202,000 miles and it is still going strong 12,miles later. The car is comfortable and has plenty of shoulder and elbow room for the passengers, unless you are rolling with 6, then it is cramped. For a 4 cylinder it has good power, and it is the best handling car I have ever owned. It is also the best I have driven in the snow, which is surprising for rear wheel drive. About 4 months ago I rear ended another, large vehicle. My front end is caved to the radiator, and still the car doesn't die; most impressive. Value, and most importantly reliability, are the two main reasons for buying another Volvo soon. Trying out a 960, hopefully it will be as good to me as the 740.

First Car, Great Car

by Need a Tacoma from NJ | July 6, 2009

I've had this car for about 6 years. My mom purchased it used with about 80,000 miles on it and drove it for a couple of weeks while her car was in the shop. She then gave the car to my brother who drove it for about 2 years before my mom got a new car. Her old car went to my brother and the Blue 1991 Volvo 740 Wagon went to me my junior year of high school. 60,000 miles, 3 sets of hubcaps, and a college degree later, ole blue is still kickin'. Sure I get made fun of, But hey, I get decent mileage, I can pack just about anything into it and it has a sweet hand crank sunroof! Plus the only major repairs have been replacing the fuel pump and getting a new radiator. I'll probably be selling my in the near future as I need a small truck to assist in my career in horticulture. It's gonna be tough to let go.

91 volvo 740 - gotta love the box shape!

by box car enthusiast from TN | August 4, 2008

ask any pre schooler to draw a car and they will draw a volvo 740! the edges are irresistible. the conforming straightness implies determination and organization. i think the interior sucks because i do not have leather seats. the car feels like 80's inside rather than 90's. but the a/c works so im overall a happy camper. the handling is great. i suffer from sleep-apnea and even when im falling asleep driving the car keeps going straight enough not to crash, but gives me enough time to wake up and stabilize my vehicle. the car withstands the majority of my abuse. but any issues can be easily taken care of especially cause its a non turbo. for the last 3 years ive been spending about $200 per year in repairs. recently i got the following done: all engine seals were replaced, new transmission mount, and the exhaust manifold was redone. now it sounds and drives like new.

Featured Services for this Volvo 740