1994 Volvo 940

19 city / 24–27 hwy

Overall

Another great ride

by Volvo lover from San Francisco Bay Area | January 23, 2010

My first Volvo was a 1986 740 wagon with manual transmission. I still have it after 439,000 miles with no trouble. I bought a 1994 940 thinking I'd need to replace my 740 one of these days, and there are some things I prefer about it but others I prefer about the 740. The 940's engine is smoother and quieter but the 740 handles much better. Also the gas mileage of the 740 is better, probably because it's a stick shift, and it accelerates better. It gives me 26-28 City and 32 freeway. I only get about 22 City and 30 freeway with the 940. They're both great cars.

Great Student Car!

by Harrison09 from Round Rock, Tx | November 8, 2009

I have the 1994 Vovlo 940 Turbo and it's amazing! My mom purchased this vehicle about a year ago and i recieved it as a hand-me-down. I love the power sunroof and heated leather seats. I've had minor problems (Speedometer quit) but it's an easy fix! As a 17 year old student driver, i love my Volvo!

Great vehicle

by College Commuter from Connecticut | January 16, 2009

I use this vehicle to travel 30 miles up to college and back 5 days a week, and it has proved to be a great value. It is incredibly comfortable to drive in, and performs quite well for a two-ton car with a 4-cylinder (it has the turbo in it). I have had some problems with the brake lights, but they have recently been resolved. Otherwise, this vehicle is excellent: comfortable, reliable, and safe.

Lives up to the reputation

by Practical driver from S.C. | December 11, 2006

This is the fifth Volvo I have owned in 40 years. At 220K miles it is still going well, all whistles and bells work, mileage is where it should be and annual mtce is below what one would expect. For practicality the Volvo Station Wagon ranks high. Given the age of the car, the annaual costs of ownership are greatly reduced and ideal for a fixed income driver.

Featured Services for this Volvo 940