1993 Volvo 960

Est. MPG

17 city / 25 hwy

See Photos & Videos

Overall

To my dearly departed friend...

by K-Car from Virginia | June 30, 2009

This car saved my life. I drove my '93 960 for eight years, and while maintenance was often quite pricey, I kept it in excellent mechanical condition. The get-up-and-go on this car never ceased to impress those who drove it, and my 960 could turn on a dime (seriously the car with the best turn radius I have ever driven). Mine had 282,000 miles on it, and I think it would have kept going forever. Unfortunately I was hit on the interstate by an 18-Wheeler who fell asleep at the wheel. Miraculously, my car did not crumple or flip, but held up like the tank it was. It sustained frame damage, naturally, and the exterior was quite banged and torn up, but the car held up perfectly. I maintain it would've driven away if it hadn't been in a deep ditch with a destroyed rear left wheel. The interior remained exactly the same, with no buckling whatsoever. I exited the vehicle without a scratch. Sadly, the insurance company decided my dear car was a total loss - due mostly to its age and mileage. If I could find this car in equal condition, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. If you're looking for something safe, the '93 960 Volvo is for you! Best car for a new teen driver for sure. Do not underestimate the value of this car!!

Volvo 960 Wagon Review

by MMWK (married mom with kids) from Topanga, CA | May 18, 2006

I love my 93 Volvo 960 wagon. I did tons of research before making my purchase, and it has lived up to all my expectations. I have put more than 140,000 miles on it. It is comfortable on long treks, gets great gas mileage, and its turning radius is awesome. I have taken it on many camping trips with a car full of kids and their stuff. It dresses up on those rare evenings out with my husband. And because of its great safety reputation, I can relax when I let my teenage daughter borrow it. (Well, not really)

Featured Services for this Volvo 960