2008 Volvo C30

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Great Car

by Mark from Stamford, CT | December 21, 2012

I love my C30, great to mod, great to just drive. I have a few friends that also have one. Recommended.

Love my C30!

by Andy from Central WO | December 19, 2011

I bought my 08 C30 new in late 2008. This was my first car purchase and I am in LOVE! Volvo for life! I always thought I would buy this car and trade it in in a few years (as my parents do, to always keep the vehicles in warranty). I can never picture giving up my C30. I don't know what this car did to me... but it's never leaving the garage. I have 40,000 miles on it and it still drives like a new one. A friend has over 500,000 miles on his Volvo 850, so we have a lot of catching up to do! I came out of a full sized truck and I wanted a small car, but I wanted to be safe and comfortable. The Volvo was the perfect fit. I can get 30+ MGP on the highway with the cruise set at 73. It actually has quite a bit of cargo room, and even more with the rear seats down (I've hauled a lot of stuff). And it is the only coupe I've found that has a 2,000 towing capacity! Fun car to drive, plenty of passing power and great for parking in the city. I think the C30 is under appreciated by many, but I get compliments all the time and still have people asking me almost 4 years later "What a cool Volvo! I've never seen one of these". I live in Central WI and it preforms very well in the snow with the proper tires. I have to credit Volvo's great vehicle balance for this. Only complaint I have (had) was that the factory tires only lasted me 25,000 miles before they were so loud I couldn't stand them. Now with the proper rubber she's quiet and plows through the snow like a champ!

mst stylish small car i owned

by volvo fan from Philadelphia | May 23, 2010

Great looks...handles well in bad weather beacuse of the design, water fall design of the interior is really cool. Half leather seat design is very comfortable in long drives. DYNADIO rocks compared with my Saab premium sound, the sound system is too sophesticated. Sports alloys give a great look to the car. VOLVO coverage is simply the BEST, covering brakes/wipers everything except tires.

C30 - The FUN Volvo

by Indy C30 Driver from Indianapolis, IN | September 24, 2009

I've owned my C30 T5 for about a year and LOVE it. I was able to buy it used with only 7500 miles on it for a great price. It has fast acceleration, handles well in city traffic, really moves on the highway, and makes a terrific vrrrrrrooom vrrrrooom sound when passing. This is not my husband's staid S80 Volvo! It's more fun than I thought you could have driving a Volvo, yet it still has 4 seats, a very usable hatch area, and of course the Volvo safety features. I'd definitely buy it again.

Best Value!

by Nancy from Saratoga, NY | March 13, 2009

This car is the very best value out there. Aside from it's looks, it handles well even in bad weather, has a very comfy interior, is very fast, and is very reasonable to insure making it a great value overall for operating costs. The only thing I would change is to eek out a few more MPG's. I get about 26 with regular, but if I use a gas treatment every other tank I get closer to 29-30. This automobile is definitely worth a few extra dollars at purchase time; the safety and reliability is second to none! I am Volvo for life:)

6 Spd. C 30

by NY Larry from Westchester county, NY | December 8, 2008

When I first saw the car, I intermediately fell in love with its look. I did a little research and found that it was one of only a few sporty cars that comes with a manual transmission. The dealer waved the $300 custom equipment fee so we went to town with the options. White leather, Saphire black exterior, 17" wheels for a softer ride. It has a 650 Watt 11 speaker stereo with satellite radio which is wonderful. The trip computer is interesting and up dates constantly. The car handles well and gives a very quit ride. The engine is a jewel, very peppy and has a nice sound when passing. The look of the car is amazing and they are very RARE in the NY area. I avoided the sun roof since it was very small and almost unnoticable from the drivers seat. The power heated seats warm right up and the controls for the radio and temperature are very logical and well thought out. I have nearly 10 thousand miles on it in just over a year and have loved every minute. The EPA milage figures are very accurate and you can run it on regular gas. 93 Octane gives it a little more punch, but not much. I recommend the electric fold in rear view mirrors and the soft cargo cover.

poor mileage

by joel from Boca Raton | September 6, 2008

My C-30 gets such poor mileage that I cannot recommend it. Volvo gives no support and have told me that there is nothing further the would do after only checking the computers.

My 1st Volvo...Who'd of thought.

by C30Grant from California | July 26, 2008

I'm 47 and until this year have never considered a Volvo. The 2008 C30, with automatic geartronic shifting, is really fun to drive and looks really unique. It accelerates rapidly and smoothly, and it can corner at fairly fast speeds. I tinted the rear hatch window and two rear passenger windows fairly dark. I also tinted the two roll-up windows with a light tint, and the car took on a whole new level of unique coolness! The only suggestion I have for Volvo engineers is to squeeze a few more MPG out of the engine without reducing H.P.

Loving the volvo

by 48 year old kid from Roanoke ,Va | July 25, 2008

Never thought I would be a volvo owner. Saw the black volvo c30 r design sitting out front at the delaership I pass going in to work daily..Turned around to see the car..had never seen nor heard of the car..test drove it...bought it the folowing day..was 3 weeks ago today and man do I love this car..When I was down visiting some friends at the lake and drove the car to the supermarket and came out to find 2 women walking around the car and admiring it and asking me about it..and then see them go get in their $200,000 dollar Bentley convertible..that didn;t hurt neither...

I am dazzled!

by Edward from Forks, Washington | June 3, 2008

I live in a small Washington town and this car is perfect for my everyday life. Whether it be driving to school, going camping with my fellas, or fallowing around this Disney Princess I know and saving her from the harsh backstreets... this is the car to have. Not only am I razzled dazzled by its styling and handling, but it's sound system is excellent for my Debbusy. I'm proud to be a stupid, shiny volvo owner! I love this car!