2011 Volvo C30

2011 Volvo C30

Available in 2 styles:  2011 Volvo C30 2dr Hatchback shown

21 city / 29 hwy

Overall

Been FWD driver since 1957 C30 = Great!

by D Klaw from Mid Pennsylvania | January 3, 2014

Starting with SAAB I only drive FWD and the Volvo is an outstanding FWD vehicle, well made, good power, goes wher you steer it! Volvo; Latin translation: "I Roll"

tools

by tools from Portland, Or | October 3, 2013

bought car 3 weeks ago, "r" edition, 2011 model 21k miles. fast, fun, economical, sporty & classy. plus all the features of a small volvo.

Well played Volvo...

by C30 Convert from Eastern, CT | November 6, 2012

As an auto enthousiast the Volvo is an intriguing and infuriating machine. Volvo would have you believe they are a luxury brand, but that is a pipe dream for them. With this, the Volvo "entry-level" vehicle, you will find that commonly accepted options are lacking in many of the cars. Pay attention to the left side of the steering wheel, make sure that the cruise control functions are there. I still can't believe that volvo would allow some C30's to go out without it, the worst part is that all these cars are electronically controlled (fly-by-wire), it is just one module, a dealer-only computer download, and your VISA card away. I had to add the "Trip Computer" functionality at the dealer for about $100 so that I could evaluate the fuel mileage, great upgrade, but why would I have to do this on a 2008 vehicle? Gripes aside, I bought the car because I was going to be doing a lot of driving between Norfolk and Groton, CT. After I made my choice, I found the C30 in the top spot of a top 10 road trip car list. There can be no doubt that this is the right place for it, and it makes sense because the C30 is effectively a Ford Focus that was put together with the right engine and wheels and creature comforts. The long haul mileage of 28 MPG is good; this car should be in the 30's but for the improved noise isolation and interior materials. Not a bad tradeoff, if I'm honest. As an enthousiast I find parts harder to find than my old Golf TDi. Additionally, this vehicle is not as well documented with How-to's and shade-tree knowledge because of its' rarity. On the other hand I find it extremely easy to work on and wouldn't hesitate to replace brakes, suspension components, alternator, filters, etc.

I love this Volvo

by C30 Girl from Houston, Texas | August 5, 2012

I love this Volvo. It is fast, comfortable, cute, sporty, and there are very few around because they are so hard to get. I love Volvo's maintance free program and believe that along is worth buying the car for. The seats are very comfortable and I like the memory seats. I love the "high perfomance sound system." The only reason I gave the interior design 4 stars instead of 5 is because I have the aluminium trim package and the shifter gets very hot if the car sits out in the sun, making it a little hard to shift until it cools down. I love the way the sunroof has a built in wind deflector and it works. If you can find a Volvo C30 I recommend that you buy it.

I love this car!

by EMMA from Arlington, VA | July 24, 2012

I love this car. I'm an empty-nester who did not want a predictable Honda or Toyota. I do not need to ferry kids around anymore. It's small, nimble, easy to park and I love the pick-up and the styling. This car just makes me smile!

Great car, most reliable car I have ever owed!

by Sports Car Enthusiast from Palm Desert, CA | May 14, 2012

I love this car. And my boyfriend is wild about it! He loves driving it. He is like a kid in a candy store when he gets to drive it.

Excellent car! (Posted elsewhere long ago)

by Want value for money! from Kingston, TN | November 4, 2011

Since my car got totaled in a hail storm I have been test driving a number of them. Notably Scion TC, Volvo C30, VW GTI, Audi A3, Subaru WRX, MazdaSpeed3 and Mini Cooper S (I might have missed one or two, oh yes, the Miata, but certainly cross-shopped more on paper). BMW 128 and 135 were considered but not found to be good value or reliable. I narrowed it down to two ... Overall, my perception is 1) that both cars are equally quick (C30R 5AT); 2)their handling is not terribly different (the C30R IS more planted; the GTI MIGHT be more nimble); 3) the GTI can be more fun due to its dollop of wallop at higher RPMs meaning you have to row the gears, while the C30R has a continuous and more powerful band; 4) the C30R is far more luxurious and inviting for commuting; 5) the GTI sucks in the city while the C30R does not; 6) the GTI's breaking is more positive but choppy compared to the C30R - same stopping distance from what I read; 7) they both look great while the C30R also looks like a work of art inside and out; 8) the C30R has a lower cost of ownership and is far more reliable; and 9) the Volvo will still be on the road long after the GTI has gone to automobile heaven. So updating on this post ... I now have 10K miles on the C30R and am very happy with the purchase. The 6MT is much better than the 5AT.

SLick Vehicle

by Car Driver from Georgia/Florida | July 26, 2011

I tried several before settling on the C30, Honda SI, Mini, Subaru WRX. No comparison. The best value in automobiles if one is in the market for a cheap, fun to drive rocket.

Pretty good, overall

by Gary from Jersey from The Snooki-free Jersey Shore | June 17, 2011

My 2011 C 30 is a really good little car, but it needs some help. The good points: great seats, good seating position, well designed instrument panel, very good handling, mostly good visibility. Suspension is compliant and direct, damping out most road imperfections while keeping the car well planted. NO torque steer! The brakes are just OK. Too much pedal travel makes them touchy to modulate but they grab well. The not-so-good points: Needs a sixth gear and wider dead pedal. Weird electronics. The climate control won't turn off by pushing the button. Not good at highways speeds. I use the instant mileage message to modulate the throttle to improve economy (I'm getting 25.6 mpg. at the moment) but there are maddening inconsistencies: driving range after fill-ups runs from 415 to 365 miles on the same amount of fuel. The number rises or drops quite a bit after short jaunts. MPG numbers are not reliable, either. I can drive highway miles for days without seeing improvement (it takes three days to rise a tenth) but then drops a couple tenths in a few short blocks. Then it takes days to recoup the losses. That said, I'm getting good economy from such a heavy (4,300 pounds!) car but I have to sacrifice a lot of driving fun to not feed OPEC.

90% RECOMMEND THE C-30

by m'lou from huntington beach, ca | June 12, 2011

I like the styling of my new (well, new since Nov. 10) Volvo C-30, and its comfort. Like driving on silk (most of the time). Salesman told me that the tires had hydrogen therein (?) but turns out that was specious. It is a smooth ride, in any event. I was promised (think Conumer Rpt my source) 26 mpg and never ever got that, so far (more like 23.5); only criticism re the body (besides the fact that moving the front seat for someone to clamber in the back seat isn't a lark) is the concave lump on the floorboard, to the left of the clutch pedal. Gets in the way. Esp if the diver has big feet; I wear size 8 sandals and sometimes that lump gets in the way of my left foot (I have a 6 speed shift car). Glad I bought it; like the long warranty; also like that there aren't very many cars like mine in the neighborhood! So far so good. marie

Featured Services for this Volvo C30