Volvo brought a dose of style to the premium hatchback segment with the introduction of the C30 a few years ago. The car is based on Volvo's S40 sedan, and it receives new front-end styling for the 2011 model year that's designed to distinguish it from its sibling. The C30 competes with other small, premium cars like the Volkswagen GTI and Mini Cooper S.
New for 2011
Central to the C30's revised front-end appearance is its new hood, front fenders, headlights and grille.
The C30's larger grille looks a lot like the one on Volvo's XC60 crossover and should help keep the C30 contemporary looking as Volvo makes updates to its lineup in the coming years. One of the most interesting design elements of the two-door C30 is its glass hatch. Volvo says it lends an open feel to the interior; bystanders can see the center dashboard controls from behind.
- Fog lamps available in option package
Volvo says four adults can fit inside the C30. Rear bucket seats are positioned slightly inward of the front seats, allowing more forward visibility. In front, the dashboard looks much like the S40's, with an ultra-thin center panel that incorporates climate and audio controls.
- Fabric seating standard, leather seating available
- Standard dual-zone climate control
- Standard CD audio system with an MP3 jack
- Standard trip computer
- Upgraded audio system optional
- Optional navigation system with real-time traffic data
- Backseat folds forward
Under the Hood
The C30 is powered by a turbocharged 2.5-liter inline-five-cylinder engine.
- 227 horsepower and 236 pounds-feet of torque
- Six-speed manual standard
- Five-speed automatic optional
Safety features include:
- Standard four-wheel-disc antilock brakes
- Standard side-impact and side curtain airbags
- Standard traction control
- Standard electronic stability system
- Standard active front head restraints
- Optional blind spot warning system
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Volvo C30
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.