2012 Volvo C30

21 city / 29 hwy

Overall

Not Your Grandfather's Volvo

by 2cartalkers from La Crescenta, CA | April 10, 2014

We travel to Europe frequently and have always lease/purchased Peugeot 208/308's and lamented that we wish we could find a car in the U.S. market that was as well built, had the fuel economy and handled like the Peugeot. The Volvo C30 does all that and goes a wee bit better. Some may not like the exterior styling, but we do. The interior is OK but the seats are moofy while still offering good support. The reliability is OK with parts and labor being too high for what the car is...sorry Volvo. This is an enthusiast's car, so if you are not a run of the mill person, check out the C30, unfortunately this car is no longer manufactured so a used one will have to do.

Best car I've ever driven

by Sparkles the Vampire from Manassas, VA | March 15, 2013

I've spent siginificant amounts of my life in a 1991 Explorer, 1996 Dodge Neon (death trap) 2007 Fusion and a 2006 XC-70. The C30 I purchased in Feb of 2013, is the best ride and performance I've had. It handles well enough and is nimble enough for just that little push over the edge in traffic, it goes to 11. The low end torque is amazing and peaks from 1500-5000 rpm, that 's an incredible range of top-end torque and makes the C30 quick. I pushed it to 120mph on a long straight and had no issues with stability on the front end. Performance and handling are very well balanced. The interior is minimalist, but clean and well organized, very intuitive. There is plenty of room in the cargo area for everyday use and short to medium trips, not sure what every one knocks it for in that regard. If you're hauling a horse trailer or boat, chances are you aren't in the same catgeory as the C30, so why is it blasted for not having enough space? The seats fold down and our 9 month old 84lb. puppy is happy in the back. My only complaint is the OEM tires. They are pretty much worthless on the ice and snow. If you can get a 2012 used with Volvo "piece of mind" maint. package, it's a steal. Great car Volvo, sad to see it go but glad mine is only one of 2700+ in the U.S. I will keep this car as long as I can, hope to it pass the 1mil mark someday. Couldn't be happier with the purchase. I gave reliability only one star as I haven't enough time to find out if any issues.

Great car - Can easily handle two kids and dog

by C30 Fan from Chicago, IL | March 5, 2012

This is a great car. Have the C-30 R Design. Kids 9 and 8 alove the back bucket seats. The design is such that they can turn and look out the back window. 65lb Lab fit easily in the hatch area and likes it more than the X-5. I added the polestar and the car is so much fun to drive. BNicer than others I tested all which were more expensive, BMW 128, 135, Mini, Infiniti G35 and Audi A-3.