2001 Volvo C70

Available in 4 styles:  2001 Volvo C70 2dr Coupe shown

Overall

Absolutly awesome!

by Here's to loving a volvo from Wisconsin | September 29, 2014

3 years ago I purchased my 2001 C70 (135,000) and was instantly in love! I couldn't believe the amount of luxury you can get for $3000 in one of these. 17" alloy wheels, power everything (especially the engine), most comfortable car I have ever driven, and with a fairly limited production of coupe models, it makes for a unique and georgous car to own. When people say they are expensive to own, it always comes back to "dealership repair costs". Parts were actually dirt cheap (if you need any) and the engineering behind the platform is absolutely brilliant! I changed the timing belt (precautionary) in 1.5 hours myself with nothing but some cheap hand tools and no experience on this car. Not to mention they are factory undercoated heavily(most American cars are not), which you'll appreciate if you live in a state that uses salt in the winter like mine. But like any car, keep up on the maintenance with high mileage and these beauties will never let you down. In my opinion, the 2001 C70 (if not all C70's) is one of the most under appreciated and overlook budget cars ever made! simply excellent!!

Very cool, yet challenging!

by CLP from Mayville, MI | July 11, 2014

Purchased from used car dealer a year ago "as is" with 97k miles on it, with top not working and rear window coming unglued. Black on black with tan interior. Very good price with complete previous owner records, and new set of tires. Drove it home to Michigan (900 miles) no problems, and over 33 mpg, and fun, fun to drive! However top repair/replace is insane, just too expensive to comtemplate. So replaced rear window with tinted lexon (looks great and no leaks), and now operate top semi-manually with generic power window switches mounted on a panel in the trunk. Other than that, it is a great car, and we LOVE it. Lots of compliments, and no one can believe it is an '02! Recently voted most envied car in our church parking lot (after our pastor preached on envy:).

Nice sports car.

by Christtine! from Denver | March 26, 2013

The Volvo C-70 is a fast and reliable vehicle, great on gas mileage and is fun to drive. This vehicle has incredible take off and the style of the car is cool.

C70 Cloth tops are bigger and classic convertibles

by Volvo Safe and Fun Owner from Santa Barbafra, CA | December 22, 2012

The first four years of this model were based on the successful first front wheel drive Volvo 850 model. Smooth ride and now with a cloth top! Quiet inside with the top up and wow what a view with the top down. ROPS system provide rollover protection not offered in any convertible in this era. Volvo's are very reliable with regular maintenance service. Will buy another when this one wears out after 200,000 or more miles. This is a larger convertible than the current C70 models based on the S40. Check it our for yourself.

Bad car

by Ex-Volvo from San Aantonio | October 24, 2012

Very rough ride, squeaky, horrible top electronic and mechanical operation, poor reliability on transmission and ABS brakes. Expensive parts if availible at the dealer, parts hard to find unless you steal them!

Lasting good looks

by Flav from Chicago, Illinois | December 14, 2011

Purchased a 2001 C70 with about 48K on it and doubled it by now. Dislikes: City driving rough, feeling all bumps. I recently replaced all my tires with new and the ride improved a hole lot (on 17" rims), now ride in the city is acceptable. Pluses: Just spend my summer vacation driving cross country most days with the top down and accumulate 5K miles of pure joy ride. I can't wait for my next vacation. Like all cars something needs fixing here and there. Nothing major. I would buy this car again. Advise: Use a mechanic that knows what it is doing and you'll keep the repair costs to a minimum. Great sound system even with the top open and at highway speeds.

Issues

by Ravens from Baltimore, Maryland | January 30, 2010

I am sorry to say, we loved Volvo cars, we have couple of Volvo cars in the past but this one takes the cake. We have taken our Volvo C70 to the shops too many times in the past 2 years since we have own this. The mechanics can't figure out what the problem/s are. Everytime when the weather goes down to the 20's the car will not start right. We have spent over 2 grand to get the car fix and the problem is still there. Parts are expensive. I personally own a Nissan and it has not given me problems at all only the maintanence that I need to do. It is really eating up our bank account.Great during the summer time. Get compliments left and right and its a great looking car. We may have to look into another Volvo. It is creating problems with our daily lives. No more C70.

Best car I've ever owned

by C70 Lover from Paragould, AR | January 13, 2010

I bought my 2002 C70 when i saw it at the dealer and fell in love after the first test drive. It was the C70 coupe not convertible. I had a few minor things like a leak in the coolant reservoir, but dealer fixed with no problem. I have not had any other problems at all. Love the way it drives and the gas mileage i get is higher than the epa estimated. I traded it in for a 2006 mercedes C230, missed it so much I got rid of the Mercedes and got the C70 convertible!

my first volvo

by 2001 volvo c70 ht convertible from Schererville, IN | December 8, 2009

Car has great highway ride. plenty of pick up. very smooth at even 100mph. however, in the city...rattles alot. can feel every bump in the road. my car has the 17" low profile tires. might be the reason. Replaced the top this summer. about a $1100 project. over all great car for me. good gas mileage and very good cruising car. Oh, awesome sound system! Beware, parts are pretty expensive when you got to replace something. But all in all, i never see many of these cars and i get tons of compliments and people can't believe its a 2001.

Zero Reliability - High Cost Repairs

by Bubba from Virginia | December 9, 2008

Quite simply, the most problematic and least reliable car I have ever owned. El;ectrical problems are constant - interior panels and switches disintegrate and fall apart. Poor breaks, wind noise is constant, rattles incessant.

Featured Services for this Volvo C70