Volvo updated its midsize retractable-hardtop convertible, the C70, in 2011 with revised styling. The C70 has room for four people and competes with the Infiniti G37 and Lexus IS convertibles.
New for 2013
Volvo adds standard headlight washers and rain-sensing windshield wipers for 2013. A rear spoiler is now part of the Inscription Package.
Thanks to the update in 2011, the C70's front end bears a family resemblance to the S60 sedan and XC60 crossover. Overall, the nose is more wedge-shaped and has a larger air intake than the previous version. LED taillights give the rear a contemporary appearance. Exterior features include:
- Available adaptive xenon high-intensity-discharge headlights
- Standard 17-inch wheels
- Available 18-inch wheels
Volvo designed the instrument panel to impart more of a watch-dial design. Leather is standard, and cranberry-colored leather is optional. Other options include heated front seats, black oak inlays and an interior air-quality system that catches allergens. Interior features include:
- Standard dual-zone climate control
- Standard CD stereo with an auxiliary jack
- Standard trip computer
- Available navigation system with real-time traffic data
Under the Hood
The front-drive C70 is powered by a turbocharged five-cylinder engine. Mechanical features include:
- 227 horsepower and 236 pounds-feet of torque in regular form
- 250 hp and 273 pounds-feet when the Inscription Package is selected
- Five-speed automatic transmission
Side-impact and side curtain airbags are standard. Volvo says the curtains are designed to stay deployed in the event of a rollover. Additional safety features include:
- Standard four-wheel-disc antilock brakes
- Standard traction control
- Standard electronic stability system
- Standard active front head restraints
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2013 Volvo C70.